• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
enabore03

Players deleting my FMS

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, goreblimey said:

I don't recall it ever happening to me. Certainly anyone doing it would be off my Christmas list.

I'll resuggest something , Orders should be visible from the active missions list, not after you have joined the mission. This would save a lot of [censored]ing around.

I like that idea and thought of it many times.  When a fms is way out of town for something and you spawn in.  Then realize you have to despawn and respawn. I like that.  

1 person likes this

I was just in a town where the MSPs were both camped (I only saw the one, and spawned from 2 missions in the same place (?). And the leader was afk.

Dozens and dozens of units were burned because the MSP was camped. I busted an FB (with a few ammo resupplies), came back, still camped.

If a certain number of players get killed near an MSP it should disappear on its own, screw having to "blow" it. If a single rifle even kills 10 units within 10 meters (whatever), the MSP should blow.

13 minutes ago, tater said:

I was just in a town where the MSPs were both camped (I only saw the one, and spawned from 2 missions in the same place (?). And the leader was afk.

Dozens and dozens of units were burned because the MSP was camped. I busted an FB (with a few ammo resupplies), came back, still camped.

If a certain number of players get killed near an MSP it should disappear on its own, screw having to "blow" it. If a single rifle even kills 10 units within 10 meters (whatever), the MSP should blow.

Close in FMS i understand, those will get camped pretty quickly and thoroughly and yes yank that FMS if it can't be rescued.  But 1K+ FMS take a LOT longer to camp and if you clear them it can be quite a while before they are back, so I remain sympathetic to the OP's complaint.

Now if the OP is away and the FMS is blown, well that's another matter.  The lock would help with him not inadvertently creating an attrition trap, or limit the impulse to takelead/delete, but won't protect against enemy action when the attrition isn't happening and they are wasting time watching a stale FMS.  THAT, the OP has to live with as a price of his 'style'.

Or since they are redoing the UI anyway, mark the deaths at the MSP in the last 2 minutes or something. If you see a huge number of deaths, spawn elsewhere.

Edited by tater