lonepilgim

yelllow tags

21 posts in this topic

How do I get rid of the yellow name tags above some of the soldiers I`m playing with ? I have all my colors set to white and blue but these yellow tags keep popping up more or less randomly..I am partially color blind and yellow really messes with me...I`ve adjusted  most of the settings and I can`t get it to go away

I believe yellow tags (green tags actually---I feel your shade intolerent pain), are new players, and I do not believe they are adjustable.

My advice would be to submit a ticket to support and see if Pittpete @PITTPETE has a solution that I am unaware of.

While you're at it, Lonepilgrim, stop by the unit website and see about Randazzo and you cooperating to get you a Lafayette Federation sig! ;)

S!

Edited by Augetout

Sounds like you are talking about new players AKA green tags . In your case yellow.

Easy fix would be if CRS let's us change all the color preference of the name tags. 

On 8/4/2019 at 4:05 AM, Augetout said:

I believe yellow tags (green tags actually---I feel your shade intolerent pain), are new players, and I do not believe they are adjustable.

My advice would be to submit a ticket to support and see if Pittpete @PITTPETE has a solution that I am unaware of.

While you're at it, Lonepilgrim, stop by the unit website and see about Randazzo and you cooperating to get you a Lafayette Federation sig! ;)

S!

Thanks..the other issue is the little guys on the map are really little..when I started playing I could see them now the are just dots..I`ve tried different resolutions nothing helps

Augetout do you use Discord?  I was on for a while but I never saw anyone else in your squad online.

@lonepilgimI tend to use chat.  We're still working on getting Lafayette members to use discord more----right now we tend to be firemen, split up across the map as needed.  As time goes by we'll get the opportunity to lump together more often.

S!

22 hours ago, lonepilgim said:

Thanks..the other issue is really bugging me..I had one guy give me a very technical explanation which didn`t help at all..again I`ve tried different resolutions but that hasn`t helped either..I have a vision problem and the icons are so small I can barely see them..any suggestions ?  

I just talked to the team about the issue of being unable to adjust the "green tag" n00b color like you can with Squad Members, Mission Members and Mission Leaders (under the preferences menu). I'll take a look at getting it added to the next release since we are doing it with other tag colors already.

The second issue you brought up about the map player icon size is a known issue and has to do with the "scale" settings that you're using for windows. What size monitor, resolution and scale are you currently using? The times I've saw it, and I deal with it as well, is with higher resolution monitors that require a different than 100% scale setting in the Display Settings (right click on the desktop -> Display Settings).

18 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

I just talked to the team about the issue of being unable to adjust the "green tag" n00b color like you can with Squad Members, Mission Members and Mission Leaders (under the preferences menu). I'll take a look at getting it added to the next release since we are doing it with other tag colors already.

The second issue you brought up about the map player icon size is a known issue and has to do with the "scale" settings that you're using for windows. What size monitor, resolution and scale are you currently using? The times I've saw it, and I deal with it as well, is with higher resolution monitors that require a different than 100% scale setting in the Display Settings (right click on the desktop -> Display Settings).

I`m using 3840x2160..250% atm..I know that sounds like a lot..my eyesight isn`t really that bad but it seems to be the only setting that works for me..this is a pretty decent computer that I had built for me...no particular issues other than this..the monitor is 26x15  inches...also there is a dialog box that comes up sometimes..i can`t remember exactly how I get there but it has some settings including the resolution..not the ingame preference screen..that box is very very small..I`ll post again when I get there again

One other thing and this has been happening ever since I was playing 15 years ago on a laptop..when I start the game the box where it says choose online or training server has the 2 choices over lapping..its hard to explain but when I was trying to figure out what settings would fix this issue at one point that went away..it`s not important but I could never understand why it did that and may possibly have something to do with this

Another thing just happened as I was typing this..apparently there is a new update which is odd because I just got one yesterday which took a while to install so I assume it was a major update ?  When I started the game just now it gave me another update..eventually I got an error message saying uninstall and start over..that just seemed not quite right..the game has always worked well on this computer except for these rather small issues

1 hour ago, lonepilgim said:

One other thing and this has been happening ever since I was playing 15 years ago on a laptop..when I start the game the box where it says choose online or training server has the 2 choices over lapping..its hard to explain but when I was trying to figure out what settings would fix this issue at one point that went away..it`s not important but I could never understand why it did that and may possibly have something to do with this

Another thing just happened as I was typing this..apparently there is a new update which is odd because I just got one yesterday which took a while to install so I assume it was a major update ?  When I started the game just now it gave me another update..eventually I got an error message saying uninstall and start over..that just seemed not quite right..the game has always worked well on this computer except for these rather small issues

https://www.wwiionline.com/game-news/production-notes/version-1-36-2-0-readme

It sounds like you have both the old version and new version of the game installed. Uninstall the `Battleground Europe` version of the game.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:54 PM, SNIPER62 said:

This is now live in game.

Asked only 1 month ago and it is already fixed?

I'll stop right here

Edited by Zeppelin
1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

Asked only 1 month ago and it is already fixed?

I'll stop right here

Some things are a bit easier than others.  Mimicking something that exists, but making a slight change is easier than drastically altering something/starting from scratch

55 minutes ago, B2K said:

Some things are a bit easier than others.  Mimicking something that exists, but making a slight change is easier than drastically altering something/starting from scratch

Bah! STOs for 18 years!

Just now, B2K said:

jobs@wwiionline.com - come help.

Can you teach me COBOL or whatever sanskrit language the game is coded in?

Edited by Zeppelin

29 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Can you teach me COBOL or whatever sanskrit language the game is coded in?

Give us some credit - we're using basic   plenty of resources out there to learn it.

56 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

I actually thought it was C+

+ OR ++ Can't recall which (pretty sure it's C++).