enabore03

Players deleting my FMS

29 posts in this topic

I am tired of players taking lead then deleting my FMS. I will often set up a dfms in a flanking position before an attack starts. I usually spawn a atg and wait for the enemy to come. Sometimes I go AFK while I do a few chores then check back once in a while. However, other players make the decision that they don't like where my fms is so they take lead then delete my FMS. Why pay to play a game where someone has the ability to wipe out my efforts because they don't like how I play. I already cancelled my basic sub over this issue. 

This kind of behaviours are unacceptable.  Luckily for them they never did that to me. On behalf of these morons, I am very sad this happened to you and I apologize for their stupidity. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, enabore03 said:

I am tired of players taking lead then deleting my FMS. I will often set up a dfms in a flanking position before an attack starts. I usually spawn a atg and wait for the enemy to come. Sometimes I go AFK while I do a few chores then check back once in a while. However, other players make the decision that they don't like where my fms is so they take lead then delete my FMS. Why pay to play a game where someone has the ability to wipe out my efforts because they don't like how I play. I already cancelled my basic sub over this issue. 

I am quite certain there's a temporary period where you can type: .takelead , and recover control of your mission. The .takelead command is not often used, when it is I've seen it used with purpose (such as the mission leader going away from keyboard / being unresponsive). That sounds like abuse in your case unfortunately.

I would encourage you to reconsider and try the .takelead command to get your mission back, and use the .report system in-game for who ever took your mission and shut it down. Our Game Moderation team will not tolerate the abuse of that command.

Stick with us @enabore03. S! 

I did take lead back but it was too late, fms was already deleted. This isn't the first time this has happened and the ms is never camped when it does. I often go afk for a few minutes, I still see no reason for someone to use that as an excuse to delete my ms. Sometimes I drive quite far to set up a flanking fms. I have found that the player base in this game is hyper competitive and constantly complain and tell others what to do, not realizing that some players may have a more relaxed approach.  These types of players may be what drives casual gamers from wwiionline.

I have done that on occasion when the FMS is camped and the call to the mission leader goes unheeded.  I always try to reach the ML several times and then take lead.  If they are on, I usually know it pretty quickly.  If they are not then the situation needs rectifying.

The last time was a few days ago when the FMS was on the road to the attacking fire base (!) and we lost about 12-15 troops over a 5 min period.  Nothing worse to spawn at an FMS and instantly die, especially for new players.

Other than camped FMS, others should not take lead and delete the FMS.

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

Pisses me off constantly, ppl takelead and delete it and leave happens now and again or somebody grabs a truck and goes an moves it.

One person first time said ( why is fru here ? i dont like it. ) took lead deleted it and left 30 min or less later he was on the other side, it was a mission to bust there fb.

It gets done completely intentional by some players and its BS

S!

A couple campaigns ago a vet (I forget his name, haven't seen him on in awhile... I would know if I saw it) had an fms camped by 3 ets and ei for 5-6 minutes and we were losing a ton of people so I took the lead and deleted it after unsuccessfully messaging him twice to please remove it. No reply from him afterwards.

A half hour later, I drove to setup a dfms at a town the allies were starting to attack from the next closest behind lines town which was an easy 15-20 min drive away (was Gembloux to nivelles I think). I spawned in and walked 10 feet from the fms, no allied around, and the guy who'se FMS I pulled that was camped took my mission and deleted mine. I was raging so I reported him and luckily KMS was on and he was also pissed that the guy did that and warned/kicked him from. I wish I could remember the guys name so others can beware

Edited by dfire

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

I am quite certain there's a temporary period where you can type: .takelead , and recover control of your mission. The .takelead command is not often used, when it is I've seen it used with purpose (such as the mission leader going away from keyboard / being unresponsive). That sounds like abuse in your case unfortunately.

I would encourage you to reconsider and try the .takelead command to get your mission back, and use the .report system in-game for who ever took your mission and shut it down. Our Game Moderation team will not tolerate the abuse of that command.

Stick with us @enabore03. S! 

What is missing is the ability to block spawn in FMS.
Without having to delete.

Just now, enemytank said:

Not a bad idea, that would definitely help a mission leader. It'd be essentially "lock" his mission, etc.

57 minutes ago, enabore03 said:

I did take lead back but it was too late, fms was already deleted. This isn't the first time this has happened and the ms is never camped when it does. I often go afk for a few minutes, I still see no reason for someone to use that as an excuse to delete my ms. Sometimes I drive quite far to set up a flanking fms. I have found that the player base in this game is hyper competitive and constantly complain and tell others what to do, not realizing that some players may have a more relaxed approach.  These types of players may be what drives casual gamers from wwiionline.

When I run FMS I often run 'deep' FMS like you do.  To my mind it's not relaxed positioning, but as you say a flanking position to control ground for the close approach.  They also last a LOT longer, especially with live defenses, and may survive long enough for armor to come up for mutual support.

I have gotten a LOT of vicious commentary doing that, instant action guys want instant action and actually get miffed you might not be 300m from a target, heaven forbid they should advance and build situational awareness, catch enemy ATGs/EFMS, sap errant tanks that wander too far out etc.. 

I've had a few try and takelead, I usually take it back immediately and then I get more invective about how stupid I am.  However, this was more in the EFRU days where they would walk an inf up to their preferred range and set closer, at least that sort of made sense.  Deleting nowadays doesn't as they are going to have to drive a truck out to set one closer anyway, just make another mission and show us how it is done.  This sounds more like petulant 'set it closer' man-children deleting to punish.

Can't do anything about those but stay on to takelead em back, but if it's more of a misunderstanding, I usually find it's best to explain what this FMS is doing out in the middle of nowhere via .orders, that way they can look and read before they spawn and perhaps not pitch a delete fit.

Edited by Kilemall

1 minute ago, enemytank said:

I likee.  Fits the bill.  Could also help those squads that are always complaining about early/badly behaving spawners ruining the secret squirrel mission, lock it until you are ready, bam spawn in, lock it back up.

6 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Not a bad idea, that would definitely help a mission leader. It'd be essentially "lock" his mission, etc.

and would add an IF THEN:

IF fms blocked for spawn THEN
    takelead = FALSE
ENDIF

lol.

S!

*** What is missing is the ability to block spawn in FMS.

Been saying this for ages.

ML should have the ability to disable MS, disable mission and kick player (from mission).

This way ML can set MS right next to AO w/o setting off EWS, disable MS, and not fear someone will randomly spawn in and ruin attack setup.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Not saying this is the case with OP, but a derelict/unresponsive ML is precisely what the .takelead command is for.  I took lead from a nonresponsive ML during the WBS campaign - XOOM himself took a mission from me after I set up a bunch of nice waypoints for it but I think it's just because my mission was so awesome and he wanted the credit for it.  :D

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Not saying this is the case with OP, but a derelict/unresponsive ML is precisely what the .takelead command is for.  I took lead from a nonresponsive ML during the WBS campaign - XOOM himself took a mission from me after I set up a bunch of nice waypoints for it but I think it's just because my mission was so awesome and he wanted the credit for it.  :D

Randazzo knows how to setup a good mission, that's all I am saying. :P 

2 hours ago, enemytank said:

This has been brought up several times in the past with squads wanting to do squad-op missions but CRS didn't want to limit new players spawning and "exclude" them. It seems like @XOOM has changed his mind though

Edited by dfire

3 hours ago, dfire said:

This has been brought up several times in the past with squads wanting to do squad-op missions but CRS didn't want to limit new players spawning and "exclude" them. It seems like @XOOM has changed his mind though

I would hope we would NOT do the squad-only one, the difference to my mind here is that the ML can use this for benefit of squaddies or for everyone, if he turns it loose it's game on without locking off non-squaddies.

12 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I would hope we would NOT do the squad-only one, the difference to my mind here is that the ML can use this for benefit of squaddies or for everyone, if he turns it loose it's game on without locking off non-squaddies.

I'm definitely not in favor of Squad only missions (to come back exactly as they were) due to the inclusiveness referenced above. I am very interested in providing ways for mission leaders to better manage who is on their mission / accessibility. Key difference: Including non-Squaddies.

Ohhhh that happened to me too. Had a DFMS set up on a hill perfect flank , with 2 EFMS within 2 or 3 min down hill and also perfect flank for all the Allied Tanks ( was tier0) besides the Matilda. 

When a guy jumped on my mission , pissed and moaned that I had a FMS on a hill just outside of town and that we need every soldier in town . Took mission over and before I could type / take lead he deleted my DFMS .  10 min later we lost the town cause besides the Matilda a poo load of A13 came in and INF was still spawning from said 2 EFMS. 

Enemy had no clue I had that DFMS on hill and it could have stopped the attack and the loss of the town. This happened a few campaigns ago.

If ML is AFK and FMS is camped then yes it's legit to take lead and delete it. But if it's out there with no enemy around , no one has the right to just delete it cause they don't like it.

Maybe install a countdown timer. When a player wants to take lead over a mission the ML gets a 15 second window , so and so wants to take lead  Allow Yes/No. No response from the ML will be an automatic transfer.

Also the lock option is a idea 

Cause in my eyes one takes lead , one can delete a FMS faster then another can type take lead back.

Just a heads up, I didn't see anywhere in the OP's post that stated it was his mission to start with. Might want to confirm that ;)  For all we know he could be spawning into someone else's mission at a city AB, setting a fms, and next thing you know half the people are spawning in out in the middle of nowhere (because most still don't know how to "uncheck" the box. 

As others have pointed out, an unresponsive ML and camped FMS is a perfect reason to delete a fms that is not yours.

There are also times I have seen the best intentioned defensive FMS placed, but an inappropriate amount of man-power is diverted to this FMS, and not enough people are spawning into the AB (or depot) to defend. This is kinda a grey area, it shouldn't be necessary to delete it, but I can see where the OIC might think it prudent to do so. While I am against squad only types of FMS, I think the mission leader should have the ability to set a maximum amount of people allowed to spawn from that fms at anyone time. I also think a certain level of rank should be needed to be able to spawn into any fms. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to get the greenest of greentags to stop spawning in, throwing smoke, and shooting anything that moves. 

1 person likes this

Count down timer sounds good i know due to lack of use on one hand i have hard time chatting quickly and typing commands, also something to keep other ppl from setting new MS without saying anything.

Completely agree with XOOM's point if you had squad only ability players not in a squad and new would all be walking to battle or walking out of the game.

17 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

he said his mision was taken from him so yes it was his.

" I am tired of players taking lead then deleting my FMS. I will often set up a dfms in a flanking position before an attack starts. I usually spawn a atg and wait for the enemy to come. Sometimes I go AFK while I do a few chores then check back once in a while. However, other players make the decision that they don't like where my fms is so they take lead then delete my FMS. Why pay to play a game where someone has the ability to wipe out my efforts because they don't like how I play. I already cancelled my basic sub over this issue.  "

Not really. But they very well could be his missions. Dunno. It's not something I see happen often, unless the fms is camped. 

I don't recall it ever happening to me. Certainly anyone doing it would be off my Christmas list.

I'll resuggest something , Orders should be visible from the active missions list, not after you have joined the mission. This would save a lot of [censored]ing around.

1 person likes this

i have on a few times ( when i was playing i ran back tonw fms'  to any def thta woudl need extra supply  after a 20 min drive once,  a  plyaer popped on and delleted it then pooped offf.  :( need lees to say we  lost town ( i was  in town  trying to cap so did not see it till too late.