Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Engineer Satchels

Quincannon

Did I miss an update where Engineer satchels were nerfed? I know they usually can't kill armor, but lately they don't seem to track tanks either. I used to regularly track enemy ETs, but now they just seem to laugh and drive off.

I have the same issue with the Rifleman satchel, but I thought that one was inferior to the Engineer satchel. I know they don't do nearly as much as an Engineer satchel when busting an FMS or FB.

Any help appreciated.

S!S!S!

• CORNERED RAT
7 hours ago, Quincannon said:

Did I miss an update where Engineer satchels were nerfed? 

nope

Last change was over a year ago during the weapons audit (HE/KE).. Tracks are one thing slated for an audit though. 

9 hours ago, Quincannon said:

I have the same issue with the Rifleman satchel, but I thought that one was inferior to the Engineer satchel. I know they don't do nearly as much as an Engineer satchel when busting an FMS or FB.

Rifle, Sapper and Engineer HE Satchels all do exactly the same amount of damage to FB tents:  5.5% each when placed on the outside of tents. 

The only noticeable change as of 1.36 is that splash damage (ie. the old 'double damage') on inside poles, top of tents or inside on ground of VEH tents is now 10% from one charge where it used to be 11%. Weirdly, a charge placed inside centre tent of damaged state INF tents still does 12% - as it did prior to 1.36. There are slight variations on all this splash damage depending on exact placement of each charge. 

As always, others may know more/better or have different info to add to this.  

takes 2 charges on the same gear wheel to track a tank doesnt work on all which that hasnt really changed.

• Like 1