ianstein

New patch issues

23 posts in this topic

I keep getting Connect Error 126 after deleting old files and doing a full reinstall.  If I try a few times it will eventually let me log in but then crashes while on the load screen.  Thoughts?   I have deleted all old copies of WW2 on my computer before I tried the new install and this keeps happening over and over.  1st time in 16 years I keep getting this issue.

can you try a reinstall again? we have not changed anything with the networking side of the game. 

Also does it work when you run offline mode?

Did another download and reinstall the same results.  Offline works fine.  Game was working fine till this new patch.

ok.. We are trying to see if we can narrow down the issue. Asked the Devs to do a search in our code for that error when one is available to do so.

Put in a ticket no response, tried to reinstall full again with fresh download nothing.  Nothing changed on my end except this unfortunate patch.  Firewall turned off, anti-virus turned off still nothing.  Just a tad frustrating reminds of the phrase, "1st do no harm"

1 person likes this

Can you try to run it under another user profile?

Edited by matamor

I tried that, same connection issue.  Going to be pissed to miss the BK squad night.  

Has to be a firewall or something blocking your connection to our servers.. Yours is the only report of this specific issue.. Now the name of the game in this patch has changed from “Battleground Europe” to “World War II Online” so not sure if your firewall is blocking by program name or not. That’s the one thing that has really changed that I could think of creating this kind of issue for you.

Uninstalled

Downloaded patch

Rebooted

Every time I try to start game it downloads patch again and starts over.  Fails when it tells me to uninstall first.  INFINITE LOOP!

8 minutes ago, mcafeed said:

Uninstalled

Downloaded patch

Rebooted

Every time I try to start game it downloads patch again and starts over.  Fails when it tells me to uninstall first.  INFINITE LOOP!

Not sure the Uninstall worked.. Please do another uninstall of "Battleground Europe" and then delete any desktop icons, then download the installer from the website and then do the install. The new version will no longer have "Battleground Europe" in it. The loop only happens if you load the old version of the game.

No idea why the firewall would suddenly stop the new patch and never bother the old settings.  Seems like ATT customer service here,  we made a change messes you up but others are fine so too bad for you.  Keeps that sub up though.  I checked my firewall settings nothing seems blocked and added new WW2 still same connect error 126. 

8 minutes ago, ianstein said:

No idea why the firewall would suddenly stop the new patch and never bother the old settings.  Seems like ATT customer service here,  we made a change messes you up but others are fine so too bad for you.  Keeps that sub up though.  I checked my firewall settings nothing seems blocked and added new WW2 still same connect error 126. 

Because of the name change.. Some firewalls will run based off the game name and in this version the game name has finally been changed over. It used to be called "Battleground Europe" and now its just "World War II Online" (WW2OL/WWIIOL).

Can you run a tracert to auth.playnet.com?

E:\Users\Gamer>tracert auth.playnet.com

Tracing route to auth.playnet.com [204.237.246.55]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms   179 ms     2 ms  dsldevice.attlocal.net [192.168.1.254]
  2     5 ms     3 ms     3 ms  adsl-75-62-180-1.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net [75.62.180.1]
  3     5 ms     5 ms     9 ms  99.166.205.228
  4     7 ms     8 ms     8 ms  99.132.13.136
  5    11 ms    10 ms    15 ms  12.83.101.37
  6    22 ms    22 ms    23 ms  ggr2.attga.ip.att.net [12.122.140.93]
  7    26 ms    23 ms    23 ms  ae4.cr4-atl2.ip4.gtt.net [173.241.128.81]
  8    35 ms    38 ms    35 ms  et-9-1-0.cr0-dal2.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.185.86]
  9    37 ms    37 ms    37 ms  ip4.gtt.net [69.174.3.194]
 10    40 ms    36 ms    36 ms  auth.wwiionline.com [204.237.246.55]

Trace complete.

E:\Users\Gamer>

10 hours ago, ianstein said:

We are volunteers here @ianstein

I answered your support ticket

Please try the suggestions i gave you

Just so you know, you are the only person reporting this issue, so we have to try and remotely figure out what is unique with your setup that may be the cause of this issue.

Curious as to your OS version? Searching google on the error shows that playgate can not get an address from your operating system for some reason.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, mcafeed said:

Uninstalled

Downloaded patch

Rebooted

Same issue here.

Have not seen a patch with so many issues. Can you not build a patch that unistalls and reinstalls new version in a new location behind the curtains?  Seems it would have been less painful to your subscribers.

15 minutes ago, ch0ad said:

Have not seen a patch with so many issues. Can you not build a patch that unistalls and reinstalls new version in a new location behind the curtains?  Seems it would have been less painful to your subscribers.

Although it may not seem apparent to the users who are experiencing troubles, we did do our best a lofty number of important changes to reduce its pain and complexity. This one was expected to require a little bit more effort than normal, which again is a special case but it was something that needed to get done. A thanks to those of you who are showing grace and patience going through these hoops. We'll be getting back to our routine patching cycles going forward.

S! 

9 hours ago, ch0ad said:

Went much much smoother than I thought it would. There was a lot more to it than installing it to a new location. The entire game was renamed from “Battleground Europe” to “World War II Online”. The installer was completely redone for Windows, Mac and the Server side stuff.

The only thing I think we could have done better is explaining why the old version needed to be uninstalled. The old and new versions could have happily been installed side by side (to windows they are two completely different programs). The uninstall was to prevent what mcafeed went through above. If you ran the old version, it would download and install the new version but not change the desktop icon, If you ran that desktop icon (which points to the old version) it will ask you to upgrade again, and obviously catch you in a human loop. That’s why we put out to uninstall the old version.

Could it have been done in the new installer? Probably. It was missed by us just due to how our alpha system works and how the live system works. The alpha system is not automated like the live system is with regards to patching. When I realized that this loop was a possibility, we were in the absolute last stage of testing this version and we had to make a decision of either pressing forward and asking players to uninstall the old version themselves or delaying the release by a couple weeks to try and automate it. The campaign was just entering intermission and so I decided to press forward as an update is much easier for everyone to do during an intermission than the middle of a campaign. 

1 person likes this

The new installer does not like a previous folder called (wwiionline ) at this point.

I would do a search for folders of that name and either rename them or delete .