• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
dfire

Predictions who will win campaign 165

40 posts in this topic

Will campaign start in tier 2 where we left off?

Edited by delems

I play MOAR so probably Axis

Edited by Jsilec

All depends on numbers, and who is playing which side this coming map.

S! Ian 

1 person likes this

I'm on vacation so I predict a lot of Axis deaths, I am not stat.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, bus0 said:

I'm on vacation so I predict a lot of Axis deaths, I am not stat.

He is bed sorry

depends on the number of days the Tier
if it is the same as the previous campaign
Matildas and matamor win.

8 minutes ago, enemytank said:

depends on the number of days the Tier
if it is the same as the previous campaign
Matildas and matamor win.

Depends on numbers, allies have had T0/T1 defeats with 6 matties and 3 CS matties - matty is uber, but if there is no one to use them, or to defend CPs then allies will lose. Numbers is KING.

S! Ian 

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Depends on numbers, allies have had T0/T1 defeats with 6 matties and 3 CS matties - matty is uber, but if there is no one to use them, or to defend CPs then allies will lose. Numbers is KING.

S! Ian 

Numbers of Vets is king tbh but yes numbers one way or another win the map 9 times in 10

1 person likes this

As always, axis has the numbers. The allies need to find a way to get numbers. Usually a good number of vets for allies will snowball the map towards the german factories. Allies hold a slight advantage in vets vs vets at the moment.

23 minutes ago, pulfer said:

As always, axis has the numbers. The allies need to find a way to get numbers. Usually a good number of vets for allies will snowball the map towards the german factories. Allies hold a slight advantage in vets vs vets at the moment.

We're vets and we have cool hats, pipes and moustaches. 48th Highlanders (Canada) FTW. 

Related image

2 people like this

+1 for the Canadian DLC (just give us a unit and patches CRS) 

S!

2 people like this

Allies have more TOM and Tz3 average numbers are allies 60% axis 40% so I will say Allied side wins

Well I say axis will win , cause I was on allied side , and was called a axis [censored] cause I wouldn't help him cap .  I was outside shooting axis before they got to cp , got 2 before the name calling so I left.  Years before they ever signed up I was the top capper most maps , also was number 1 rifle in brits and French but mostly axis . Got to number 1 rifle cause of high qty of caps .  Just a couple of maps ago I was 3rd highest capper and had most caps in a sortie.  So guess what ,I don't like to cap now that much , ei are laggy when Im in the building with them . So I prefer to blow up cp , and shoot them from outside .  That's the way I play now ,so to bad I wont cap on demand  , but you had help with me killing ei , but with your dumbass comments I left . So I will stay allied this map , but your treatment of others players I would say cost you numbers.

18 minutes ago, tatonka said:

Well I say axis will win , cause I was on allied side , and was called a axis [censored] cause I wouldn't help him cap .  I was outside shooting axis before they got to cp , got 2 before the name calling so I left.  Years before they ever signed up I was the top capper most maps , also was number 1 rifle in brits and French but mostly axis . Got to number 1 rifle cause of high qty of caps .  Just a couple of maps ago I was 3rd highest capper and had most caps in a sortie.  So guess what ,I don't like to cap now that much , ei are laggy when Im in the building with them . So I prefer to blow up cp , and shoot them from outside .  That's the way I play now ,so to bad I wont cap on demand  , but you had help with me killing ei , but with your dumbass comments I left . So I will stay allied this map , but your treatment of others players I would say cost you numbers.

I'd apologize but you're gonna find morons no matter which side you play. Last time I played axis last campaign, the true believers were ranting on side chat about how the axis players who went allied could just stay there and they flat out told me to leave, I wasn't wanted there.

So do what makes the game fun for you and don't mind the small minded idiots.

Edited by Randazzo
7 people like this

1 hour ago, Randazzo said:

I'd apologize but you're gonna find morons no matter which side you play. Last time I played axis last campaign, the true believers were ranting on side chat about how the axis players who went allied could just stay there and they flat out told me to leave, I wasn't wanted there.

So do what makes the game fun for you and don't mind the small minded idiots.

Game is fun when I do what my squad is suppose to do ( sniper squad )  Its hard to set-up sometimes, but its worth it . 

The capping I try do now is to set up a recapper  to kill him . 

I don’t understand the sensitivity to loudmouth idiots ingame....just .ignore and play as you please

5 people like this

I tried playing during wbs. I had access to the sniper rife and played allied. I was constantly bombarded with comments both public and private telling me we didn't need snipers, that I wasn't doing anything to help, or telling me to check cps. The idea that somehow snipers are bad players gets old. I see people spawn tanks and not check cps. I see people spawn an smg and run into the field the get kills and not check cps. I see aaa and atg gunners not checking cps. But for some reason everyone assumes that if a player would quit sniping they would be guarding a cp. I get kills just like the tankers and gunners but for some reason it's my fault when a cp falls. So I ended up setting dms far out of town and pushing around an atg, doing less for my team than if I was sniping in town, yet no one ever yelled at me. 

So quit singling out one unit for doing what a lot of other people are doing. Needless to say I didn't re-subscribe to the game.

16 minutes ago, tribard said:

I tried playing during wbs. I had access to the sniper rife and played allied. I was constantly bombarded with comments both public and private telling me we didn't need snipers, that I wasn't doing anything to help, or telling me to check cps. The idea that somehow snipers are bad players gets old. I see people spawn tanks and not check cps. I see people spawn an smg and run into the field the get kills and not check cps. I see aaa and atg gunners not checking cps. But for some reason everyone assumes that if a player would quit sniping they would be guarding a cp. I get kills just like the tankers and gunners but for some reason it's my fault when a cp falls. So I ended up setting dms far out of town and pushing around an atg, doing less for my team than if I was sniping in town, yet no one ever yelled at me. 

So quit singling out one unit for doing what a lot of other people are doing. Needless to say I didn't re-subscribe to the game.

You should never be called out for the unit you choose to play personally. "need less snipers, need cappers" is not a personal attack unless you want it to be and it is probably correct the majority of the time. In Tatonka's case I already know whatever he is doing is to our benefit because he's spent years proving just that but he is an exception. In general 9 times in 10 a sniper is merely padding their stats and achieving nothing. controversial perhaps but usually accurate. 

2 people like this

On 6/26/2019 at 11:55 AM, catfive said:

Numbers of Vets is king tbh but yes numbers one way or another win the map 9 times in 10

It's number of vets.  Most are headless chickens, 10% of the players do 90% of the effective.

I am not talking about general statements, I'm talking about people calling me out personally, sometimes relentlessly on objective channel and also private messages. This is unacceptable and it is hard to ignore and act like nothing happened. This hatred of sniping has become ingrained in the player base as some kind of mass hysteria against one unit, blaming them for all their woes.