• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
dfire

Allied Stratty

90 posts in this topic

Just checked the web map:  ten French frontline towns, 24 UK frontline towns.  70& UK towns on the frontline.

So, Augetot, you say you're not overdoing it?  Apparently your officers are not listening to you.  If OHM is any indication, the Rats aren't going to do squat about this deliberate abuse. 

Do something before the Rats have to intervene.  Its quite easy to see where the deliberate abuse is taking place.  A line of UK towns backstopped by a sea of Tricolors.

VR

30 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

French gear in certain tiers is not upto the task of our brit counterparts....flip side to this is last few axis wins were largely made in the south against frenchies

Everyone has known this for years, drive hard as Brits in early tiers when you can, absorb losses in French sector, then when the French go full Framerican the offense and preference is for French.  Later, it's the American brigades that got the love.

The new town paradigm without the 33% brigade limit unhinged that equation..

34 minutes ago, OHM said:

It only makes sense to have more UK flags as the war rages on to be more true to life  , we do ask the Allies not over do it with to many UK flags on the map.  We do have a lot of players that like to use that equipment. 

No not more true to life.  I don't know where you get that idea, other then the surrender, which presumably is not a foregone conclusion in this game.  The French Army was several times bigger then the BEF. 

I suggest you acquaint yourself with the actual ToE.

http://france1940.free.fr/oob/oob.html

Nobody has answered to what the problem is - one complaint about sappers vs matty and a bunch of generalized complaining for the sake of complaining.

10 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Just checked the web map:  ten French frontline towns, 24 UK frontline towns.  70& UK towns on the frontline.

So, Augetot, you say you're not overdoing it?  Apparently your officers are not listening to you.  If OHM is any indication, the Rats aren't going to do squat about this deliberate abuse. 

Do something before the Rats have to intervene.  Its quite easy to see where the deliberate abuse is taking place.  A line of UK towns backstopped by a sea of Tricolors.

VR

Quick glamce at webmap. Your french count looks spot on ... but it seems your UK count a bit high. Are you sure you didnt count UK towns twice if they connected to multiple German towns?

Just now, ch0ad said:

Quick glamce at webmap. Your french count looks spot on ... but it seems your UK count a bit high. Are you sure you didnt count UK towns twice if they connected to multiple German towns?

Could be one or two off.  It was a quick count, but not enough to change the overall percentage that much.  Its still bloated UK.  Made more obvious by the snakes of UK towns backstopped by swathes of Tricolors.

VR

8 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Nobody has answered to what the problem is - one complaint about sappers vs matty and a bunch of generalized complaining for the sake of complaining.

Uhm Idk ? GIF - Confused Idk What GIFs

There's always that one guy...………………………don't be that guy.

VR

2 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Uhm Idk ? GIF - Confused Idk What GIFs

I had you pegged as a bitter old man, I had no idea you were so adorable!

But I guess that means you have no substantive complaint either. I'm sure we're all surprised.

Edited by Randazzo
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Could be one or two off.  It was a quick count, but not enough to change the overall percentage that much.  Its still bloated UK.  Made more obvious by the snakes of UK towns backstopped by swathes of Tricolors.

VR

Yeah i got closer to 18 vs. 11 for what its worth ...  so closer to 60/40 split. Probably not enough to change your argument though. To be clear, what is viewed as the acceptable distribution?

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

I had you pegged as a bitter old man, I had no idea you were so adorable!

But I guess that means you have no substantive complaint either.

Don't be that guy Randazzo.  Augetot can see it, but apparently you can't.

VR

3 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Don't be that guy Randazzo.  Augetot can see it, but apparently you can't.

VR

6 hours ago, Augetout said:

I'm looking at the webmap, and I'm not seeing the '80+% British towns deal folks are referring to.  Perhaps it has changed in the past few hours.

4 minutes ago, ch0ad said:

Yeah i got closer to 18 vs. 11 for what its worth ...  so closer to 60/40 split.

I see just fine.

8 minutes ago, ch0ad said:

Yeah i got closer to 18 vs. 11 for what its worth ...  so closer to 60/40 split. Probably not enough to change your argument though. To be clear, what is viewed as the acceptable distribution?

I'm not going to cut my own throat by giving the Allies any room for maneuver.  Only a fool would advise the Allies how much they can deliberately abuse a made up capability.  I'll let Augetot's honor determine what is right.

What I will say is that anytime you have a frontline town that is one nation and its backstopped by a sea of towns of another nation, it is obvious what is going on.

VR

*** To be clear, what is viewed as the acceptable distribution?

There should always have to be more french than brit towns that are front line.

So, basically just shy  50/50.

*** Nobody has answered to what the problem is

Because the spawn lists are borked. (in brit foremost)

This has been .bugged, .reported, posted and chatted to with rats in game... for weeks.

Yet nothing gets done, that is the problem. (1 correction has occurred, but many still not done)

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Well if allied hc is manipulating things to put more UK than French towns as frontline then i wish they would stop.  There is no real advantage to this and in some ways it hurts the allied cause. The French SMG is more accurate and has greater range than the thompson and the French have a semi-auto rifle.   I would argue that more brit than french frontline is advantage axis.

When axis are rolling they attack french gear...there is a flipside to your argument in regards to “borked” spawnlists...the frenchies could be beefed up if brits are in any way reduced or nerfed

1 person likes this

Apparently between the time I posted this and some of the replies saying its only 60/40 brit, some towns have been switched to french. I figured that might happen so I took screenshots of the map right before I made the post. I will compare that to now (excluding any towns allies have taken since to give them the benefit of the doubt)

2 minutes ago, dfire said:

Apparently between the time I posted this and some of the replies saying its only 60/40 brit, some towns have been switched to french. I figured that might happen so I took screenshots of the map right before I made the post. I will compare that to now (excluding any towns allies have taken since to give them the benefit of the doubt)

Noticed that mahself.  Apparently getting caught red-handed with your paws in the cookie jar will do that.

VR

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Noticed that mahself.  Apparently getting caught red-handed with your paws in the cookie jar will do that.

VR

Fresnes, verdun, habay, and neider were the 4 FR frontline towns at the inception of this thread.

It is now

FR - 9

Neider, vise, sprimont, habay, virton, montmedy, verdun, fresnes, and arlon ( interestingly 5 of these are either backed by british towns or have british TOE flags in them)

Uk - 18

Consenvoye, herbeu, bievre, libin, roche, ciney, ramet, liege, tongered, bilzen,elsoo, sittard, heinsburg, nettetal, krefeld, oberhausen, dinslaken, rheinburg

I think 2:1 brit to French ratio is better than 4 or 5 : 1 so i'll take it. As ohm said, he just wants allied to not overdue it. This is a subjective term, but i'll roll with it and hope ahc advise by that advice from ohm

Edited by dfire

1 hour ago, dfire said:

Fresnes, verdun, habay, and neider were the 4 FR frontline towns at the inception of this thread.

It is now

FR - 9

Neider, vise, sprimont, habay, virton, montmedy, verdun, fresnes, and arlon ( interestingly 5 of these are either backed by british towns or have british TOE flags in them)

Uk - 18

Consenvoye, herbeu, bievre, libin, roche, ciney, ramet, liege, tongered, bilzen,elsoo, sittard, heinsburg, nettetal, krefeld, oberhausen, dinslaken, rheinburg

I think 2:1 brit to French ratio is better than 4 or 5 : 1 so i'll take it. As ohm said, he just wants allied to not overdue it. This is a subjective term, but i'll roll with it and hope ahc advise by that advice from ohm

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.  Its not a mistake that virtually all of the frontline towns on the approaches to our factories in the north are currently UK towns.  Then you look behind those UK frontline towns to a sea of Tricolor towns.  Geez, wonder what happened there?  Then you have to ask yourself if the British war production at the time could actually support an army as big as the one currently in game AND fulfill all of their overseas empire defense requirements and go huh?  Methinks 2:1 is being way too generous.

Bottom line is if the Rats count on the Allies to adhere to a gentlemen's agreement, we all know what happens with that.  This new rule of converting towns WILL be abused.  Not maybe abused, WILL be abused.  Metaphysical certitude.

VR

59 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.  Its not a mistake that virtually all of the frontline towns on the approaches to our factories in the north are currently UK towns.  Then you look behind those UK frontline towns to a sea of Tricolor towns.  Geez, wonder what happened there?  Then you have to ask yourself if the British war production at the time could actually support an army as big as the one currently in game AND fulfill all of their overseas empire defense requirements and go huh?  Methinks 2:1 is being way too generous.

Bottom line is if the Rats count on the Allies to adhere to a gentlemen's agreement, we all know what happens with that.  This new rule of converting towns WILL be abused.  Not maybe abused, WILL be abused.  Metaphysical certitude.

VR

Oh yes please let's open the "war production" can of worms now that the US is in game.

Please do it.

1 minute ago, Randazzo said:

Oh yes please let's open the "war production" can of worms now that the US is in game.

Please do it.

You'll say anything to distract from the deliberate abuse your side was engaging in.

VR

Just now, csm308 said:

You'll say anything to distract from the deliberate abuse your side was engaging in.

VR

You do realize -you- said it? 

Of course you don't.

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

You do realize -you- said it? 

Of course you don't.

Deflection from the deliberate abuse being carried out by your AHC.

VR

3 hours ago, Jsilec said:

When axis are rolling they attack french gear...there is a flipside to your argument in regards to “borked” spawnlists...the frenchies could be beefed up if brits are in any way reduced or nerfed

Balanced lists all the way around, every country, every tier.

May be a bridge too far for this crew's philosophy.