XOOM

3rd Fallschirmjäger is reforming

14 posts in this topic

3FJR was one of the premier Paratrooper units of WWII Online, and I have initiated the reformation process of it. WWII Online needs a dedicated Paratrooper squad as it is one of the best experiences, and really the last stand for the game for not having mobile spawns and retaining that 'old school feel.' I will personally continue to play both sides, but I feel that it is necessary to develop paratrooper operations and will be applying my in-game energy to doing so because it is such a fantastic thing, and really a lost art.

If you are interested in supporting this endeavor with me, private message me. New players and veterans are welcome.

S! 

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, XOOM said:

3FJR was one of the premier Paratrooper units of WWII Online, and I have initiated the reformation process of it. WWII Online needs a dedicated Paratrooper squad as it is one of the best experiences, and really the last stand for the game for not having mobile spawns and retaining that 'old school feel.' I will personally continue to play both sides, but I feel that it is necessary to develop paratrooper operations and will be applying my in-game energy to doing so because it is such a fantastic thing, and really a lost art.

If you are interested in supporting this endeavor with me, private message me. New players and veterans are welcome.

S! 

Our motto  " Hunters from the sky"

1 person likes this

I won't join, but I am up for para operations, and often felt I was the last para driver on both sides.  101st was often in there for the Allies but is largely gone in game.  BK sometimes does it on Axis side, but it is a lost art.

The ultimate is the glider attack, swooping in silent and deadly, dropping an armed team on the ground to hit an objective.  Particularly dramatic for FB destruction, but a targeted cap is good too.

Been able to get some attacks going with spawnable caps dropping on towns.

I'm up for it most anytime I'm in game, call on me and I'll make myself available if not otherwise engaged, and definitely come running for people ballsy enough to go on a glider assault.

1 person likes this

Been playing a bit the last few days, really enjoyable experiences, it's like real-time nostalgia. Same stuff works as before and it's quite awesome to see the new players and even some of the veterans jumping in and soaking it up. 

Genobrst just got reconnected with the game, and he was last actively playing (until now) in 2009.

Hans just resubscribed and reconnected with the game, first time since 2012.

I am working on more, and have called / reconnected with other members of our community who were either once part of 3FJR or who are not but are inactive. In fact we have a couple of veteran members who were without a squad who have joined up with us in hopes to build something new and restore the paratrooping game / pursue more team oriented game play.

We have several other part-time players who are now returning more frequently because of this increase in activity and interest to develop the squad - we are setting goals, like squad nights, and have created a Facebook group page to stay connected.

We have new members stepping up and taking leadership roles, and more new players are joining / getting on voice comms because we are committed and dedicated to routinely showing up and providing guidance.

We were working as a team today, doing the dirty work of guarding depots, bunkers and all of that fun stuff. Basic squad stuff, but the attention to detail and the commitment of representing the squad name, was really great.

I am doing this because I asked every WWII Online squad leader and high command officer to do the same. I am explaining this because my position is under a constant state of scrutiny and it's important for a disclosure as to "why." 

This has been important for me to retrain myself on what it means to be a squad leader, and get direct feedback from players in the game, new and vet so that I can make more informed, guided decisions to better those experiences while wearing my CRS hat.

Thanks for your support. S! 

Can you start an Allied unit concurrently, or get another of the Rats to do so?  It would be nice to have dedicated units forming on both sides at the same time.

-Irish

30 minutes ago, odonovan1 said:

Can you start an Allied unit concurrently, or get another of the Rats to do so?  It would be nice to have dedicated units forming on both sides at the same time.

-Irish

There are several Allied squads that specialized in precision spec ops which included the occasional para drop, such as Covert Ops.  But the signature para identity unit was 101st, I would check into their whereabouts and interest.

If area capture makes it ever into game , then I think Troopers could really shine .

GL Xoom from a former 3FJR , I told myself if Feldjager ever disbands,  I'll go Squadless and play whatever side I feel like that day ( more or less be on the underpop side)

S!

7 hours ago, Kilemall said:

There are several Allied squads that specialized in precision spec ops which included the occasional para drop, such as Covert Ops.  But the signature para identity unit was 101st, I would check into their whereabouts and interest.

I agree with this @odonovan1. I cannot force the behavior of a group, at best I can influence one. This is largely why I’ve taken up this baton personally. The alternative is we roll the clock back a week ago and no movement happens, and para ops go back to infrequent as they unfortunately have been for some time.

Just now, XOOM said:

I agree with this @odonovan1. I cannot force the behavior of a group, at best I can influence one. This is largely why I’ve taken up this baton personally. The alternative is we roll the clock back a week ago and no movement happens, and para ops go back to infrequent as they unfortunately have been for some time.

Er.  Ahem.

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

If area capture makes it ever into game , then I think Troopers could really shine .

GL Xoom from a former 3FJR , I told myself if Feldjager ever disbands,  I'll go Squadless and play whatever side I feel like that day ( more or less be on the underpop side)

S!

Thanks for the support. That’s basically how I’ve been playing for quite sometime now. The lack of being part of a squad with true esprit de corps has been a missing part of my experience here since I’ve become a RAT. It’s great to have that hole being filled, and what better opportunity than the squad we were all apart of. Being a lone wolf is as it states a bit lonely, being a RAT without a squad is basically like being a punching bag / soap box minus all the genuine team building experiences in the game. Depends who you are, until recently I didn’t realize how important that part was for me.

Regarding FeldJager, I’d say 30% of their squad mates are former 3FJR. Therefore in a way, they’re an extension of ours. Good guys over there, we should do some joint ops.

4 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Er.  Ahem.

I know you wrote it :) I just happen to agree with it and wanted to point it out in my reply.

Why is there no auto kick option in squad management ?

IF player X didn't log in for 365 days THEN remove him from squad.

Many squads would kinda collapse because they are artificially bloated up because of 100s of ghost members. Those ppl didn't play the game for many years anymore ... or were just trial accounts. But it would be a way more honest system than it is right now.

The remaining ppl would then start to form or join other squads a lot faster/easier.

It would help your request too

Edited by undercova

1 hour ago, undercova said:

Why is there no auto kick option in squad management ?

IF player X didn't log in for 365 days THEN remove him from squad.

Many squads would kinda collapse because they are artificially bloated up because of 100s of ghost members. Those ppl didn't play the game for many years anymore ... or were just trial accounts. But it would be a way more honest system than it is right now.

The remaining ppl would then start to form or join other squads a lot faster/easier.

It would help your request too

There's long-term loyalty to these squads, I don't think that'd go over very pleasantly. I get your point, and yes I would prefer Squads that we have to continue to develop and recruit / stay active, but I think it does remove a lot of incentive from guys returning who long for that old nostalgic experience from their Squad. Don't see this being too beneficial for that part is all I am saying.

*** IF player X didn't log in for 365 days THEN remove him from squad.

Hmm, I'd kick them after 60 days.  They can rejoin squad when they come back.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this