• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Augetout

Follow the WW2Online Facebook page

8 posts in this topic

Activity breeds activity.   Want more players to pay attention to our game?  Create activity.  Following worldwar2online on facebook is a simple, easy way to create some activity.  The more people who see ww2online posts on facebook, the more people will be likely to try the game, or return to the game, as the case may be.

For extra activity, react to the ww2online facebook posts occasionally.  Activity breeds activity, and the more people who conclude that the game is active, the more people will seek to be a part of it.

Be proud of this community, and this game.  Right now, all we're lacking is SOME of the folks who left the game back when gameplay was far less engaging, and when there were far less weapon systems to use.  1.36 has helped cause some HUGE battles in-game----imagine how much larger (and FUN) they would be if we simply had more troops in-game.

More players also equals a faster development track, which equals quicker improvements to gameplay issues, quicker access to new toys, etc

S!

4 people like this

We also have a Reddit page (r/battlegroundeurope), where you can admire Propa's editing skills and my low-effort memes.

15 hours ago, Augetout said:

Activity breeds activity.   Want more players to pay attention to our game?  Create activity.  Following worldwar2online on facebook is a simple, easy way to create some activity.  The more people who see ww2online posts on facebook, the more people will be likely to try the game, or return to the game, as the case may be.

For extra activity, react to the ww2online facebook posts occasionally.  Activity breeds activity, and the more people who conclude that the game is active, the more people will seek to be a part of it.

Be proud of this community, and this game.  Right now, all we're lacking is SOME of the folks who left the game back when gameplay was far less engaging, and when there were far less weapon systems to use.  1.36 has helped cause some HUGE battles in-game----imagine how much larger (and FUN) they would be if we simply had more troops in-game.

More players also equals a faster development track, which equals quicker improvements to gameplay issues, quicker access to new toys, etc

S!

Not sure where these HUGE battles are, it is almost midday in Euro TZ on a Sunday, and last I checked we had 3 active axis players spawned in, and 2 of them were in tigers.

I doubt that any amount of Facebook posts can ever undo the damage caused by "Hardest Campaign Ever" spawn lists. The thousands of allied players we were promised would resub once the "rambo" LMG was fixed never showed up, instead axis inf unsubbed following the axis tankers out the door. 1.36 brought some players back for sure, but the end of WBS saw most of them depart - since 1.36 spawn lists bear no resemblance to "The Hardest Campaign Ever" BS we went through can anyone explain why we had to suffer them in the first place, and why they were not done away with immediately?

Those spawnlists were just sustained self harm for the game, and sadly I do not think we shall ever recover from it.

S! ian 

PS Already following worldwar2online on facebook

14 hours ago, ian77 said:

Not sure where these HUGE battles are, it is almost midday in Euro TZ on a Sunday, and last I checked we had 3 active axis players spawned in, and 2 of them were in tigers.

I doubt that any amount of Facebook posts can ever undo the damage caused by "Hardest Campaign Ever" spawn lists. The thousands of allied players we were promised would resub once the "rambo" LMG was fixed never showed up, instead axis inf unsubbed following the axis tankers out the door. 1.36 brought some players back for sure, but the end of WBS saw most of them depart - since 1.36 spawn lists bear no resemblance to "The Hardest Campaign Ever" BS we went through can anyone explain why we had to suffer them in the first place, and why they were not done away with immediately?

Those spawnlists were just sustained self harm for the game, and sadly I do not think we shall ever recover from it.

S! ian 

i agree...

augetout next caps lol

15 hours ago, ian77 said:

S! ian 

Your attempt to hijack this thread is duly noted, ian77.  :)  I'm not sure judging a campaign a few hours after the campaign was finished is the best time to decide whether or not 'huge battles' are happening. 

Having said that, I logged in at circa 9pm my time (11pm server time) last night, and there was a german attack that had double EI EWS, double armor EWS, and as a bonus the sky was literally filled with Stukas, He111s, and 109s (or 190s, was busy on the ground).  The attack lasted for 2 hours after I logged in before we (the Allies) were finally able to lib the town and get the offending FB under control.  It might not have turned out that way for the Allies, had not axis troops decided not to guard the FB, or spawnable they had captured. 

It was a fun battle full of tank on tank, air on (our) tanks, Inf vs Inf, ATGs, AAA guns.  Other than naval units, it was pretty much the entire game stuffed into a battle for a town, (it was inland, hence no naval units)

I'll leave it to CRS to explain 1.36 spawn lists, but given the huge step forward that 1.36 has been, it is only natural that some tweaks to the spawn lists would be (and might continue to be) necessary.  I understand your frustration.  As one can see from the original intent of the thread, I'm just trying to be a (small) part of the solution.

I understand your skepticism, but I hear the same thing during battles in-game on a daily basis, and it solves nothing, whether it is the next prediction of the game's failure, or the next prediction that a 'town is lost' before it actually is.  Nothing is gained by being a prognosticator of doom, imho.  I'll be one of the folks who will continue to fight for this community, and this game until we either get it fixed, or they turn the lights out.  The community, and game, are both worth my efforts, as they are worthy of yours.

S!

Edited by Augetout
3 people like this

On 8/5/2019 at 2:29 AM, Augetout said:

Your attempt to hijack this thread is duly noted, ian77.  :)  I'm not sure judging a campaign a few hours after the campaign was finished is the best time to decide whether or not 'huge battles' are happening. 

Having said that, I logged in at circa 9pm my time (11pm server time) last night, and there was a german attack that had double EI EWS, double armor EWS, and as a bonus the sky was literally filled with Stukas, He111s, and 109s (or 190s, was busy on the ground).  The attack lasted for 2 hours after I logged in before we (the Allies) were finally able to lib the town and get the offending FB under control.  It might not have turned out that way for the Allies, had not axis troops decided not to guard the FB, or spawnable they had captured. 

It was a fun battle full of tank on tank, air on (our) tanks, Inf vs Inf, ATGs, AAA guns.  Other than naval units, it was pretty much the entire game stuffed into a battle for a town, (it was inland, hence no naval units)

I'll leave it to CRS to explain 1.36 spawn lists, but given the huge step forward that 1.36 has been, it is only natural that some tweaks to the spawn lists would be (and might continue to be) necessary.  I understand your frustration.  As one can see from the original intent of the thread, I'm just trying to be a (small) part of the solution.

I understand your skepticism, but I hear the same thing during battles in-game on a daily basis, and it solves nothing, whether it is the next prediction of the game's failure, or the next prediction that a 'town is lost' before it actually is.  Nothing is gained by being a prognosticator of doom, imho.  I'll be one of the folks who will continue to fight for this community, and this game until we either get it fixed, or they turn the lights out.  The community, and game, are both worth my efforts, as they are worthy of yours.

S!

Yeah, was having a bad morning :) - I certainly wasnt trying to hijack your thread - sorry! S!

11pm server time is 5am here (UK) but that fight does sounds like fun! - my comment on just 3 axis spawned in players was about six hours before the map was won, but probably helps to explain why. 

I shall try and curb my glass half empty nature. :) 

S! Ian 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, ian77 said:

Yeah, was having a bad morning :) - I certainly wasnt trying to hijack your thread - sorry! S!

11pm server time is 5am here (UK) but that fight does sounds like fun! - my comment on just 3 axis spawned in players was about six hours before the map was won, but probably helps to explain why. 

I shall try and curb my glass half empty nature. :) 

S! Ian 

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0