• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Boudreau

Just a reminder

110 posts in this topic

I see. 

My only counterpoint would be that the consistent premium subscribers will continue to be consistent.  It seems from the feedback in this thread that the people who want a downgrade option are those who can only pay the premium level at certain points of the year.  It does not seem to be from people who feel they have to pay full price despite not playing every aspect of the game.  

I think you'd bring in more money and wouldn't pose much of a risk to your bread and butter subscribers by avoiding an all-or-nothing approach once premium level has been reached.  I don't have any data to support that of course.  It's just a hunch.  If you have data that says you will lose premium subscribers to basic level subscriptions then I'm wrong.  

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Capco said:

I see. 

My only counterpoint would be that the consistent premium subscribers will continue to be consistent.  It seems from the feedback in this thread that the people who want a downgrade option are those who can only pay the premium level at certain points of the year.  It does not seem to be from people who feel they have to pay full price despite not playing every aspect of the game.  

I think you'd bring in more money and wouldn't pose much of a risk to your bread and butter subscribers by avoiding an all-or-nothing approach once premium level has been reached.  I don't have any data to support that of course.  It's just a hunch.  If you have data that says you will lose premium subscribers to basic level subscriptions then I'm wrong.  

My experience with the Free Play deal has told me that this is the likely probability. These new plans are specifically designed to encourage new subscriptions and reactivations as a priority.

As a consumer, of course you want to get the best deal for what you want, I don't wrong anyone for thinking that way. But as a business, my job is to make sure I can continue to provide the services to the best of its ability. You're not losing out on services, as a premium user you actually have a lot more than even career based subs (like premium forums, full tilt access, HC privileges, etc). I think it's important to say that because the general feel of this thread is almost saying as if premium subscribers are kind of losing something, and that's fundamentally incorrect.

We are in fact creating a greater value of what it means to be a premium guy - you are the top dogs, you got it all! And we appreciate the heck out of you guys  for being ultimately responsible for keeping the game going smoothly, that chip on your shoulder is for you to wear. S! 

Missing Part 0- Voice Comms

Everything else about conversion to sub/retention is made infinitely more difficult by lack of comms out of the box.

Just now, Kilemall said:

Missing Part 0- Voice Comms

Everything else about conversion to sub/retention is made infinitely more difficult by lack of comms out of the box.

That's on the list after the user interface is completed which is in progress. We decided to do this first because right now users are getting lost on-sight. 

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, Capco said:

Those losses have already been suffered by people who stopped subs, most of whom would have gone F2P/new account.  The risk then is people who are protesting equipment or side issues, creating surprise cash flow instability.

I'd say this risks more going from X to $0 and disassociated from the game, rather then X to $5 and still has a connection.

Edited by Kilemall

7 hours ago, XOOM said:

Part 3: Retain subscribers

• Maintain stability of operations, reduce loss potential
  • If we open this door, without filling up 1&2, we are risking too greatly

could you do a poll asking people why they log out, in my experience with squad mates that left: they always logged out early before unsubbing.

since my FMS crusade, the most common reason was camped or no spawns. this was back with the 3min build times though.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, odolf said:

So no forum avatar without hero subscription? LOL wtf matt?

why would you get a hero avatar if you don’t have a hero subscription?

Just now, SCKING said:

why would you get a hero avatar if you don’t have a hero subscription?

I think Odolf was seeing it as that you don't get an avatar at all without a Hero subscription.
@Odolf you can add an avatar in your profile. (Apologies if I misunderstood)

S!S!S!

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Quincannon said:

I think Odolf was seeing it as that you don't get an avatar at all without a Hero subscription.
@Odolf you can add an avatar in your profile. (Apologies if I misunderstood)

S!S!S!

That's not the case, you do get one, there's just a support contact requirement there, which is no biggie. I added what I could quickly so he could benefit in short order.

1 person likes this