dijpa

mission creation, PLEASE reduce number of mouse clicks!

42 posts in this topic

Example Scenario;

I have created a mission at the east depot of any town I am defending, I spawn in, check the flag for ei, its clear, so I want to check the far west depot... in order to swap missions I have to:

1. press escape
2. click OK
3. click OK on splash screen
4. click "theater map"
5. click "active battle list"
6. click "yes"
7. click "theater map"
8. click "brigade HQ"
9. click "theater map"
10. click on new depot 
11. click on mission origin
12. click on mission target
13. click "create mission"
14. click on a unit
15. click "enter world"

If I am despawned and at the map, can you not implement a right click function on a depot "create mission here"... why such a convoluted process of steps to spawn at another depot within the same brigade/town!?!? 

I'd just as soon have defense missions be:

Expand map.

Click on town to expand town/see spawns

Double click AB or depot and defence mission is created/you are presented a spawn list.

42 minutes ago, dijpa said:

Example Scenario;

I have created a mission at the east depot of any town I am defending, I spawn in, check the flag for ei, its clear, so I want to check the far west depot... in order to swap missions I have to:

1. press escape
2. click OK
3. click OK on splash screen
4. click "theater map"
5. click "active battle list"
6. click "yes"
7. click "theater map"
8. click "brigade HQ"
9. click "theater map"
10. click on new depot 
11. click on mission origin
12. click on mission target
13. click "create mission"
14. click on a unit
15. click "enter world"

If I am despawned and at the map, can you not implement a right click function on a depot "create mission here"... why such a convoluted process of steps to spawn at another depot within the same brigade/town!?!? 

I could not possibly agree more. To add to this the map won't stay stationary through this whole convoluted process. 

The whole mission making since 1.36 is ....... <insert your word here.

We lost a Squad mate because of it and CRS 2 accounts that he was running ( tow account was one ).

He was a older Gentleman.

I still have issues from time to time to get a mission going , sometimes I just give up cause it's just a pain , plain and simple.

The new UI process should ease it. Still in development and we are all eager to try out its alpha!

18 hours ago, dre21 said:

The whole mission making since 1.36 is ....... <insert your word here.

We lost a Squad mate because of it and CRS 2 accounts that he was running ( tow account was one ).

He was a older Gentleman.

I still have issues from time to time to get a mission going , sometimes I just give up cause it's just a pain , plain and simple.

Sorry.. Nothing has changed with the mission creating process in 1.36.. Its been the same way since Active Battles was added in 1.34.11 (2015) ..

We are well aware of the issues with mission creation and hope to address it with the new UI. 

5 hours ago, SCKING said:

....hope to address it with the new UI. 

I would 'hope' that you 'will' address it with the new UI.  Else I will likely be dead before the UI is updated a second time. :)

Edited by GrAnit

9 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

I would 'hope' that you 'will' address it with the new UI.  Else I will likely be dead before the UI is updated a second time. :)

I have learned over the years that everyone has a different idea of what is the correct way of doing something and I am sure someone will be mad that we didn't do it their way.

1 person likes this

I'd like missions to be auto generated on DO's.  Defense mission up from the AB and every depot as soon as the AO is placed. I would think that would make it tons easier for new people to find some action. 

Then, people can create their own as well, just like before. 

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I'd like missions to be auto generated on DO's.  Defense mission up from the AB and every depot as soon as the AO is placed. I would think that would make it tons easier for new people to find some action. 

Then, people can create their own as well, just like before. 

Best idea. Especially every depot.

1 person likes this

if my meory serve me correct ( and  my memory is bad) the non atenna 232  was more in use then the attena version simular to the stug with out  mg  vs with, if thi sis the case the non atenna one needs to be brougth in OR the mg  version of the stutg  ;D

14 hours ago, SCKING said:

I have learned over the years that everyone has a different idea of what is the correct way of doing something and I am sure someone will be mad that we didn't do it their way.

Complainers are going to complain no doubt, but some of the early looks and discussions (from like a year or so ago) in the forums are definitely better than what we have now. 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, SCKING said:

Sorry.. Nothing has changed with the mission creating process in 1.36.. Its been the same way since Active Battles was added in 1.34.11 (2015) ..

We are well aware of the issues with mission creation and hope to address it with the new UI. 

Nothing has changed,  but then you say we are well aware of the issues with mission creation.

What is it now ? Sorry but this pisses me off , yes something has changed and to say it hasn't is an down right stupid statement to make. That's why enough players have issues with it and have addressed it in the Forum. 

I had absolutely NO issues making a damn mission prior to 1.36 and now it either works or it doesn't or it takes extra clicks to do so .

If you think loosing players over UI is no big deal then so be it but don't tell me nothing has changed when you can't even make your mind up in one post . Nothing has changed but we are aware of the issues of mission making , that SIR is a face plant right there.

The process of creating a mission is still the same, but creating a mission from a garrison has issues, indeed. For some reason the game thinks we are not part of the garrison when trying to create a mission on the map, even if we joined it with a right click. We need to go back first on the brigade Tab. Myself take a while to find it out each time.

QA let that glitch pass in their validation phase probably because the new UI will change it all. So Please be patient for the new UI and save your energy on finding solutions to make squads more attractive, or make imbalance more easy to cope with!

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Nick said:

What do you think changed in the mission creation process @dre21?

I would have to be home to do both to tell you the step by step . The Brigade one ( towns with Flags) still work like we had prior to Garrison and 1.36 introduction.  

The Garrison is a pain in the [censored], so yes it has changed.  To say nothing has changed is in my eyes a lie. 

Brigade was click click click mission made and one could respond to an FB attack fast when no mission was available . Now with Garrison it's an exercise in frustration . 

No matter exactly how a new mission is created, just count the clicks needed and reduce them.

My prefered way is XX number of clicks, new way is XX -50%, who would object?

It’s very confusing and frustrating. I get it that a new UI will streamline this experience, and I also get that right at this moment, CRS has bigger fish to fry with, uh, fixing the CTD issue. But when that is fixed, I absolutely think this should be a priority. 

The status quo discourages someone like me, who has always struggled somewhat with successfully creating new missions where I want/need them, from even trying.

I don't get it. I have spawned missions both from garrisons and from the moveable Brigades, and have noticed nothing different about creating or joining missions in 1.36. To be honest, it seems absolutely no different, save that i have to join a Garrison instead,

We changed nothing with regard to creating missions, as far as the code is concerned a Garrison is the same as a Brigade, I don't know where this extra step in creating a mission is coming from.

I do agree though that mission creation needs to be far simpler in the new UI.

Nothing changed , just garrisons where added .

The mission creation hasn't changed but the problem is if you are in a garrison and already in a mission  and want to create a new one , you need to go back to active battles screen , re-attach to the garrison so you can access brigade screen and then you can create mission .

It is complicated but is getting re-vamped .

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, tr6al said:

Nothing changed , just garrisons where added .

The mission creation hasn't changed but the problem is if you are in a garrison and already in a mission  and want to create a new one , you need to go back to active battles screen , re-attach to the garrison so you can access brigade screen and then you can create mission .

It is complicated but is getting re-vamped .

This^^^^

Still, there should be defensive spawning at every spawn, 100% of the time.