Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tr6al

Para planes being able to drop resupply boxes

14 posts in this topic

This way a para jump could be resupplied with ammo and more covert missions could be set up . Supply boxes dropped with parachute and get dropped by pilot in flight or when on ground

5 people like this

Caveat,  make it universal, often the supplies dropped weren't close to whom they were intended for and fell into enemy hands. 

So if a plane drops an Ammo Cache make it usable by either side.  Perhaps a shorter life expectancy  than that of the standard  Ammo Cache?

Edited by downtown

Wouldn't it just be easier to allow Paratroop MLs to set up ammo boxes like NCOs?

On 2019-08-05 at 7:42 AM, downtown said:

Caveat,  make it universal, often the supplies dropped weren't close to whom they were intended for and fell into enemy hands. 

So if a plane drops an Ammo Cache make it usable by either side.  Perhaps a shorter life expectancy  than that of the standard  Ammo Cache?

true, but i don't think allied and axis ammo were really compatible.

1 person likes this

I think Quin's right, a Paratrooper NCO would be easier to implement, since all the existing technology is already in game. But it sure would be cool as hell to be able to drop ammo to waiting friendly tanks/boots

I would imagine it would also be very easy to implement .

Could be use as a distraction as defenders would think it's paras , not supplies .

Edited by tr6al

They should do this only after on-sides rules for all MSP deployments.

Wouldn't it just be easier to allow Paratroop MLs to set up ammo boxes like NCOs?

agree with that, until then just take an nco with ya and plane land somewhere ahead of time or after para drop.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, tater said:

They should do this only after on-sides rules for all MSP deployments.

Actually the exact opposite- para supply boxes should be the ONLY ones that can be set behind the lines.

I'd do canisters, they drop where they drop and land where they land, visible coming down so any enemy observers know where it went, able to resup any infantry but not not tanks, and has number of resups/time limit less then truck borne supply boxes.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Actually the exact opposite- para supply boxes should be the ONLY ones that can be set behind the lines.

Huh? Didn't I literally say the same thing?

All MSP objects should have on-sides deployments, THEN para resupply boxes can be dropped anywhere. Ammo boxes are not MSPs. So all MSPs would be "on-sides," and paras can drop anywhere, along with their ammo.

I had not even considered the extant ammo boxes, but I would agree that they should probably follow the same rules as Mobile Spawn Points (except the para variety as you say).

Edited by tater

On 8/5/2019 at 7:42 AM, downtown said:

8 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I'd do canisters, they drop where they drop and land where they land, visible coming down so any enemy observers know where it went, able to resup any infantry but not not tanks, and has number of resups/time limit less then truck borne supply boxes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0