• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Actonman

Neutral towns ( blocked )

18 posts in this topic

Why are towns that Axis is capping becoming neutral.

They are effectively blocked CRS so we cant move in or through them. Is it to give Allies a helpinh hand  ?

Poperinge was blocked which meant we couldnt attack Bergues and lost Dunkerque.

Seclin was blocked so we couldnt use the airfield.

Ardres was blocked so we couldnt attack Calais or advance down the coast.

I`ve seen this once or twice before but it seems unfair. We know its not a bug because it only affects Axis caps.

Edited by actonman

Well let’s weigh our choices..

1. Leave the towns axis like they rightfully should be and axis can CTD all night long over and over again?

2. Change them to neutral until we can find a fix for the CTD so the axis can play normally?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Well let’s weigh our choices..

1. Leave the towns axis like they rightfully should be and axis can CTD all night long over and over again?

2. Change them to neutral until we can find a fix for the CTD so the axis can play normally?

Well see the problem is the player base does not know that , unless the system gives us that little message , which I don't know if it did or not cause I wasn't in game the last 2 days. 

But if the system does not inform the player base of such things then the next idea one side gets is exactly what Actonman wrote. Be it Allied or Axis , and with that it's a self-inflicted Bias wound CRS did , and all to themselves.

And now trying to convince the player base otherwise is hard.  I would say if it was not relayed via System message you guys shot yourself in the foot .  Cause the player base sees one thing and it spreads like wildfire . 

Some folks also dont tune to side chat and miss all the comments about the bug. They only tune Ops for some reason or hide the chat and are lone willing across the map

Not all CRS has the ability to change system messages. We did our best to get the game back in a playable state while trying to determine what went wrong to begin with.

So while the person available with the ability to set these towns to neutral, meaning the allies could not AO and cap them while axis could not spawn them due to this new CTD issue, he didn't have the tools to change the system messages.  

What happened? 3 towns (so far) have caused player CTDs after being captured as Axis. Why only Axis caps? That's what we are trying to sort out. Allied captures have checks as to which allied faction will own a capture as well as a timer to allow a change of country (allied.. FR/BR/US) within a certain time. 

Axis captures simply become German owned. So we have to find why suddenly these 3 towns cause a CTD when axis owned as well as why we can't replicate this on other servers.

We are trying to find the cause and a fix 

I can tell you as far as ' Poperinge ' goes - when the Allies owned it - they were unable to spawn in. You could create a mission - and select a unit - but it would essentially tell you that the unit was unavailable. Even if there were many in the spawn list. Tried creating missions and getting into town in nearly ever depot and the AB while the town was under attack, and it was simply impossible. Not sure if this information is at all helpful.

2 minutes ago, ch0ad said:

I can tell you as far as ' Poperinge ' goes - when the Allies owned it - they were unable to spawn in. You could create a mission - and select a unit - but it would essentially tell you that the unit was unavailable. Even if there were many in the spawn list. Tried creating missions and getting into town in nearly ever depot and the AB while the town was under attack, and it was simply impossible. Not sure if this information is at all helpful.

Any info is useful :) Hopefully the coder folks can sort this out quickly.

32 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

Not all CRS has the ability to change system messages. We did our best to get the game back in a playable state while trying to determine what went wrong to begin with.

So while the person available with the ability to set these towns to neutral, meaning the allies could not AO and cap them while axis could not spawn them due to this new CTD issue, he didn't have the tools to change the system messages.  

What happened? 3 towns (so far) have caused player CTDs after being captured as Axis. Why only Axis caps? That's what we are trying to sort out. Allied captures have checks as to which allied faction will own a capture as well as a timer to allow a change of country (allied.. FR/BR/US) within a certain time. 

Axis captures simply become German owned. So we have to find why suddenly these 3 towns cause a CTD when axis owned as well as why we can't replicate this on other servers.

We are trying to find the cause and a fix 

Well maybe food for thought and CRS needs to come up with something that all CRS have the ability to either have access to system message , or get on the Forum and have a bulletin message , something . We lost enough players to the silly CRS is bias to this or that side .

And trust me I fall into that trap once in a while too, and I should know better .

But at least I'm honest enough to admit it to myself. 

32 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

Edited by dre21
Darn double post

last when  when i was  kciked,  i was changing cities when i bot booted from game(simular boot as if server was comig down)

the other nite when everyeon in city i was in was booted i did not nore did the 2 others in the east ab

Our HC were complaining that Poperinge being neutral screwed up our options in the counterattack and funneled us towards Dunkirk instead of letting us flank it. The bug hurts both sides.

System message was used as well as speaking to both high commands at the time. Communication was not an issue. 

The only reason why Ardres, and Poperinge are bugged is because officers in the AHC changed those towns to a design8ed side, referring to French to British, British to French.

1 hour ago, matamor said:

Did we win yet?

“Soon”

1 person likes this

May as well try switching ownership on another (less strategic) town to see if the bug can be repeated in an effort to isolate the circumstances amnd hasten its fix.

Last night was mass CTD , I'm sure it affected both sides. But it was odd out of the I believe 12 + squad members being online all got CTD , only ones that didn't was myself and Nily5000 which was AFK.

All attempts from the Squad mates to relog in failed too. I believe 2 or 3 made it back online before I had to call it a night

On 22/08/2019 at 2:56 PM, dre21 said:

Last night was mass CTD , I'm sure it affected both sides. But it was odd out of the I believe 12 + squad members being online all got CTD , only ones that didn't was myself and Nily5000 which was AFK.

All attempts from the Squad mates to relog in failed too. I believe 2 or 3 made it back online before I had to call it a night

I also had a CTD problem like this a lot lately.

Edited by actonman