halsey

3 teirs with h81 as the faf main fighter?

21 posts in this topic

The faf has always been the smallest air force, but this is putting the fork in it

brits get their spit 5 before everyone else get its match, then the axis get the 190, the faf gets a big fat f you

HARD MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, undercova said:

Now you know how it is to fly with 109 vs. Spitfire ... in every tier

Not even close. This is like flying 110s against Spitfires ... in every tier

3 hours ago, undercova said:

Now you know how it is to fly with 109 vs. Spitfire ... in every tier

At least your 09 gets upgraded,  the 81 stays the same

Hawk H81A-2   14  13  1.08

Spitfire Mk Ia   51  35  1.46

Dunno, the E4 seems to do OK. 

Edited by Mosizlak

WTF am I reading.. the 81 is a great plane,,,,,,,,,, learn to fly

1 hour ago, Redwing said:

WTF am I reading.. the 81 is a great plane,,,,,,,,,, learn to fly

It's a shame it took this long for this to be posted.  

H81 is the best French fighter prior to the P-38.  The H87 sucks.  

I recall a strangely rewarding sortie where I was battling a 109 of some sort (my recognition sucks) in a H81, on the deck, for lord knows how many agonizing turns and yo-yo’s - and won, to my amazement and relief (I was rusty). It was only upon glancing at the AAR I noticed that it was a G6, and I had been in a H87 <grin>. The guy was no beginner either. If I’d known at the time, I’da been toast. LOL. 

20 hours ago, Capco said:

It's a shame it took this long for this to be posted.  

H81 is the best French fighter prior to the P-38.  The H87 sucks.  

I liked the h87, just have to be very careful managing your energy. It turns into a brick very fast if you're not paying attention. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I liked the h87, just have to be very careful managing your energy. It turns into a brick very fast if you're not paying attention. 

As an energy fighter with a wingman I agree that it's fine if not very effective, but in a 1v1 co-alt duel with just about any 109 or 190 the H87 is at a severe disadvantage.  

50 minutes ago, Capco said:

As an energy fighter with a wingman I agree that it's fine if not very effective, but in a 1v1 co-alt duel with just about any 109 or 190 the H87 is at a severe disadvantage.  

Yeah, but you really shouldnt be flying alone anyway.  Best way to get dead, trust me, I fly my ju87-G2 alone alot and die alot to EA lol

and until the  last  audits on 109's this was what 109's had to deel with all the time. you adapt ;)

as wiht the matties rulling the  ground for  3 tiers the allies have to fly the h87 PFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!

no wins al seriusness,  was ther a dif  early war french fighter? ( just asknig)

5 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

and until the  last  audits on 109's this was what 109's had to deel with all the time. you adapt ;)

as wiht the matties rulling the  ground for  3 tiers the allies have to fly the h87 PFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!

no wins al seriusness,  was ther a dif  early war french fighter? ( just asknig)

Not really, which is the big problem with the French in later tiers.

then they need a lend lease?

Or will you just have to bear it like axis with no scout car with not real gun on it?

I honestly do not know answer, As I have not flown the french stuff :P

One "temp" fix wod be rats to impliment after tier 1? 2/3 air  brit with decrease in french when amercian hit with there air

at SAME time impliment tier 0-2 or 3 2/3 of  groudn units french as they did have the largest early war numbers.

People will fly French in droves once the P-47 and/or P-51 are modeled.  Spitfires might even become a minority.  

23 hours ago, BMBM said:

I recall a strangely rewarding sortie where I was battling a 109 of some sort (my recognition sucks) in a H81, on the deck, for lord knows how many agonizing turns and yo-yo’s - and won, to my amazement and relief (I was rusty). It was only upon glancing at the AAR I noticed that it was a G6, and I had been in a H87 <grin>. The guy was no beginner either. If I’d known at the time, I’da been toast. LOL. 

I missed reading this yesterday.  Honestly, out of all the versions of 109, the G would be the closest match to the H87.  Both are on the heavier side in terms of weight and armament.  I'd still give the edge to the G. 

But yeah, handling that H87 slow on the deck is no small task.  Well done Bmbm.  

On 2019-07-31 at 9:10 PM, Capco said:

People will fly French in droves once the P-47 and/or P-51 are modeled. 

Not so sure about that, since the default practice is yank-bank. P-47 desperately needs believable yaw modelling to execute its best [individual] move (lag roll attack), so until the physics and/or FM engine gets an upgrade it’ll be largely confined to diving and longitudinal combat.

1 person likes this