Sparre

Military facilities should give resupply

16 posts in this topic

Consider the concept that the PPO we spawn from also function as resupply points. I like this idea, and I would like to see it taken further and back to basic. All military spawn facilities, i.e. buildings that we spawn from as well as buildings we can capture, should be considered to have a stock of ammo. In my mind should such a feature been added from the beginning when the resupply function was added.

Take this yet a little bit further, an Army base (an defined area) as a whole should on it own give ammo resupply, not a specific building. I see this as logical. An AB is packed with ammo and the defenders should have full access to it.

Then could there be a few other buildings that from a tactical or strategical reason should be considered to have an ammo supply (think of it as the defenders made up a good defense plan ahead of an attack). In particular am I looking at Railway stations (A highly valued strategic facility) and various castle buildings. Also the factories should have a stock of ammo for AA defense.

But why not also add this function to remote farmhouses and ruins outside towns. Such buildings could be very good tactical positions defenders has prepared in advanced. The list could be long and make the game more varied and interesting.

5 people like this

NCOs can drop ammo boxes, as can trucks. Just setup near the wanted building?

Airfields are that for planes, land and fuel/ammo up, but the difference is the plane is largely useless on the ground.  Having tanks instantly reload because they are next to FB tents, depots or ABs?  No thanks.  Ammo boxes, trucks, inf resup and despawn/respawn covers this just fine.

Can't move a truck 10 feet to reach a tank cause you are that ubercamped?  I'd say that's a cut supply line, short as it is.

Think current system is fine.

Ammo box and truck along with xMS and NCO all allow ammo rearming.

There should be some risk in rearming, not just sitting near any building on map.

1 person likes this

If depots were ammo resupply, people would literally never have to leave the building! (other than when they get slaughtered through the windows, does that count as leaving?)

I posted a while back about putting an Ammo Cache in the Flag/Capture building (in the back closet) as an incentive to actually get people to go into the Capture Building, as with everything else this fell on deaf ears.  I would limit the range on this resupply cache so that you actually had to be in the building to get the resupply, you couldn't get resupply standing outside near the Capture Building.Er1lu8H.jpg

Edited by downtown
2 people like this

Option B: in the back room (the Ammo Cache comes out of the closet.)

oQbcgjg.jpg  

1 person likes this

Ideas for the Standard Bunker.

First Floor.

Q6r4DE0.jpg

Or second.

yrmXsKz.jpg

2 people like this

^^^ that could be interesting. Of course infantry don't usually run out of ammo, but still.

17 hours ago, tater said:

^^^ that could be interesting. Of course infantry don't usually run out of ammo, but still.

Tanks, AAA, and AT are mobile you have to put the Ammo Caches where they are, this is an attempt to get people to go into the Flagged Buildings   Carrot/Stick thinking.

4 hours ago, downtown said:

Tanks, AAA, and AT are mobile you have to put the Ammo Caches where they are, this is an attempt to get people to go into the Flagged Buildings   Carrot/Stick thinking.

Yeah, it has some merit, I like it.

I think it would not be good for gameplay.. but I'm for a new building with that purpose called Ammo depot. Ammo is not store in every military building, it's usually in ammo depots.

While we are at this.. most of old units carried way too much ammo because in the past we could no easily resupply, this should change.

The original game design was to have something like this.  Parts of the underlying system are still visible (the 'gas stations' in towns were originally planned to be re-fuel points), but it never made it much past the drawing board.  

TNUP (punt backwards) for maybe ammo caches in the Flag Buildings/Bunkers, as an encouragement to get people to go into them.

also 

x4c2u9Z.pngEV4Z3mi.pnguwZLDud.pngdg61QAF.png

I made these which you could put in the Spawn buildings to help suggest to players that they should actually leave the spawn building and check the buildings with Flags on them.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, tater said:

As someone who enjoys playing a mortarman, I can assure you that running out of ammo is a very common thing. Also, Rifleman don't resupply Engineer repair tools or satchels, Infantry satchels, and so on. But the worst for me is a mortar. I get set up and then run out of ammo in 5 minutes and have to despawn, respawn and run back to set up again. Calls for resupply are hit and miss.

I think Sparre's idea would help with that if being adjacent to the building worked like an FMS does. But I admit that Downtown's suggestions have merit in providing permanent resupply inside a building, so you also have cover while waiting for resupply to tick off. Both are good variations on the idea.

1 person likes this

On 8/5/2019 at 6:39 AM, downtown said:

TNUP (punt backwards) for maybe ammo caches in the Flag Buildings/Bunkers, as an encouragement to get people to go into them.

also 

x4c2u9Z.pngEV4Z3mi.pnguwZLDud.pngdg61QAF.png

I made these which you could put in the Spawn buildings to help suggest to players that they should actually leave the spawn building and check the buildings with Flags on them.

Having rules posters like in the FMS is a really good thing that should be expanded upon.