• Announcements

• CHIMM

***Expected Outage Scheduled*** 7 day Notice   12/15/2019

Next Sunday, December 22nd 2019 outage and cut-over will START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME or 5:00 PM GMT. All services will be effected for 24 +/- hours as announced in our previous article. Game server physically relocated  Website and critical data relocated Configure the game server all critical services to new ISP's We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition, our goal is to minimize server downtime. Official communications/status will be posted via Axis and Allied Discord, and FaceBook during outage. ***Effective that day, server time will be considered Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), not US Central (CST) as it is now.***
XOOM

All-in on Free Trial & Subscriptions

58 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, heilmittel said:

I was waiting for DLC that available to non steam account

With the cancellation of DLC & f2p, it is time for me to say goodbye

I see you are a previous Premium subscriber with multiple months of doing so. If you care about this game, you'll understand quickly that DLC's nor Free Play has resulted into the success of WWII Online. If you want to continue to play this game, please consider subscribing. Protesting is not the solution. We tried for 7 years, it was a failed experiment despite our best intentions, efforts and implementations to try and make it work. If you haven't listened to my audio address, consider listening to it (on my signature).

WWII Online is a game service, it needs to be understood as such. It is not just a regular game where server responsibilities are offloaded onto players who have to pay third parties for space. I hope you understand Heilmittel, but you are not going to change the opinion or decision by what you are saying you're going to do - nor is anyone else. This is how it has to be so WWII Online can go on for another 18 years.

Please stick with us. $4.99/mo starter is an extremely reasonable price, and we have new career subscriptions. We've made it so that any budget can help support the game without breaking the bank.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, hillstorm said:

Noooo ... :(  

Been a pleasure playing with you, squaddie 

I'd encourage you to take action, instead of saying goodbye, spend the necessary time with a squaddie to talk them through it. We are here because of our subscriber base and community. While this is disheartening to those who have played on Free Play for sometime, it is a necessary thing to create the best conditions of keeping WWII Online healthy.

@Community: CRS needs your help to create understanding. Talk with your squaddies who may be discouraged by this, answer their questions OR send them to me so I can try. I can't make a big change like this alone, but it is an important one. I need you guys to trust my judgement and trust that CRS has tried to make this work (unsuccessfully) for 7 years! Couldn't ask for much more than that.

I find it amusing that this game can be played at the most basic level for just a bit more than the cost of one coffee  from Starbucks ($3.25). 
The average savings for eating a bagged lunch vs. eating out at jack in the box/burger king/del taco/el pollo loco/mcdonald's/subway is also about $3.... per lunch ($15 buck / week).
I don't know. Can't say I see the big problem here. But then again, maybe I'm just missing something.

Not being able to re-sub at basic once you've been premium, yeah that's a bit draconian. 
Seems like both sides should be able to meet in the middle on this. 

Never agreed with perpetual f2p, always felt that value merits reward..... But, I was born in another century so maybe it's the dinosaur in me that makes me think this way.

3 people like this

29 minutes ago, dustyhc said:

Not being able to re-sub at basic once you've been premium, yeah that's a bit draconian. 
Seems like both sides should be able to meet in the middle on this. 

This is what I'm thinking. I'd rather have a vet downgrade and keep playing/paying instead of quitting outright. 

They need to rethink this one.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Mosizlak said:

This is what I'm thinking. I'd rather have a vet downgrade and keep playing/paying instead of quitting outright. 

They need to rethink this one.

500 more accounts at $5 is $2500 per month or $30000 per year, more then most of the fundraisers.  I wouldn't turn it down.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

500 more accounts at $5 is $2500 per month or $30000 per year, more then most of the fundraisers.  I wouldn't turn it down.

Exactly, take anything you can get. 

1 person likes this

forgive a addled mind but  playiing and paying  premium for all those years,  now that i am disabled, and cnaot  afford the full monty, I canot   keep paying at  reduced rate with my old acount for jsut inf and  armor?

Wife and i been trying to find a way to stay in game w/o loosing a house :P  And if i this is so then it feels like a slap in face to a long time  player :(

4 people like this

28 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Shoot, take that down one order of magnitude to 50 and I still think that probably out-raises most of the fundraisers. 

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

I'd encourage you to take action, instead of saying goodbye, spend the necessary time with a squaddie to talk them through it. We are here because of our subscriber base and community. While this is disheartening to those who have played on Free Play for sometime, it is a necessary thing to create the best conditions of keeping WWII Online healthy.

With respect, I’m mostly just getting confused, to be honest. You encouraged heilmittel to “please stay with us” and mentioned how reasonable the $4.99 starter value is (and I agree). But as you pointed out, he’s previously been a premium member. So he can’t roll back. Or is it different it there has been a lag in between? 

Also, we heard that F2P would be end on Oct 1, yet lots of f2p subscriptions are already inactive. I saw your explanation about that. It doesn’t really make sense to me.  But that’s beside the point. 

Of course I want my squaddies to stay. Honestly, most of them have been in this game much longer than I have. I trust them to know what value they feel they are getting out of the game, what it’s worth to them, and make the best decision for themselves. To that point, it looked like you made the assumption that heilmittel is leaving out of protest. I didn’t see that? Maybe I just missed it, or maybe for heilmittel it’s a budget decision.  Or a combination of that with other reasons.

Well i disagree with many CRS decision in the past, but i kept coming back to check the forum & login to see if there are any motivation for me to resub.

TBH 4.99 is not expensive, and I am not leaving as some sort of protest (There are huge protest weekly in Hong Kong, I am exhausted, i don't have interest to protest for non-RL matter).

The reason why i am not going to pay for 4.99 or more monthly is becuz I am tz3 player, and the game pop of tz3 is extremely low.
Most of the time there are no action, so i just logout. The time i truly spawn in and enjoy playing is less than 1 hour per month nowaday.

So paying monthly fee is not an opinion for me as i cannot enjoy the game.

Bye hillstorm & axis, love u guys!

They always come back, except when they dont and even then, they come back

2 people like this

15 hours ago, drkmouse said:

forgive a addled mind but  playiing and paying  premium for all those years,  now that i am disabled, and cnaot  afford the full monty, I canot   keep paying at  reduced rate with my old acount for jsut inf and  armor?

Wife and i been trying to find a way to stay in game w/o loosing a house :P  And if i this is so then it feels like a slap in face to a long time  player :(

Cant you just sub your 2nd account (drkeyboard) on the $5 ?

Edited by saintj

2 hours ago, heilmittel said:

Well i disagree with many CRS decision in the past, but i kept coming back to check the forum & login to see if there are any motivation for me to resub.

TBH 4.99 is not expensive, and I am not leaving as some sort of protest (There are huge protest weekly in Hong Kong, I am exhausted, i don't have interest to protest for non-RL matter).

The reason why i am not going to pay for 4.99 or more monthly is becuz I am tz3 player, and the game pop of tz3 is extremely low.
Most of the time there are no action, so i just logout. The time i truly spawn in and enjoy playing is less than 1 hour per month nowaday.

So paying monthly fee is not an opinion for me as i cannot enjoy the game.

Roger that. S! And thank you for playing, we’ll see you when you’re ready to get back in the fight.

1 person likes this

o7 Time to move to other projects..

But CRS needs to address the population issue, last time I log there was like one Defense, no real AO and very few players.. so immediately exit the game.. WW2ol won't attract players if this is what they first see.

I cant say this is bad as using rifle was not engaging enough for me to play WW2ol. So I just came to the forums

Edited by pbveteran

2 hours ago, saintj said:

Cant you just sub your 2nd account (drkeyboard) on the $5 ?

i only have the one acoutn the other is a squad acount.

If i could i would  sub full but atm canot do to a fubar ths iend, amd sad that only new players can use the setup not dedicated long terms players who no longer have  $$ comin gin.

5 hours ago, heilmittel said:

same, check in every 5-7 months. in the month of premium i only find 2-3 good days.

today was one of them, but it's difficult to justify 25$/mo (CAD) for 2-3 days of gameplay and 20 days of sentry duty.

6 hours ago, heilmittel said:

So long heilmittel! I hope if you decide you are missing the game, and TZ3 makes a bit of a comeback, you’ll sub back up and we’ll see you in game again. I know that everyone in feldjager will be glad to see you!

On 28/07/2019 at 8:53 PM, drkmouse said:

i only have the one acoutn the other is a squad acount.

If i could i would  sub full but atm canot do to a fubar ths iend, amd sad that only new players can use the setup not dedicated long terms players who no longer have  $$ comin gin.

Rgr mate, I am sure life will get better soon enough. I just wanted to raise awareness that former players can do the $5 sub by creating a new account.

Also , just to be clear, I am also not subed atm for personal reasons.

I havent had much time at all to play...maybe a few sorties the last two maps or so.  If there was an option to drop down to the starter sub from the premium I would do it until I had time to play.....but from I gather you cant do that so I may just pause my sub for the time being.  When I have popped in not much is happening.  seems the population is stagnant.  Still mulling it over.  Some $$ is better than no money but I guess thats not an option.

Edited by bmw
2 people like this

9 hours ago, bmw said:

I havent had much time at all to play...maybe a few sorties the last two maps or so.  If there was an option to drop down to the starter sub from the premium I would do it until I had time to play.....but from I gather you cant do that so I may just pause my sub for the time being.  When I have popped in not much is happening.  seems the population is stagnant.  Still mulling it over.  Some $$ is better than no money but I guess thats not an option.

Hang in there Bmw, we're going to see some population growth here over the next couple of months as we pull out of a "slower" season and we have some events in planning (one coming this Sunday) to help stimulate concurrent user population in the interim.

I have gone into detail about why certain things are happening and it's all intended for the best health of the game. Now is not the time to get too worried or to bail, it is the time to come together. We're already starting to see some positive trends with new activations and reactivations underway. 

-------------

There is a growing concern that perpetual free play is the end of new lifeblood coming to the game. I can't be anymore clear to say, that is not the case. Our 30 day trial and continuous stream of new folks coming into the game are going to remain, untouched, in terms of flow and consistency. The difference is, as we are intentionally maneuvering to do... is to say this will reach a point where you (the new consumer) is going to have to make a decision to back WWII Online up, or you won't have access.

Just as it is with other services that I outlined in my primary article, perpetual free access for subscription based services (like ours) is very abnormal of a thing. It is imperative to change out the optics from WWII Online being just another game and needing to conform to all this micro-transaction stuff, and recognizing that we are a software/game as a service model.

Population is way down lately.  Nothing everyone doesn’t know.  I was going to ask @XOOM what are the mid- to long- term plans to significantly increase population?  That’s the crux of the matter.

10 hours ago, XOOM said:

Hang in there Bmw, we're going to see some population growth here over the next couple of months as we pull out of a "slower" season and we have some events in planning (one coming this Sunday) to help stimulate concurrent user population in the interim.

I have gone into detail about why certain things are happening and it's all intended for the best health of the game. Now is not the time to get too worried or to bail, it is the time to come together. We're already starting to see some positive trends with new activations and reactivations underway. 

-------------

There is a growing concern that perpetual free play is the end of new lifeblood coming to the game. I can't be anymore clear to say, that is not the case. Our 30 day trial and continuous stream of new folks coming into the game are going to remain, untouched, in terms of flow and consistency. The difference is, as we are intentionally maneuvering to do... is to say this will reach a point where you (the new consumer) is going to have to make a decision to back WWII Online up, or you won't have access.

Just as it is with other services that I outlined in my primary article, perpetual free access for subscription based services (like ours) is very abnormal of a thing. It is imperative to change out the optics from WWII Online being just another game and needing to conform to all this micro-transaction stuff, and recognizing that we are a software/game as a service model.

Ok....Ill hang in there...BUT what GrAnit said:  what are the mid- to long- term plans to significantly increase population?

1 person likes this

My problem is not the premium account value
I always paid 2 bills (one of them HERO)
The problem is CRS's option to follow historical facts for equipment
When I see the spawm list I give up on returning.
I'm a tanker and I won't wait 4 tiers to start playing
tank
As long as it does, my squad friends and I don't come back.
Sry.

S! 

enemytank/kareca

2 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Population is way down lately.  Nothing everyone doesn’t know.  I was going to ask @XOOM what are the mid- to long- term plans to significantly increase population?  That’s the crux of the matter.

We are working on those things. Since my announcement as I mentioned we're seeing some new positive trends subscriber wise. I do not see a drop off in new customers signing up, nor should we expect to. We have implemented a very reasonable step-up ladder for subscriptions and are currently in-process for resetting the tone that we're a game service.

We have events planned and will continue to do that to help stimulate growth and excitement. We'll probably look to do more of them just with a shorter timeline (not weeks, but rather weekends, more frequently, with specific focus and gear availability). We are also working with our CinC's to get HC moving in a direction that fosters more community development and creation of side based operations and squad unity. These are core to the value of WWIIOL and overtime through the brigade system, it eroded quality field leadership and that art of how to do this has been a bit lost - it seems. One great example of successfully getting squads together by a community member is actually @csm308 when he put together the Axis squad alliance. That was good stuff and really should come back, for both sides.

We're going to need the WWII Online community's help with this too, that is encouraging our friends to come back to WWII Online and stick with the game / be apart of the solution. CRS is continuing to develop the game and we're now placing greater emphasis on bug resolution than we have in recent time.

There's no golden bullet here, it's a series of important events, decisions and actions taken by us all that are going to make the difference.

Our commitment remains ever high at CRS. This year for me personally will also see an increase in free time to dedicated to WWIIOL activities as my Son (xoomjr) is starting his first year of school - crazy to think. 

@XOOM

I see many people mention they play 2-3 days and it's not worth paying 15$ per month.. Why don't you try to implement a timer subscription of all access like 0,8$ for 12h of gameplay.

People would charge their accounts for example 48h of gameplay and pay 3$. 

This would be something I would use especially for events or interesting campaigns, I reckon most veterans and busy people would do this as well. If I pay to play I really can't stand this tier model.. I want to be able to use everything.

At least a day selection subscription would be most welcome.