Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rws

Unable to run new version of the game

13 posts in this topic

I submitted a ticket for this so it is FYI.

I uninstalled the steam version, as well as My normal version. No go with the new installation as It says it detected old files and wanted to know if I wanted to overwrite them or not. I chose one then the other but the game freezes trying to startup.

I have an old version of the game still in programs and features (Windows 10) being Battleground Europe 1.35 Beta. It will not uninstall and I am hoping that I will get instructions from CRS to delete it and Try the reinstall again. We'll see. 

Till then, Salute.

Which version are you trying to install? The normal one or the Steam version?     And does it say where the old files it detected where? In My Documents, or Program files etc?

I presume from what you've said that if you agree to deleting them the installer doesn't finish? Does it crash with an error message?

Finally, if it finishes without an error, can you run the game in offline mode?

Also to note, any old shortcuts on your desktop will be pointing to the wrong place, so will never work if you try to launch it from one of them.

Bringing you up here RWS, get some more visibility with your issue.

I had some issues initially as well, found an old folder like you too, it did not uninstall when I went through my control panel, I had to do it manually.

That seemed to do the trick.

I got it to finally run on the third time booting. But it always says that there is earlier files it detected. I press no to use the new files now. But I bet it is the old beta version installed that I can't remove.

I am m pretty much on discord, axis channel, JG51.

If you select yes to "use older files" it then copies your cfml and preference settings to a new WWIIOL folder in documents. This is where the game now looks for those files.

It then copies your battleground Europe folder (where those files were stored) and names that folder as a copy, backs it up and then removes the battleground Europe folder.

So long as you select no it will not do the above. And until you let it move the files to the new location it will as everytime you load the game. 

and now it when I use discord, and delete the old WW11Online in recient games, and try to install it a new one so I can turn on the overlay, It doesn't see WWIIonline running on my machine to select.

Is there a way delete the Old 1.35 beta installed on my machine?

??? Found discord is loading the game automatically instead of loading discord before I load the game.  I need to try this again.

wow like old times again. a patch and now i cannot run the game.  think i am having the same problem as RWS.  Guess I will try to uninstalll the game and hope that works........

On 8/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, Rws said:

??? Found discord is loading the game automatically instead of loading discord before I load the game.  I need to try this again.

No idea how discord would be loading wwiionline. 

You don't need to uninstall game if you are having issues with re-installation, just delete or rename the Battlegroundeurope folder . Also look in Documents and do the same there . That is where it get the Cfml files and other data .

New folder name is WWiionline but install looks for the Battlegroundeurope folders

Edited by tr6al

Discord has a feature (Game library) where it will launch the game for you .

Having an old version of the game installed is not a technical issue. Problem with the old version of the game installed is that you can get into a loop of having to keep downloading and installing again and never getting into game especially if you keep clicking on the desktop icon for the old version of the game. That’s why it was asked to uninstall “Battleground Europe” from your machine. Also delete any desktop icons. Then download the new version from the website and install it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0