• Announcements

• CHIMM

***Expected Outage Scheduled*** 7 day Notice   12/15/2019

Next Sunday, December 22nd 2019 outage and cut-over will START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME or 5:00 PM GMT. All services will be effected for 24 +/- hours as announced in our previous article. Game server physically relocated  Website and critical data relocated Configure the game server all critical services to new ISP's We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition, our goal is to minimize server downtime. Official communications/status will be posted via Axis and Allied Discord, and FaceBook during outage. ***Effective that day, server time will be considered Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), not US Central (CST) as it is now.***
dfire

Need Opinions Please

90 posts in this topic

This subject was from another post that got off on a tangent so I figured I'd create my own thread for it. Both axis and allied vets were agreeing (never thought I'd see the day), so I think it may worth considering.

My post from the other post:

It's nice to get your moneys worth. Players havent touched an m1garand/bar/g43/fg42/firefly in campaign mode in a quarter of a year! 

Most people said a late tier start and a tier 0 alternating start they would like. A good idea I thought on top of that is starting in a random tier. Never start the campaign in the same tier back-to-back. Play a map tier 3, next map tier 5, tier 2, tier 1, tier 6, etc. This way you can justify longer tiers as well and keeping things spicy. For insance, getting to play high tier equipment mid map. Most campaigns that start at tier 0 are already deep east or west by the time top tier rolls in. A look at the replies shows a lot of vets are in favor of changing things up.

I could also see it cutting down on the complaints from axis about having to deal with the matty all the time and complaints from allies about dealing with tiger all the time. So you started the campaign in tier 0 or tier 1 and are sick of the matty? Well next map you have a high potential of getting to start in a later tier with a tiger. You started in 6 and have to deal with the tiger all campaign? Well next one you start in an earlier tier most likely. This could calm these complaints a bit without having to do something super gamey like weaken matty or buffen 4D/stug3D or mess with the supply numbers of matties and axis tanks again. Granted, there's much more to the game than mattys and tigers, but this has been a hot topic lately on here so makes a good example. There are allies who love late tier stuff as well

Edited by dfire
4 people like this

pick up where the last camp left off, till the final tier is reached

3 people like this

Its an ok idea i would say can we go back to full tiered equipment instead of 6 tiers do 3....i think that would shorten the wait for the sexy stuff while leveling up...take the last 10-12 maps and come up with an average estimate of how long they have lasted and try to split it in 3....so if an average map is 21 days then tier up every 7 days...hash out competitive tiers move up 3h to combat matty...I haven’t played with an m10 in what feels like forever and i love that dam gun

Edited by Jsilec

54 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Its an ok idea i would say can we go back to full tiered equipment instead of 6 tiers do 3....i think that would shorten the wait for the sexy stuff while leveling up...take the last 10-12 maps and come up with an average estimate of how long on average they have lasted and try to split it in 3....so if an average map is 21 days then tier up every 7 days...hash out competitive tiers move up 3h to combat matty...I haven’t played with an m10 in what feels like forever and i love that dam gun

Not bad. Would be better than now forsure

Well 2 people liked my post, but I cant see likes lol, comment!

The Allies make no apologies for having done well the past couple of campaigns, first of all. ;)

I think Ohm has done a great job in attempting to adjust the tier speed.  Having said that, I understand that not having the later tiers enter the game can have the unintended consequence of making a campaign seem a bit too much like the last campaign.

I would not support going back to 3 tiers (from our current levels).  I would, (and have) supported Ohm making the tiers advance far quicker than normal.  Last campaign the first 3 tiers were only 3 days apiece.  I would guess (and it's only a guess) that he'll make the tiers quick for this coming campaign as well.  That combined with some Allied visitors on the axis side, and some axis vets coming back for a full campaign should result in the later tiers making it in-game in 167.

I would also support having an occasional campaign that starts in the last tier.  If we started in the last tier and tiered in a backwards direction, it would (ironically?) get us closer to how WW2 really was, i.e. the axis needed to win quickly, or they weren't going to win.  Sometimes, (and as a function of players' joy at getting to roll around in a Tiger, or American equipment that shows up in lower numbers than history would dictate), the opposite happens, where the Allies are at significant risk if the tiers all arrive in-game...

I stopped by in-game earlier to make sure I'd made the right choice on the scary question of whether or not to use 'an old file' for game settings.  I spawned an M1 and went to the top of a factory that is usually rubble by the time I see it, just to see what I could see.  From there I had a less than pleasing view of a steady stream of Tigers and (I assume?) PzIVHs bearing down on Allied positions...  Just what the game needed---another new heavily armored Panzer that makes the axis side seem more fun! ;)

I expect a helluva fight in 167.  It should be fun.  S!

Edited by Augetout

Axis have already decided to let Allies win 7 in a row so only 4 to go have fun Allied pansys.

41 minutes ago, actonman said:

Axis have already decided to let Allies win 7 in a row so only 4 to go have fun Allied pansys.

As always your a great contributor to these boards please dont ever change

1 person likes this

Start in different towns, move the front line after 18 years please.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, actonman said:

Another of the "axis always fight to the bitter end" crowd who have melted away when the going got tough.......

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Jsilec said:

As always your a great contributor to these boards please dont ever change

he is right. your squad is coming axis ... to ensure next one will be an axis victory ;)

3 hours ago, ian77 said:

Start in different towns, move the front line after 18 years please.

too complex. lol

they cant even handle/ensure about same supply for all flags/sides

5 minutes ago, undercova said:

too complex. lol

they cant even handle/ensure about same supply for all flags/sides

When you coming back to play? Seen you posting alot lately !

1 hour ago, undercova said:

he is right. your squad is coming axis ... to ensure next one will be an axis victory ;)

Yes because we win every map....:huh:

13 hours ago, dfire said:

When you coming back to play? Seen you posting alot lately !

the game is broken way too much

i wont be back until they have fixed all the main bugs that are ingame for years ... hell even a decade so far.

plus a few decisions lately that ignored problems that were known before. like the one with most of the frontline towns being british. i mentioned that problem long before 1.36

19 hours ago, ian77 said:

Another of the "axis always fight to the bitter end" crowd who have melted away when the going got tough.......

Some AEF going Axis will help some, not win the map maybe, but sure as hell not gonna quit Nancy style cause I plan on smackin some Allied fiends:angry:

Lol this is funny last map I watched maybe 15 allies against maybe 6 axis  both sides are suffering from low numbers . Now we have even lower numbers and its just stupid there is to much stuff in game for not as many players which makes it just inf battles except those few times we actually have maybe 20 verse 30 online this game is dead.....

Well lets hope for some bad weather and a few more 20 v 30 type fights!

1 hour ago, malvoc said:

Lol this is funny last map I watched maybe 15 allies against maybe 6 axis  both sides are suffering from low numbers . Now we have even lower numbers and its just stupid there is to much stuff in game for not as many players which makes it just inf battles except those few times we actually have maybe 20 verse 30 online this game is dead.....

Summer is always the least populated time i didnt play much last map so i dont know pop levels but the 2 maps before was pretty good pop....mal go back allied you have the lob12 curse

CRS chose direction to be true to history
and not to produce a balanced game..
It is paying a high price.

S!

20 minutes ago, enemytank said:

CRS chose direction to be true to history
and not to produce a balanced game..
It is paying a high price.

S!

Not an accurate assertion to make.

First, you are presuming, falsely, that previous efforts to artificially balance the game were without perils of their own.  You are also presuming that previous efforts to artificially balance the game had achieved said balance, which is also incorrect.

Second, you are presuming, falsely, that the game is paying a heavy price.  There are lots of variables involved, and while it may seem convenient to pick one and call it 'the one', it isn't accurate.

Summer sees our community doing things in what I like to call, the 'outside' world.  In-game population goes down at this time of year due to this wacky obsession on the part of some of our community members to 'do stuff with their families', or 'go on vacations' and other such nonsense!  (We all know they should be in-game, right?) ;)

S!

5 people like this

8 hours ago, undercova said:

like the one with most of the frontline towns being british

like the most of the axis front lines being german lol 

My recommendation (for the old tier system) was to start every 5th campaign in T2 or T3.  

1 hour ago, Augetout said:

Not an accurate assertion to make.

First, you are presuming, falsely, that previous efforts to artificially balance the game were without perils of their own.  You are also presuming that previous efforts to artificially balance the game had achieved said balance, which is also incorrect.

Second, you are presuming, falsely, that the game is paying a heavy price.  There are lots of variables involved, and while it may seem convenient to pick one and call it 'the one', it isn't accurate.

Summer sees our community doing things in what I like to call, the 'outside' world.  In-game population goes down at this time of year due to this wacky obsession on the part of some of our community members to 'do stuff with their families', or 'go on vacations' and other such nonsense!  (We all know they should be in-game, right?) ;)

S!

My opinion and your opinion.
My goal is to have a balanced game, yours seems to be on the CRS staff.

S!

3: HC officers will not engage in rudeness or other insulting exchanges in the forums or in game. Rants, flames or whines are not allowed while you represent the HC. Public complaints about the game or CRS are incompatible with membership. HC officers shall utilize the Chain of Command in reporting complaints about the game players/customers, HC members or CRS employees to their immediate superiors. HC officers shall be positive in public and not post in a way that would lower the morale of their community even when faced with aggressive or abusive behavior.

VR

unfortunately some will not be happy until there are axis matildas and allied tigers and will still probably yell biased when they get blown up.

2 people like this