XOOM

All-in on Free Trial & Subscriptions

58 posts in this topic

A series of changes are in progress to create a better onboarding experience for new users joining WWII Online and shaping an appropriate set of expectations for what our game service is all about. As of today, perpetual Free Play access will no longer be offered and has been replaced with a 30 day free trial account which gives you all infantry and a truck. We have 5 subscription options available and we will no longer be selling downloadable content. Continue reading this article to receive full details and an explanation for why CRS has made these necessary changes to our game service experience.

Home page article

https://www.wwiionline.com/support-bulletins/accounts-billing/all-in-on-free-trial-subscriptions

1 person likes this

My subscription is locked. I resubbed as all infantry ground classes type of sub a few days ago and as of today my subscription is locked.

I would submit a ticket ASAP.  The Rats will take care of it.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, bluelad said:

My subscription is locked. I resubbed as all infantry ground classes type of sub a few days ago and as of today my subscription is locked.

Unintended side effect of cleaning some stuff up. We are working on that right now, this was hidden until those corrections. Sorry man, hang in there!

@bluelad You should be able to access game now, though we put a band-aid on your account until we can figure it all out. Still in progress here, let me know if you can get in (you should be able to).

6 hours ago, sydspain said:

Who will use a rifle now? :huh:

I suspect the same people that use a rifle now. Most of em don't cap, so it won't effect them greatly.

Starter account for 16 cents per day is an excellent value...;)

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, PITTPETE said:

Starter account for 16 cents per day is an excellent value...;)

I heard with currency values peaking in thailand that can get you a mansion with a yacht

23 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

I heard with currency values peaking in thailand that can get you a mansion with a yacht

The Elmer J Fudd subscription plan!

Okay we got all of the Career Subs working properly and without error now. Sorry about that, we fixed it late last night. A minor misconfiguration issue that was masked by people having a simultaneous free play account.

Come and get’em!

1 person likes this

I personally think this is a bit high: *All Ground Forces Subscription: $12.99/mo

For me, that should be $9.99 and the "all inf" should be closer to the starter account (the starter account has less infantry options, but more vehicles).

Yes, pay monthly seems more trendy nowadays than Free-To-Play, but a bit like what APPs do I put on my phone, I think most people will think about "what subscription services do I want and how much am I willing to pay for it" ? Do I want to pay an extra $12.99/mo ? Well, $18 was just silly so its better now, but will I be more tempted by $9.99 than $12.99 ? Well, I know about me, but not sure about others, especially outside the US.

I think that this prices should be more around "how much are people willing to pay" and less about "how much do we need people to pay to keep this company floating".

Honest to goodness I hated the no-cap rifles last time round.

You look around the map on a town, assume people are in buildings capping or recapping, don't know which is which, can't allocate people properly to tasks if you don't have a clue which facilities are actually in play.

The other bad was that since F2Ps couldn't cap, they wouldn't show up to trigger the capping bar when you are a defender, so if their steps are muffled or drowned out the first indication they are there is you the defender taking a bullet.

Edited by Kilemall

Agree, just get rid of the FPA now if they going away.

Convert everyone to 30 day trial account.

Then, at least, we'll have some consistency in everyone capping.

41 minutes ago, nily5000 said:

R.I.P. FTP TOP KILLAS

S!

LIES

I'll buy you a month. 

NOT LIES! 

57 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I'll buy you a month. 

NOT LIES! 

I'll buy a 2nd month.

will you please update the steam tag. we've been saying the game is not F2P for years.

3 hours ago, sorella said:

I'll buy a 2nd month.

I will buy nily a new blow up doll of his hero dandare

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

I will buy nily a new blow up doll of his hero dandare

I will pick up the 99 cents towards the "All Air Forces" career sub for a month if someone wants to pick up the other $9.

Edited by ch0ad

I was waiting for DLC that available to non steam account

With the cancellation of DLC & f2p, it is time for me to say goodbye

19 minutes ago, heilmittel said:

Noooo ... :(  

Been a pleasure playing with you, squaddie 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, heilmittel said:

That sucks.. Hopefully you will take a look at the Starter subscription at least. Good value for $5 a month ($0.17 a day). Otherwise I wish you the best. S!

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, major0noob said:

will you please update the steam tag. we've been saying the game is not F2P for years.

Not sure if you checked but the f2p has been removed together with the announcement.