• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
dfire

Predictions who will win campaign 165

40 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Randazzo said:

I'd apologize but you're gonna find morons no matter which side you play. Last time I played axis last campaign, the true believers were ranting on side chat about how the axis players who went allied could just stay there and they flat out told me to leave, I wasn't wanted there.

So do what makes the game fun for you and don't mind the small minded idiots.

I'd apologize too, but I'm more interested in where one gets the 'Moron' and 'Small Minded Idiot' DLCs. How much are they? 

As to snipers, I think every player should play the unit they want, the way the want. Snipers has become just a generic term for players hiding in odd places, shooting once in a while, usually rather ineffectively.  I would never put in chat 'need less snipers, more cappers'. I would just say 'need better snipers'. That way no ei would interrupt your capping - or if defending you wouldn't have to guard a cp at all - as all the ei would be dead by sniper.  

1 hour ago, tribard said:

I tried playing during wbs. I had access to the sniper rife and played allied. I was constantly bombarded with comments both public and private telling me we didn't need snipers, that I wasn't doing anything to help, or telling me to check cps. The idea that somehow snipers are bad players gets old. I see people spawn tanks and not check cps. I see people spawn an smg and run into the field the get kills and not check cps. I see aaa and atg gunners not checking cps. But for some reason everyone assumes that if a player would quit sniping they would be guarding a cp. I get kills just like the tankers and gunners but for some reason it's my fault when a cp falls. So I ended up setting dms far out of town and pushing around an atg, doing less for my team than if I was sniping in town, yet no one ever yelled at 

Sniping is ineffective? Tell that to dertod who gets some of the highest kill sniper missions. He had a semi-busy ems locked down last night just with a sniper rifle. Snipers can lock down or contain ems's cut entrances to bunkers or cps, and just generally attrit. The problem for me is when you have a whole team of people (3 or more) in the same building or close vicinity sniping. However, I've never ever considered calling out anyone for it. Sometimes ill suggest to the team as a whole to spread out and take depots

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, dfire said:

Sniping is ineffective? Tell that to dertod who gets some of the highest kill sniper missions. He had a semi-busy ems locked down last night just with a sniper rifle. Snipers can lock down or contain ems's cut entrances to bunkers or cps, and just generally attrit. The problem for me is when you have a whole team of people (3 or more) in the same building or close vicinity sniping. However, I've never ever considered calling out anyone for it. Sometimes ill suggest to the team as a whole to spread out and take depots

LOL yah when I get hit by Dertod I hunt him. He usually kills me 4 or 5 times in the process but every once in a while I catch up with him.

I also like to snipe, usually when Im tired of running and gunning.  However I absolutely LOVE sniping EI streaming in.  I like being 3-500m out with every once in a while getting away with a 15 kill mission.  Its rare I do better than that but it can be a lot of fun.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, tribard said:

I am not talking about general statements, I'm talking about people calling me out personally, sometimes relentlessly on objective channel and also private messages. This is unacceptable and it is hard to ignore and act like nothing happened. This hatred of sniping has become ingrained in the player base as some kind of mass hysteria against one unit, blaming them for all their woes.

I'd say every smart vet knows a good rifle or 2 can lock down an FMS, guard a CP or cause major problems to a def, done it myself many times. snipers in ineffective spots are the ones I don't like personally. Get the lay of the land/town and set yourself up where you can cut an FMS/camp one, Have a direct view through a depot door or window so you can at least shout if EI go in etc. Play a smart sniper and you'll get a lot of support from the vets. Th non vets I can;t help you with, they often think they know everything and will voice it. Learning who to ignore and who to listen to is one of the steep curves in the game

1 hour ago, dfire said:

When I was in AHC in the old days, I used to send out Hathcock to cut approaches to town.  He could stop any infantry movement of an entire quadrant.  Allied players have experienced the same at Agave's hands, before that Ceska, and both sides have gotten Tatonka parasniper love.

Quality snipers are gold.  Run of the mill rifle inf shooting from depots while no one checks the flag building is worse then useless.

3 people like this

I HIGHLY prefer a regular rifle to a sniper personally. The big reason being you cant ADS and strafe with a sniper and you lose vision of your screen a split second while the scope comes up. Not to mention its tunnel visioned. I love taking out snipers with good ol iron sights. After 500m thats when Ill consider a sniper, but i hardly ever mess around with infantry at those ranges. To each their own though.

A sniper used effectively is great. Playing this way requires tons of patience, plenty of comms and a bit of selfishness f'sure.

Going back a couple of years, I'd regularly spend 60-120 minutes on a sortie just relaying comms through to the town defenders and directing to FMS. Sometimes wouldn't even release a round. More difficult to do when numbers are low and you're more useful in the bunker or spawn!

There's probably a handful of us who have played that way.

The only thing that gets my goat is the stat guys - my arch enemy despawning twice when close to dying so the KD is maintained... you know who you are, & I still haven't forgotten! :D

On 6/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, Kilemall said:

When I was in AHC in the old days, I used to send out Hathcock to cut approaches to town.  He could stop any infantry movement of an entire quadrant.  Allied players have experienced the same at Agave's hands, before that Ceska, and both sides have gotten Tatonka parasniper love.

4 great names. 

1 person likes this

On 6/27/2019 at 5:36 AM, pulfer said:

As always, axis has the numbers. The allies need to find a way to get numbers. Usually a good number of vets for allies will snowball the map towards the german factories. Allies hold a slight advantage in vets vs vets at the moment.

Gretnine, wegue, and pulfer are playing again?  

Well well well...

As expected same ole bs about sniping. If your one of "these guys" it's okay. If you use it like I say you should then maybe it's okay to snipe. I happen to be a very good sniper, this is not my only account and I might even be one of "those guys". 

The main point I am making is why the hell are people concerning themselves with what other players are doing. I've never watched someone and told them they were not playing correctly.  I've never pm'd someone and asked them to do something. To me that is beyond reasonable.  If you want to lead, lead like potthead. I have fought with him for hours and hours and never once did he single out anyone or pm them to do something. He puts it in caps on objective and points out where help is needed and because he is respected people respond, even me.

Also, ten guys sniping from a depot while the cp gets capped are ten guys subscribed to the game.  Now days cps get capped and there are no players around.  

7 hours ago, Capco said:

Gretnine, wegue, and pulfer are playing again?  

Well well well...

I been using every trick in the book like bribery (gretnine) flattery (pulfer) and guilt (wegue)....my next trick is to get bar back with douchebaggery but i not sure how that will go

1 person likes this

Tried to help axis, was basically unplayable. Some observations:

1: Seems most axis vets have left, so please stop the we fight till the end talk. 

2: Old cap timers were there to prevent exactly the current situation. Why go from 15 seconds faster with two cappers to 105 seconds. old/current/ my proposal

1 225 seconds 240 seconds 225
2 205 seconds 120 seconds 192
3 180 seconds 90 seconds 159
4 160 seconds 80 seconds 126
5 135 seconds 70 seconds 93
6 120 seconds        60 seconds  60                 

3: Maybe give some other bonus to underpop side, when population imbalance goes below 1:3 or whatever the exact figure is, when it becomes unbearable. (town camped 5 minute after AO, no relief possible)

The game ebbs and flows.

A number of little things have happened:
1) axis won 3 in a row (5 if you count the 2 draws axis were winning), so some players switched to help even it up, maybe too many moved.

2) Garrisons ended KM infantry and hurt 2 axis squads (not sure if any allied squad affected), both with veteran players.

3) LMG change means axis has no advantage now anywhere (kills down 50%).

4) Tier 0 is always hard on axis and they generally get pushed back, we've had very long tier 0s lately.

5) french get 10% and british get 20% more SMGs.... this adds up over time - especially with above tier 0 tank issue where axis loses lots of infantry.

6) RDP, axis are hitting on the RDP front, but still advantage is going to allies as they doing more and front line now makes it harder for axis.

7) HE changes, how the mortar, grenadier and rubble works has changed, making HE tactics mostly ineffective, this has hurt axis defenders.

8) Summer, pop often seems fluid and different, though not sure it really is.

So, all those little things taken together become a big thing.

Been watching the pop TOM.  Started out about 2% allied, then went to 7% and last I looked over 10%, so steadily increasing.

But this is normal, as maps push towards end, the winning side stays on longer, while the losing side logs off sooner.

As for capture times, I think it is far better to have team capping really mean something as it now does.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Teamwork based capture timers are great - Anything that really rewards teamwork (like our current capture timers) should be encouraged. I’d even argue for requiring 2 people to cap or stop capping.