dijpa

mission creation, PLEASE reduce number of mouse clicks!

42 posts in this topic

Problem with an already auto generated mission for defence , there is no Mission leader which is ingrained in our system . (ML, origin, target, removing markers etc)

I agree it is a good idea though ;-)

55 minutes ago, tr6al said:

Nothing changed , just garrisons where added .

The mission creation hasn't changed but the problem is if you are in a garrison and already in a mission  and want to create a new one , you need to go back to active battles screen , re-attach to the garrison so you can access brigade screen and then you can create mission .

It is complicated but is getting re-vamped .

Sounds like a change to me . You might see it differently then I do . But to me that's a change .

Your last sentence says it all .

It's complicated , there are enough players that don't want complicated or are * like we have in this game advanced in age*  that just say F it and unsubscripe cause what used to be simple and work , was made complicated .

Alone this .

The mission creation hasn't changed but the problem is if you are in a garrison and already in a mission  and want to create a new one , you need to go back to active battles screen , re-attach to the garrison so you can access brigade screen and then you can create mission .

Who would think to go back?  . I sure don't and it makes it a hassle especially when one needs to set up a mission fast. 

We just have to agree to disagree. In my eyes it's  stupid . 

On 8/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, dre21 said:

Sounds like a change to me . You might see it differently then I do . But to me that's a change .

Your last sentence says it all .

It's complicated , there are enough players that don't want complicated or are * like we have in this game advanced in age*  that just say F it and unsubscripe cause what used to be simple and work , was made complicated .

Alone this .

Who would think to go back?  . I sure don't and it makes it a hassle especially when one needs to set up a mission fast. 

We just have to agree to disagree. In my eyes it's  stupid . 

Is it crazy to ask that  ML should be able to redefine his mission in game without having to go through the whole convoluted process again? 

We have worked on reducing the clicks needed to make a quick defense mission in a town. This will be available in the next patch releasing tonight. 

When you go to make a mission, the Target and Origin will be automatically filled in with the Army base (for Army persona) as the Origin and the town for the Target. For AF and Navy it will pick the AF or the Docks respectfully. When there are multiple ABs / Docks, it will just randomly pick one of them. So it should help with some of the clicks.

I had a discussion with Xoom yesterday to try and see if we can do a work around for the Active Battles button that is making it more complicated for Vets to make a new quick mission by forcing you out of the brigade/garrison rather than sending you back to BrigadeHQ. We are going to see if we can work out a compromise prior to the new UI. 

1 person likes this

There's no way to have system post automatic missions on DO's?   Would seem to solve a lot of problems. Have 1 mission from the AB and 1 mission from the depots automatically posted as soon as a town is targeted with an AO. 

2 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

There's no way to have system post automatic missions on DO's?   Would seem to solve a lot of problems. Have 1 mission from the AB and 1 mission from the depots automatically posted as soon as a town is targeted with an AO. 

I don’t want to say that it’s not possible, really comes down to how big of a project it would be to do something like that. Dev has its hands full with many big projects at the moment (64bit, new UI, and IVC) so we try to find little nuggets that are quick to keep the game moving forward along with regular bug fixes while these other projects are going on. The only thing that has system made missions are the training instances but not sure if something like that can be somehow ported over. Obviously a lot more things it would have to process (depot and ab status, etc). 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SCKING said:

I don’t want to say that it’s not possible, really comes down to how big of a project it would be to do something like that. Dev has its hands full with many big projects at the moment (64bit, new UI, and IVC) so we try to find little nuggets that are quick to keep the game moving forward along with regular bug fixes while these other projects are going on. The only thing that has system made missions are the training instances but not sure if something like that can be somehow ported over. Obviously a lot more things it would have to process (depot and ab status, etc). 

I hear ya, just something to think about.  :D

19 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Liege gets AOed, you now have 20 defense missions clogging up the Active Battles tab. A n00b logs in the first time, selects one of the 20 defense missions, spawns in, no one else is on mission to help him.

How's that helping the situation?

30 minutes ago, SNIPER62 said:

Liege gets AOed, you now have 20 defense missions clogging up the Active Battles tab. A n00b logs in the first time, selects one of the 20 defense missions, spawns in, no one else is on mission to help him.

What sorts the "active battles" tab?

Seems like the weighting could be number of players spawned in relative to server pop on that side, and it could perhaps be weighted such that auto missions are on the bottom.

When you add the new UI, perhaps the auto-generated missions would be joined via a click on the facility?

2 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

99% of the towns are not like Liege.  

Let's throw the entire idea on the fire because of a few big towns LOL.

Makes sense to me...

Automatic missions should only be activated for defensive Ones with as origin the AB of a DO.

depots and FBs are less needed as it requires better understanding of the gameplay to use these 

4 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

99% of the towns are not like Liege.  

Let's throw the entire idea on the fire because of a few big towns LOL.

Makes sense to me...

Ok, since you want to be a smart arse...

You have 3+ AOs in game and those 3+ AOs are on normal towns. What's the average amount of spawnable Facilities, 5-8? Well, you're right back to where we were, 15+ missions to choose from, all mostly empty.

14 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Automatic missions should only be activated for defensive Ones with as origin the AB of a DO.

depots and FBs are less needed as it requires better understanding of the gameplay to use these

The edge cases of larger cities (and spread out, or cross river towns) make this less than ideal. Honestly, clicking on the facility on the map should get you to be able to spawn at the facility if it's spawnable (add a mark to icon if so?). You look at the map, and see what facilities the enemy controls, and you want to make a mission close so you can hold the current facility, and recap the other.

This is a UI issue. We use "active battles" because given the current system, it's what we have.

Any new UI should allow access from the map. Honestly, MSPs should be on the map as well (if there were on-sides rules for them, their "secret" placement would be less important, and indeed they could be harder to kill in that case).

I think with a right-click on a CP on the map, you should have "Enter mission from here." If a single mission exists, you go to the unit select, if a mission doesn't exist, it simply creates one, instantly. No need for auto missions, the player makes a mission by choosing to spawn there. Making an MSP on an existing mission could create a new mission automatically, too (so 3 trucks could spawn from one mission, and each makes a new mission as they set their FMS).

On 9/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, SNIPER62 said:

Ok, since you want to be a smart arse...

You have 3+ AOs in game and those 3+ AOs are on normal towns. What's the average amount of spawnable Facilities, 5-8? Well, you're right back to where we were, 15+ missions to choose from, all mostly empty.

Smart [censored]?   Pound sand.  Done with you. 

On 10/09/2019 at 9:40 PM, tater said:

The edge cases of larger cities (and spread out, or cross river towns) make this less than ideal. Honestly, clicking on the facility on the map should get you to be able to spawn at the facility if it's spawnable (add a mark to icon if so?). You look at the map, and see what facilities the enemy controls, and you want to make a mission close so you can hold the current facility, and recap the other.

This is a UI issue. We use "active battles" because given the current system, it's what we have.

Any new UI should allow access from the map. Honestly, MSPs should be on the map as well (if there were on-sides rules for them, their "secret" placement would be less important, and indeed they could be harder to kill in that case).

I think with a right-click on a CP on the map, you should have "Enter mission from here." If a single mission exists, you go to the unit select, if a mission doesn't exist, it simply creates one, instantly. No need for auto missions, the player makes a mission by choosing to spawn there. Making an MSP on an existing mission could create a new mission automatically, too (so 3 trucks could spawn from one mission, and each makes a new mission as they set their FMS).

Ideally a mission should not be linked to an origin nor a target. Indeed