dfire

Allied Stratty

90 posts in this topic

Every campaign since 1.36 you see 4x as many British frontline towns as French. Just counted a bit ago for example and there's 20 or 21 British frontline towns and 4-5 French frontline towns. Basically the strategy seems to be changing as many frontline towns to British as possible. I noticed it too when I played that side. Most backline reserve towns are then changed to French to "beat" the rule. It seems to happen every campaign now. The most obvious example was 4 or so campaigns ago when all the french factory towns were changed to British owned. It has been going on since 1.36. Axis and Allies both know brit equipment is generally better. (mattys, Sherman fireflys, achilles m10, better semi auto, etc.). I'm not saying this because axis are losing (I also made a post about it as well when axis were on a 4 campaign win streak and when I myself was playing a campaign as allied and losing). Some of the allied hc guys seemed upset that some of their other HC guys were doing this, but it still happens every campaign. If OHM wants it to be like this, then fine, I don't mind, ill live with it and not threaten to unsub like others. I just want him to briefly explain what the rule is or isn't regarding this.

@XOOM @OHM

Edited by dfire

lol, a french factory town should never be allowed to be british.

2 hours ago, delems said:

lol, a french factory town should never be allowed to be british.

That was hilarious. And the equipment immediately filtered in with no delay too if you remember. That part wasn't the allies fault though, was a bug that I THINK is now fixed

Edited by dfire

There might be away around it, not easy way but it's possible

After a few week leave of absence I changed ownership of Liege today from Brit to French all by myself ;)

Just cap the NE ab, and when they recapped ab it went French along with most cps too

The FBs to Verviers and Vise (axis currently) are funneled through NE ab so they must use french equipment now outta Liege haha 

Yea I like being a crafty sob :) 

France was conquered by Germany in 1940. As a result there is no advancement in any of the French weaponry after this, except for what they can get from the Americans. Assuming that they did not get defeated, don’t you think it’s safe to assume advancements would have been made to French tanks, autos, rifles, etc? How can you model what never happened?

you already get the advantage of not having to deal with Russian equipment, stop your crying.

9 minutes ago, kazee said:

There might be away around it, not easy way but it's possible

After a few week leave of absence I changed ownership of Liege today from Brit to French all by myself ;)

Just cap the NE ab, and when they recapped ab it went French along with most cps too

The FBs to Verviers and Vise (axis currently) are funneled through NE ab so they must use french equipment now outta Liege haha 

Yea I like being a crafty sob :) 

@OHM this is obviously a bug/exploit needs fixing

1 hour ago, dfire said:

Every campaign since 1.36 you see 4x as many British frontline towns as French. Just counted a bit ago for example and there's 20 or 21 British frontline towns and 4-5 French frontline towns. Basically the strategy is changing as many frontline towns to British as possible. Most backline reserve towns are then changed to French to "beat" the rule. I mean come on it's so obvious, as it happens every campaign now. The most blatant example was 4 or so campaigns ago when all the French factory towns were changed to British owned  This has been going on since 1.36. Axis and Allies both know brit equipment is generally better. (mattys, Sherman fireflys, achilles m10, better semi auto, etc.). I'm not saying this because axis are losing (I also made a post about it as well when axis were on a 4 campaign win streak). Some of the allied hc guys seemed upset that some of their other HC guys were doing this, but it still happens every campaign. 

@XOOM @OHM

This is obvious hyperbole. British frontline towns have in general hovered around 30%. I can assure while I generally prefer Brit gear, others prefer French. There is a conscious effort by most HC to not over change to Brit towns. In fact most towns captured are left in their natural captured state.

1 hour ago, nc0gnet0 said:

France was conquered by Germany in 1940. As a result there is no advancement in any of the French weaponry after this, except for what they can get from the Americans. Assuming that they did not get defeated, don’t you think it’s safe to assume advancements would have been made to French tanks, autos, rifles, etc? How can you model what never happened?

you already get the advantage of not having to deal with Russian equipment, stop your crying.

You don't have to deal with Panthers, stg44s, Tiger2s, jagdpanthers, pak43, etc. So stop your crying. Two can play this game. On top of that, I play both sides different campaigns, just Axis a bit more. Your comments are beside the whole point of the post anyways. 

I had no idea who you are so I looked you up...

276-40 against you LMAO!! (Here comes the typical innacurate"well you probably dont play the objective" response)

Pics-Art-07-28-12-30-26.png

Edited by dfire

*** @OHM this is obviously a bug/exploit needs fixing

Exactly, 80% of the towns are not supposed to be brit.

*** British frontline towns have in general hovered around 30%

You must have flunked math, town percent has never been 30% brit since 1.36 arrived.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

@delems

You're a good one to comment on maths, i recall many threads where your astounding abilities in that area shine.

There is NO hard rule on Brit town ownership, it seems at this moment in time frontline Britishness is high, so be it. 

Edited by goreblimey

43 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

@OHM this is obviously a bug/exploit needs fixing

hahah

Edited by kazee

4 minutes ago, kazee said:

hahah

What You think the enemy should have the right/ability to determine what a garrisons nationality is?

For me it's not so much about what faction I fight as it is the intention of it. I dont mind if it's an accident or just a coincidence or something that just got overlooked, but when it starts happening everytime and when factory towns start switching factions I just want to make sure everything's kosher

Edited by dfire

6 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

What You think the enemy should have the right/ability to determine what a garrisons nationality is?

Its 2019, we can't assume nationalitys or genders anymore.

Instead of axis vs allied, we should just get rid of all flags and make it those people vs those people. Anything else is clear discrimination

Edited by dfire
3 people like this

34 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

I find it funny you are asking him less than 6 hours after I did it haha. It actually was not my intention but after capping cps for awhile i thought about it and it worked....plus i find it funny cause it obviously pi$$ed some of u guys off

After all the treats they have giving u guys over the past year I am sure he will fix it before the issue i raised about the Italian smgs 3 days ago

If anything is an exploit its the gift they gave u guys having the ability to change in the first place. If you attack from a french owned town and cap a town, it should be french...this changing ownership stuff is bs

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, kazee said:

I find it funny you are asking him less than 6 hours after I did it haha. It actually was not my intention but after capping cps for awhile i thought about it and it worked....plus i find it funny cause it obviously pi$$ed some of u guys off

After all the treats they have giving u guys over the past year I am sure he will fix it before the issue i raised about the Italian smgs 3 days ago

If anything is an exploit its the gift they gave u guys having the ability to change in the first place. If you attack from a french owned town and cap a town, it should be french...this changing ownership stuff is bs

You can blame me directly, I pushed for this.

What happened was cheezy azz caps like that to turn countries the 'wrong' way to absolutely screw up any overstocking and this feature was a key element, to make sure it couldn't be done to the Allies again.

But it was with the understanding that it wouldn't be abused.

Which it is.

Because of the unequal spawnlists.

Xoom mentioned that if this got abused they WOULD put in some sort of limits, but didn't, I guess with some understanding that this would be handled as gentlemen.

Well, we know the history of that.

Keep it up Allies, and the rulescoding IMO WILL commence.

However, from my perspective, the problem is not the country selection or gaming it, but the fact the BEF spawnlists are more desirable in both firepower AND player 'comfort' in playing Brit (there are a lot of players who just don't want to be in French uniforms, even if the equipment is Framerican).  It's why I fought so hard to get Brit ratios back to 33% during the ToE era, when 50% of your playerbase wants to play with 25% of the supply and it's not in most AOs, that causes problems and people fading off.  RAF is worse, 85% of Allied pilots want 50% of the supply.

Well now the limits are off the BEF count and we can see the obvious preference AND the draw that much BEF play brings the Allies.

So that's going to continue as long as we have long term Allied players in game, but the key part is NOT the country selection, which is needed long as overstocking is a thing, but that the BEF T0-2 spawnlists are that much more desirable.

So fix the lists and we'll see more balanced town ownerships, or even pockets of 'mixed' countries (like we did to get Stus and Shermans in the north during the pre-ToE days).

Edited by Kilemall
1 person likes this

There is no portion of the Allied strategy in regards to switching town ownership to the Brits.  I'm looking at the webmap, and I'm not seeing the '80+% British towns deal folks are referring to.  Perhaps it has changed in the past few hours. 

Goreblimey is correct in saying that most towns are not switched, i.e. whichever country's forces gets credit for taking the town, we leave it that way, most of the time.  We do have a tendency, (currently) to exploit battlefield success by continuing to hit in the same general area, which sometimes ends up showing a short term higher percentage of UK (and at other times, French) frontline towns. 

At any rate, I would like to assure @dfire and others worried that AHC is seeking to abuse the rules (spoken and/or unspoken), that we are not doing so.  AHC during my term as CinC will continue to be dedicated to beating the german side so bad that they might think they've been cheated, but we will not ever cheat to win, period.  I want to win as much if not more than the next guy, but winning a battle, or a campaign, is not worth sacrificing my honor.  A marriage or 2 maybe, but not my honor. ;) 

I will also reiterate that point in the AHC area, in case someone hasn't gotten the message yet.

S!

2 hours ago, dfire said:

I had no idea who you are so I looked you up...

276-40 against you LMAO!! (Here comes the typical innacurate"well you probably dont play the objective" response)

@dfire you are seeing that because of your dedication to defending FBs colliding head-on with Nc0gnet0's dedication to taking them down.  For the record, you are both really good players, and if/when you come back to the Allied side, will be fast friends.  Of that I have no doubt.

S!

1 person likes this

Doesnt this strategy prevent overstock options with diff countries front and reserve?

1 person likes this

noob cakes galore all over this thread, oh look a Brit flag over town, but wait, they using french equipment, I'm so confused...

7 hours ago, dfire said:

Instead of axis vs allied, we should just get rid of all flags and make it those people vs those people. Anything else is clear discrimination

Hah, every time I see  an us american uniform, US vs. THEM comes to my mind. Unfortunately I haven't found an uniform with a THEM sign yet.

They aren't wrong, actually.

Just looking at the map makes it seem relatively normal in terms of flags, but if you zoom in and look at the frontline towns, only 5-6 are french. Even WAY down in the south, the frontline towns are British with French flags behind them.

That said, if there is no rule about this - what's the problem? Matties?

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

They aren't wrong, actually.

Just looking at the map makes it seem relatively normal in terms of flags, but if you zoom in and look at the frontline towns, only 5-6 are french. Even WAY down in the south, the frontline towns are British with French flags behind them.

That said, if there is no rule about this - what's the problem? Matties?

French gear in certain tiers is not upto the task of our brit counterparts....flip side to this is last few axis wins were largely made in the south against frenchies

It only makes sense to have more UK flags as the war rages on to be more true to life  , we do ask the Allies not over do it with to many UK flags on the map.  We do have a lot of players that like to use that equipment. 

2 people like this

So it is planned to overwhelm with mattys with the only offset to that a sapper?  The panzer at most stages do not match and the 88 is of little to no use in the game currently.  Seems like a strange balance strategy.