Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quincannon

Trickle Timers Too Fast?

11 posts in this topic

I was playing when the Axis capped Ramsgate. They took it and did not move in a Brigade. OK.

Then, less than 20 minutes later, they not only AOd Sandwich, but had Heavy Infantry EWS at the AO.

Now this seems incredibly fast to me. It barely leaves time for the defenders who lost a town to consider the implications before they are already defending another town with absolutely zero breathing room.

Now I'm always a little hazy on the minimum number of troops to qualify for Heavy EWS, but I'm surprised that it's possible to  take a town, set an AO and have FMSs and heavy EWS in the next town in well under half an hour.

It seems to me that if this is possible, then supply is coming in way too fast when a town is capped.

Not everyone can afford to wait half an hour to get action. Heavy infantry EWS is pretty easy to get, you cannot expect a new town to only have 5 new infantries after 30 minutes, or would you? 

55 minutes ago, Quincannon said:

It seems to me that if this is possible, then supply is coming in way too fast when a town is capped.

A bit too fast yeah. I agree. Doesnt leave a chance for counter attacking much. 

21 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Not everyone can afford to wait half an hour to get action. Heavy infantry EWS is pretty easy to get, you cannot expect a new town to only have 5 new infantries after 30 minutes, or would you? 

I said LESS than 30 minutes.  It was closer to 20... That included driving and setting enough FMSs to get heavy EWS. I got the enemy has captured the town message. I sent to the bathroom and came back.  Not 15 minutes, and Sandwich was under AO about 5 minutes later we had heavy EWS. Sorry but that's just too fast IMO...
Supply coming in this fast allows for up to 4 towns to fall in an hour.

1 or 2  bakc tonw  def  ms's  set  whiel on def and  poof you would have not only had  supply for the orignal def but  insta counter ms's set up ready to go and  IN CLOSE ;)

As drkmouse said, why not kill the FB? Defenders have a full rear garrison available while attackers have their supplies coming slowly. Attackers are taking a risk to attack from there since you could counter it. Their players might also be upset to not find full supplies and to not support the attack. Pure Player-driven game, let’s not forget it!

So..we take the few vet players that are not currently f2p away from the town defence and attack the fb? It is incredibly easy for an overpop side to have one defender at the fb or even attacking and simply doing a .own fb every now and again.

Simply said, the underpop side simply doesn't have the numbers to dedicate to this. Its WORK to guard, and try to herd the cats. You can win a town over a hours hard work, then lose it in 20 after everyone logs.

1 person likes this

*** Then, less than 20 minutes later, they not only AOd Sandwich, but had Heavy Infantry EWS at the AO.

A newly captured town has no supply for 10 minutes.

Then, supply trickles in every 3 minutes for the rest of the hour.

All the supply isn't in until 1 hour after capture.

At the 10 minute mark, when the first trickle arrives to the new fresh town, there is already sufficient supply to make heavy EWS (I believe only 8 units).

So,  truck arrives at 10min, person spawns, drives to enemy town (2min); 8 players spawn in.

Very easy to have heavy EWS on the next town 13 minutes after you capture a new town.

BTW, if a TOE flag did move, it only takes 2 minutes to start trickle, not 10.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

@Quincannonit was HC fms from oost that was still up and moveable, regarding heavy EWS, Server had Maintenance that day and we had 1:30min until server reboot so all of axis spawned in sandwich before even radios are hot.

:)

4 minutes ago, ghost43 said:

@Quincannonit was HC fms from oost that was still up and moveable, regarding heavy EWS, Server had Maintenance that day and we had 1:30min until server reboot so all of axis spawned in sandwich before even radios are hot.

:)

It was more than that until server reboot. I played right up to downtime and EWS was heavy at 0725 and the server went down at 0815. Allies lost Ramsgate just after 0700... so it was incredibly fast, IMO.

32 minutes ago, delems said:

*** Then, less than 20 minutes later, they not only AOd Sandwich, but had Heavy Infantry EWS at the AO.

A newly captured town has no supply for 10 minutes.

Then, supply trickles in every 3 minutes for the rest of the hour.

All the supply isn't in until 1 hour after capture.

At the 10 minute mark, when the first trickle arrives to the new fresh town, there is already sufficient supply to make heavy EWS (I believe only 8 units).

So,  truck arrives at 10min, person spawns, drives to enemy town (2min); 8 players spawn in.

Very easy to have heavy EWS on the next town 13 minutes after you capture a new town.

BTW, if a TOE flag did move, it only takes 2 minutes to start trickle, not 10.

13 minutes? Holy Hannah! And no one else thinks that that is way too fast?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0