• Announcements

    • HEAVY265

      New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

      It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
xohorvath

New patch

18 posts in this topic

After new patch, 1.36.2 it asks me every time if I want to 're-use' old files, even though I uninstalled and did a fresh install. 

 

Additionally, now, my packet loss is horrendous after the new patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometime theres something left go to docs and delete the game file there and any under user as well backup anything in them you want to save like screenshots and cfml files you may have changed for preference.

In otherwords search and get rid of anything to do with game then restart and install new version.

hope that will solve tho old file issue for ya.

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems everyone/most? in the game are being asked if they want to 're-use old files'....so, it's not me apparently.

Packet loss status pending. Sent a bug and /report asking for insight.

FPS went from over 150-200 to 35-70ish

Edited by xohorvath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old files question is fine, it’s asking about all your old settings that the uninstaller will not remove and you can copy those over. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the FPS issue, I’m not sure what would cause that as we didn’t see any performance changes in testing. Please make sure the game is not using up a lot of cpu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The installer created a new folder in documents, WWIIOL folder. This is where your cfml and preferences now live, if you chose to "use old settings" "use old cfml files"  it will copy the battle ground Europe folder contents to the new WWIIOL folder. It will then rename the battle ground Europe folder as a backup/copy. 

Now until you chose to ok the use of the older files it will use the default files in the new WWIOL folder as the game no longer looks in the battle ground Europe folder.

As long as you select no and do not chose to use the older files it will ask every time you load the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SCKING said:

The old files question is fine, it’s asking about all your old settings that the uninstaller will not remove and you can copy those over. 

With respect, it's (was) confusing because we were told to uninstall the game completely uninstall the game and get a new copy altogether...so, to use "old files" and not the new files, seemed odd. Now that I have clicked, "use old," the message has not come up, although when I first did it, the game didn't load at all. 

As for the packet loss and fps, nothing has changed on my end. CPU usage is the same, Internet is the same, etc. Only item that has changed has been the patch. 

Appreciate the responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will add that from a Mac user's perspective putting the settings and preferences in the 'Documents' folder is very un-mac-like and violates Apple preference design guidelines. It would be more mac-like to put these in `Library/Preferences` and/or `Library/Application Support` (for the calibration files, perhaps) in the Mac client.

Were there changes made to the device handling on the mac? Mouse and joystick inputs seem smoother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have to choose to "use the old files" every time, or after we have done it once, are they copied to the new directory permanently? 

For future reference, this was worded very poorly. Xoom tells us to delete all the old files, to a complete uninstall, etc, so selecting "use old files" seems counter-intuitive to the instructions we were given. It was a blood bath at first spawn in as people that didn't choose to use old files struggled with keymapping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Do we have to choose to "use the old files" every time, or after we have done it once, are they copied to the new directory permanently? 

For future reference, this was worded very poorly. Xoom tells us to delete all the old files, to a complete uninstall, etc, so selecting "use old files" seems counter-intuitive to the instructions we were given. It was a blood bath at first spawn in as people that didn't choose to use old files struggled with keymapping. 

If you select 'use old files' it will go away. 

 

 

20 hours ago, SCKING said:

As for the FPS issue, I’m not sure what would cause that as we didn’t see any performance changes in testing. Please make sure the game is not using up a lot of cpu. 

My FPS and packet loss remains damaged since the patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep getting Connect Error 126 after deleting old files and doing a full reinstall.  If I try a few times it will eventually let me log in but then crashes while on the load screen.  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do we uninstall everything before the update or not?  What do we do with the cfml files we want to save and use?  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

So do we uninstall everything before the update or not?  What do we do with the cfml files we want to save and use?  

I second this question. I don't want to have to re-map everything. I've deleted the whole game and tried saving old files and not saving old files with the same result, it keeps telling me to reinstall the game. We should not be having to do this. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I deleted my game, but not my prefs type files. (i'm on mac)

Then, when new game loaded it asked if I wanted to use old files, I said yes. (but game wouldn't load- though it seems to have copied my old prefs)

After that, then I deleted the old folder as the game made a new folder for prefs.

It saved most my settings and seems to work  the next time I loaded game.

 

Edited by delems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have to run the uninstaller for the old version, delete any desktop icons, you can leave your settings in place, then install the new version. The new version should recognize that you have the old settings and ask if you want to copy them, If you say yes, it will copy the old settings to a new folder and then rename the old folder. If you say no, it will not do anything and may ask again when you run the game a second time. If you prefer to not have your old settings copied over, you then can delete the old settings and it will no longer ask. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@xohorvath can you try spawning in areas maybe in the south away from the battles and in smaller towns to see if it’s just the area you are in that is causing the problem? I know Rotterdam area is pretty populated up with objects and want to see if it’s the area or to look at something else. Also try offline mode and see how your fps is there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PITTPETE said:

@xohorvath are you using WIN7 by any chance?

I am not. The only thing item that has changed was the patch. My Internet is the same, computer is the same. 

1 hour ago, SCKING said:

@xohorvath can you try spawning in areas maybe in the south away from the battles and in smaller towns to see if it’s just the area you are in that is causing the problem? I know Rotterdam area is pretty populated up with objects and want to see if it’s the area or to look at something else. Also try offline mode and see how your fps is there? 

Already tried moving to a different area, smaller town. 

FPS offline 150-200

Edited by xohorvath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.