Boudreau

Just a reminder

110 posts in this topic

The subscribed players provide the revenue stream for the game and the RATS.  The only game I know of that works this way.  No advertising, no company logo's, etc.  The subscribed players provide the revenue that the RATS need to keep the game alive.  To fix bugs that we find, to get software that will allow them to create new and later model gear, and so on. 

Sub up, guys and gals.  Stop using the FTP option, help XOOM and the RATS  keep the game alive and improve it.  S!

 

Edited by Boudreau
18 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.7.2019 at 8:41 PM, Boudreau said:

The subscribed players provide the revenue stream for the game and the RATS.  The only game I know of that works this way.  No advertising, no company logo's, etc.  The subscribed players provide the revenue that the RATS need to keep the game alive.  To fix bugs that we find, to get software that will allow them to create new and later model gear, and so on. 

Sub up, guys and gals.  Stop using the FTP option, help XOOM and the RATS  keep the game alive and improve it.  S!

 

I lol'ed big time

Edited by undercova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they picked the hard-line sim route instead of gameplay, just here waiting for em to reconsider...

 

if they're low on customers, it's the reality of the sim-over-gameplay genre. it's a tiny market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/7/2019 at 0:03 PM, major0noob said:

they picked the hard-line sim route instead of gameplay, just here waiting for em to reconsider...

 

if they're low on customers, it's the reality of the sim-over-gameplay genre. it's a tiny market

Same here, tired of wrong decissions and not resubbing my accounts unless playing Axis (only) will be fun again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ommadawn said:

Same here, tired of wrong decissions and not resubbing my accounts unless playing Axis (only) will be fun again.

Sadly, I believe you when you say you'll only resub when 'playing axis only is fun again'...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Augetout said:

Sadly, I believe you when you say you'll only resub when 'playing axis only is fun again'...

You do realize that there are Articles of Conduct for the HC don't you?  They especially apply to CINCs.  You should read up on them and rethink your comment.

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, csm308 said:

You do realize that there are Articles of Conduct for the HC don't you?  They especially apply to CINCs.  You should read up on them and rethink your comment.

VR

When believing someone becomes a violation of the code of conduct I will be sure to stop believing folks?  When being sad that someone is not going to resub becomes a violation of the code of conduct, well then I just don't know what I'll do.

S!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csm308 said:

You do realize that there are Articles of Conduct for the HC don't you?  They especially apply to CINCs.  You should read up on them and rethink your comment.

VR

You and I are hardly objective observers, but I think what you're implying is a bit of a stretch.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they don't have money to pay a level designer/map person (kind of important for a FPS game), but they got UE4 assets and keep talking about some new project in UE4

they have a huge map and tanks and airplanes, but force 75% of the playerbase to spawn infantry, sit in a little box and stare at gray walls for several minutes at a time

they don't see any problem with this and are at best dismissive when someone tells them that they are doing things wrong

I'm not sure if anyone has actually made a design document for the game

so while I like playing a sortie every now and then (when there are people online) I think I'll just keep my one infantry-only account for now, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if able to write off subs as charitable donations? Would be big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Augetout said:

When believing someone becomes a violation of the code of conduct I will be sure to stop believing folks?  When being sad that someone is not going to resub becomes a violation of the code of conduct, well then I just don't know what I'll do.

S!

"Sad that someone is not going to resub," is not what you were implying.  If that were the case you would have left off the "axis only" part, but you didn't.  Again, I advise you to re-read the Articles of Conduct and remember them the next time you post in the forums. 

I'll quote a portion of the AoC to you, "you are an ambassador of CRS. The rest of the gaming public will be looking for your example and assistance. You will treat all members of the community with the utmost respect and cordiality without bias, positive or negative, towards any individual, squad or unit in the game."

I didn't get off the bus yesterday Augetot.  If you had left off the "axis only" portion of your post, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation, but you did, and here we are.

15 hours ago, Randazzo said:

You and I are hardly objective observers, but I think what you're implying is a bit of a stretch.

Correct, but Augetot is a CINC.  He is supposed to provide the example for the rest of his officers and his player base.  I was a CINC as well and I know exactly the standards I was held to for the two campaigns I was CINC, by DOC no less. 

Those standards are why I sanctioned my OKW officers who decided they wanted to pee in the Allied Open forum.  This might be the General Discussion forum, but everybody reads it and takes away their opinion of you, as a CINC, when CINC's post.

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your all missing the point..... Except Boudreau who made the post. 

In a game like this, the worst way you can protest is to withhold your financial support.  We are a 100% player funded game and without your support development dies and so will the game... Really have to look big picture here if this is truly the game you love (to hate) :dd.

S! we need your subs more than ever!

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TMAN said:

Your all missing the point..... Except Boudreau who made the post. 

In a game like this, the worst way you can protest is to withhold your financial support.  We are a 100% player funded game and without your support development dies and so will the game... Really have to look big picture here if this is truly the game you love (to hate) :dd.

S! we need your subs more than ever!

 

I hear ya.  In addition to my Hero Builder account, I am also a Patreon supporter of WWIIOnline.

VR

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to keep supporting the game since 2003

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the builder account in the past , and have had 2 paying accounts for years , Im retired now, and its summer so I don't play as much as I use to . Have a deal going, and if it goes thru will sign back up .  Love the game. and use to pay even when not playing , but its a little tight right now , but I will come thru :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gt3076r said:

Anyone know if able to write off subs as charitable donations? Would be big.

Actually, yes. CRS would have to sell or give the game operation to a new nonprofit company organized as a 501(c) 3 under the IRS Code.

The new company would have to be organized to accomplish a charitable or public service goal. 

Section 501(c)(3) is the portion of the US Internal Revenue Code that allows for federal tax exemption of nonprofit organizations, specifically those that are considered public charities, private foundations or private operating foundations.

I'm not sure how a game would be defined as a public service, but that's how lawyers make their money.

My understanding of CRS history is that profits have been scarce over the past decades, so the "nonprofit" part isn't a stretch. My further understanding, though, is that one reason the current owner keeps the business going is in the hope that eventually the game will be done enough and good enough to break through to the big time. It seems to me that that hope would have to be set aside if the game became a 501(c) 3.

Edited by jwilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMAN said:

Your all missing the point..... Except Boudreau who made the post. 

In a game like this, the worst way you can protest is to withhold your financial support.  We are a 100% player funded game and without your support development dies and so will the game... Really have to look big picture here if this is truly the game you love (to hate) :dd.

S! we need your subs more than ever!

 

The unsubs (in my case) are not the cause of a problem (the game dies) but the logical consequence of something previous (wrong decissions = less fun). The big picture you talk about should include the origin of the unsubs, otherwise it is only a partial one (WARNING! humility and honesty requiered in this point). This game used to be the one I loved: for many years 2 premium subs, thousands of hours playing Axis only since my day 1, belonging to great squads, recruiting and training new players, etc..., and now it is only a game I could love again some day. 

I appreciate the efforts the developers did by introducing new weapons in the last years, updating models and the rest of things that have been done, but in my opinion they totally failed in finding the best ingame experience for both sides. Logic still applies: if fun is back, I'll be back (and I am not the only one).

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csm308 said:

"Sad that someone is not going to resub," is not what you were implying.  If that were the case you would have left off the "axis only" part, but you didn't.  Again, I advise you to re-read the Articles of Conduct and remember them the next time you post in the forums. 

I'll quote a portion of the AoC to you, "you are an ambassador of CRS. The rest of the gaming public will be looking for your example and assistance. You will treat all members of the community with the utmost respect and cordiality without bias, positive or negative, towards any individual, squad or unit in the game."

I didn't get off the bus yesterday Augetot.  If you had left off the "axis only" portion of your post, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation, but you did, and here we are.

Correct, but Augetot is a CINC.  He is supposed to provide the example for the rest of his officers and his player base.  I was a CINC as well and I know exactly the standards I was held to for the two campaigns I was CINC, by DOC no less. 

Those standards are why I sanctioned my OKW officers who decided they wanted to pee in the Allied Open forum.  This might be the General Discussion forum, but everybody reads it and takes away their opinion of you, as a CINC, when CINC's post.

VR

The discussion that you're attempting to have with me is based on a false assumption of yours.  At this point I can offer a clarification, but given your willingness to assume the worst I'm not sure it will help you.  Suffice it to say that I am not happy that someone is choosing not to re-sub, and it has nothing to do with whether or not they play Allied, Axis, or a mixture of the 2.  I am not implying what you seem to think I was.  In the future, should you conclude that your ability to read between the lines has given you special insights on 'what augetout really was implying', and when compared to the AoC it doesn't look good to you, I invite you to ask for a clarification.  I think you might find it less time-consuming and more useful than a false accusation.

S!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augetout said:

The discussion that you're attempting to have with me is based on a false assumption of yours.  At this point I can offer a clarification, but given your willingness to assume the worst I'm not sure it will help you.  Suffice it to say that I am not happy that someone is choosing not to re-sub, and it has nothing to do with whether or not they play Allied, Axis, or a mixture of the 2.  I am not implying what you seem to think I was.  In the future, should you conclude that your ability to read between the lines has given you special insights on 'what augetout really was implying', and when compared to the AoC it doesn't look good to you, I invite you to ask for a clarification.  I think you might find it less time-consuming and more useful than a false accusation.

S!

As I said, I didn't get off the bus yesterday.  If you had stopped at "sad you're unsubscribing," we wouldn't be having this conversation.  But you didn't, so here we are.  Your "clarification" doesn't pass the smell test and I don't believe you.  In the grand scheme of things that doesn't mean much. 

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csm308 said:

As I said, I didn't get off the bus yesterday.  If you had stopped at "sad you're unsubscribing," we wouldn't be having this conversation.  But you didn't, so here we are.  Your "clarification" doesn't pass the smell test and I don't believe you.  In the grand scheme of things that doesn't mean much. 

VR

I suppose.   Of course you are still basing this entire conversation on an incorrect assumption that I have attempted to make sure didn't continue or escalate.  I'm less than pleased that your response is to call me a liar, but it makes sense, as it is far easier than simply admitting that you read my post incorrectly, (or if you would prefer, I wasn't clear enough).

Again, I didn't mean to convey anything other than that I was unhappy someone was unsubbing.  I keep saying I didn't mean to imply what you think I meant to imply----and I'm saying it that way as I have no idea what you think I was implying.  I gather it is negative, and I've attempted to clarify that isn't the case.  If/when you have a problem with how I've worded something, you should feel free to contact me and ask for a clarification which I will be only to glad to provide.  If you would prefer to continue making false accusations based on not understanding my post(s) and/or not believing me, that is your deal.  If I had done something wrong, I would have apologized for it.  I didn't, thus I haven't, (apologized).

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Augetout said:

I suppose.   Of course you are still basing this entire conversation on an incorrect assumption that I have attempted to make sure didn't continue or escalate.  I'm less than pleased that your response is to call me a liar, but it makes sense, as it is far easier than simply admitting that you read my post incorrectly, (or if you would prefer, I wasn't clear enough).

Again, I didn't mean to convey anything other than that I was unhappy someone was unsubbing.  I keep saying I didn't mean to imply what you think I meant to imply----and I'm saying it that way as I have no idea what you think I was implying.  I gather it is negative, and I've attempted to clarify that isn't the case.  If/when you have a problem with how I've worded something, you should feel free to contact me and ask for a clarification which I will be only to glad to provide.  If you would prefer to continue making false accusations based on not understanding my post(s) and/or not believing me, that is your deal.  If I had done something wrong, I would have apologized for it.  I didn't, thus I haven't, (apologized).

Its your story, you can tell it as big as you want.  I noticed you didn't address the disconnect I identified at all.  I guess it I far easier than simply admitting that you made a mistake.

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe removing LMG advantage, then giving less number of SMGs is an issue?

A double jeopardy?

Name one area axis has advantage now.... (and if you say 88, you need a whack against the head)

I've posted for weeks about the unfair advantage in spawn lists.   Nada, nothing, zilch.

(ok, not entirely true, seems the 60% brit advantage was lowered to 20% advantage.......)

I guess if total pop and subs up, good move.

 

Edited by delems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, delems said:

Maybe removing LMG advantage, then giving less number of SMGs is an issue?

I'd be interested what would happen if all the SMGs were identical, except the visual models.

It's been a LONG time, but I recall testing showing the different dispersion patterns of the SMGs. Different single shot accuracy, etc. Unless someone did RL testing with guns firing period ammo, and shot remotely while clamped down as a control, I'm not sure how anyone could model differing recoil/dispersion accurately.

What if (no idea if this is true, bear with me) the MP40 is substantially more effective than other SMGs in game?

I haven't timed the Mauser in game vs my own, but it's not jarring to me, and in RL, the bolt on the 98k actually blocks the sight picture, anyway (under the assumption the bolt didn't hit you in the nose, lol). The difference between the ww2ol No.4 mkI and my SMLE, OTOH is stark enough I don't need to directly compare them. I can cycle my SMLE while in the sight picture (and pretty fast). The game simply does not allow this. Maybe the MP40 is indeed better than the other SMGs (I don't personally like it in RL, but that's not definitive), but then why not model other weapons with their advantages? Maybe it's just better enough (in game stats) that it needs to have fewer to be balanced? (again, I have no idea, just throwing stuff out there to consider)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tater said:

I'd be interested what would happen if all the SMGs were identical, except the visual models.

People would complain SMG's were all the same;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.