Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondo

Bofors / 88 Gunshields

6 posts in this topic

Please make them optional or remove them completely.

Thanks

2 people like this

It was proposed to have a mix of both , that would be the ideal way to go IMO .

Gunshield did save my Gunner yesterday from a EA and I managed to take one DD with me before another DD and one of his HE round killed my gunner.

Some like them other do not , so a spawn mix between both would be the best option.

Harder to see, but you live a lot longer.  Good trade IMO. 

On 8/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, GrAnit said:

Harder to see, but you live a lot longer.  Good trade IMO. 

Eh, not really. The only thing it protects you from is machine gun fire. They get a hit on the shield with an AP round and you're dead, they used to need a direct hit to kill the 88's gunner. The spall shreds you.  Plus, you're easier to spot at range with that giant square shield. 

Bofors, it's worse. You can't shoot at planes coming from the right to the left because the shield blocks your view, and again, it only protects you vs tier0 planes. Cannons and 50 cal go right thru it and it doesn't seem to protect at all from bombs. 

Pretty useless in my experience, and with the bofors, it makes the weapon perform worse. 

Edited by Mosizlak

52 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Bofors, it's worse. You can't shoot at planes coming from the right to the left because the shield blocks your view, and again, it only protects you vs tier0 planes. Cannons and 50 cal go right thru it and it doesn't seem to protect at all from bombs. 

Pretty useless in my experience, and with the bofors, it makes the weapon perform worse. 

See above. And this is from one of the best gunners in the game.

19 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Eh, not really. The only thing it protects you from is machine gun fire. They get a hit on the shield with an AP round and you're dead, they used to need a direct hit to kill the 88's gunner. The spall shreads you.  Plus, you're easier to spot at range with that giant square shield. 

I pretty much predicted this, of COURSE the spall makes it easier for tanks to kill crews and expressed my satisfaction at the silly people that wanted them.

I would go T0 88 no shield, something like whatever tier  is 1943 for Flak36 with gunshield and the better ammo.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0