• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
ZEBBEEE

Live footage operation Spring Awakening

8 posts in this topic

Long time since I edited a video, but here is the result.

I also made use of the developers' cam which allowed me to freely move around, stick to players, zoom in/ou at will, and display tags from both sides. This gives scenes rarely seen and I wish I could do it more often.

That was a good operation, hope you will enjoy it.

3 people like this

Visuals are fantastic, some of the best I've ever seen.

To take it to the next level, you have to do the whole battle and explain context, like KFS1 did for a Roermond battle.

The voicecomms are atmospheric but confusing and not explanatory.

The ultimate would be to tie in HC moves, battles going on as a result of moves, cameras on opposing forces in a battle at same time, and do something like 'an hour of WWIIOL'.

1 person likes this

On 17/08/2019 at 3:49 PM, Kilemall said:

Visuals are fantastic, some of the best I've ever seen.

To take it to the next level, you have to do the whole battle and explain context, like KFS1 did for a Roermond battle.

The voicecomms are atmospheric but confusing and not explanatory.

The ultimate would be to tie in HC moves, battles going on as a result of moves, cameras on opposing forces in a battle at same time, and do something like 'an hour of WWIIOL'.

Thanks! 

My improvement objectives are:

- have events focused on a single AO on map, to have maximum population in an area and follow it step by step 

- stick with squads, asking them to play real co-op, tune to their discord and record it all-together

- always tune tags on when recording. It is almost nonsense to keep these off. 

- keep a footage balance between allies and axis units, as between the different army branches 

- continue to support gameplay fixes so that the game actually favors team based actions and allows players to keep their local cohesion as long as possible 

- continue to push for new vegetation, more PPOs, more terrain variety, better VFX and better sounds. Until we get new models and textures this helps with the atmosphere of videos 

then we will have awesome videos and streaming sessions that will make everyone forget the graphics and remind what we all invested our money in.

good stuff !!

the video had a fair amount of stuttering frames. was that actually how the video capture occurred  ? just wondering. I have seen some video where action capture was smoother.

S! 

There were two annoying things: aircraft indeed often render like that when I follow them. Maybe my ping is high.

The other thing is the mouse is used, which was the optic one used on a rough surface. Next time I will use my laser one on a clean surface. When trying to track fast moving aircraft the result was pretty poor indeed.

5 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

There were two annoying things: aircraft indeed often render like that when I follow them. Maybe my ping is high.

The other thing is the mouse is used, which was the optic one used on a rough surface. Next time I will use my laser one on a clean surface. When trying to track fast moving aircraft the result was pretty poor indeed.

depending on the level of zoom, using the mouse to control the buzzard is pretty rough... I've found using the keyboard makes it a lot smoother.  

AEF is down for this when we are allied again we get our best numbers ingame and discord on sundays

Edited by Jsilec
1 person likes this