• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
delems

Bit more realistic tank numbers.

15 posts in this topic

As I see it, we have a tank for every 6 infantry men; that is absurd.

Wasn't it more like 1 tank per 30 troops (in a panzer division); obviously way less in an infantry division.

I would think cutting the tank numbers in half would be very reasonable.

Cut your willy in half first I dare ya ! that would be very reasonable.

Edited by actonman

3 hours ago, delems said:

Because you like playing infantry. Other customers like playing armor.

Decreasing gameplay availability for the latter customer group would not be a good solution.

An alternate approach would be to decrease infantry-armor interactions. Infantry would spawn in a manner that tanks could not camp, and vice versa. Infantry could hide from tanks much more readily. Infantry lethality toward tanks would be cut way back. 

3 people like this

Still think it is absurd the amount of tanks.

Maybe get out more and look at spawn lists at the end of battles; might be surprised what you see still left.

1 person likes this

On 02/09/2019 at 8:53 PM, delems said:

As I see it, we have a tank for every 6 infantry men; that is absurd.

Wasn't it more like 1 tank per 30 troops (in a panzer division); obviously way less in an infantry division.

noooooooooo!

The number of allied tanks can reduce...
Not the panzers!

lol

Yeah in light of the demise of Matilda numbers , stug numbers should also be reduced to their campaign numbers .... 24 I think from memory, that will give axis approximately 1 stug per 2 garrisons. Moveable flags wouldn't have any. Just not enough to go around.

20 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Yeah in light of the demise of Matilda numbers , stug numbers should also be reduced to their campaign numbers .... 24 I think from memory, that will give axis approximately 1 stug per 2 garrisons. Moveable flags wouldn't have any. Just not enough to go around.

But but then we would not see each other as often . 

I think the Towns need to be narrowed , so there is more INF play only but that is pretty much out of the question with what it would take on resource to make that happen not to mention most towns would need to be redesigned.

I think the easiest way to achieve that is bring a special glass of INF into the game that is really only a builder equiped with smoke nades that last at least twice as long as the regular ones and that can set  tank barricades and nothing but tank barricades in  3 or 4  clusters not the one barricade that the Engineer can set.   That special glass would be able to set triangle or square or just a straight line configuration depending on the road . ( I have brought up that idea before )

The build time would be more but also the removal of said barricades would need said INF soldier . 

It also be great if ATG could be hidden in houses it would definitely cut down on Tanks roaming around streets .

But to lower the Panzer or Tanks not sure I can get on board with it fully cause that's the main reason why I do play this game. 

Not saying that maybe the new towns should have a tighter layout, where no Armor ever can get too . Or sections of towns where that should be the case.

idk, Soles attack - our garrison has 2/3s infantry gone.....  and yet, 2 panzers used;  still have 53 out of 55 panzers left.......

People need to play the game and actually see what happens.  There are ridiculously too many tanks imo.

Other garrison same, 2/3s infantry gone, 13 panzers used, 42 still left.

Our last flag we've used 3 panzers out of 42; again 2/3s infantry gone.

So, in total, we've used 12% of the panzers.... even with armor cut in half, we'd still have only used 24%.....   one quarter of them.

We still have 134 panzers available in list.

In summary, we've used nearly 3 garrisons/flags worth of infantry (some 70%), yet used 12% of the armor......

You could cut the number of tanks in half... then cut them in half again..  and we still wouldn't have even used half the panzers in the list...... would have used 47%.

There are too many tanks.

Edited by delems

1 hour ago, delems said:

idk, Soles attack - our garrison has 2/3s infantry gone.....  and yet, 2 panzers used;  still have 53 out of 55 panzers left.......

People to need play the game and actually see what happens.  There are ridiculously too many tanks imo.

Other garrison same, 2/3s infantry gone, 13 panzers used, 42 still left.

Our last flag we've used 3 panzers out of 42; again 2/3s infantry gone.

So, in total, we've used 12% of the panzers.... even with armor cut in half, we'd still have only used 24%.....   one quarter of them.

We still have 134 panzers available in list.

In summary, we've used nearly 3 garrisons/flags worth of infantry (some 70%), yet used 12% of the armor......

You could cut the number of tanks in half... then cut them in half again..  and we still wouldn't have even used half the panzers in the list...... would have used 47%.

There are too many tanks.

Most allied towns are falling with nrly full garrisons please cut inf supply to 10% of current numbers.

Go back to your Naval infantry theme delems, leave the tanks alone. Most towns fall with all destroyers not used please remove them from supply. Most towns fall with naval infantry not used, please remove them from supply.

just because YOU don't use them doesn't mean they shouldn't be there for someone else to use.

You are a very squeaky wheel.

and dre21 is right how are we ever gonna fall in love if we can't meet .......hope you miss me , ( I mean with that big gun of yours ) lol

Edited by goreblimey

Feels like tank numbers are high i think as we progress the sheer amount of anti armor gear is ridiculous...tankbusters are now killing more armor then ever before and the nerf tubes still out there and always  seem available ....atgs from ms’s and ofcourse and other armor with lethal ranges past 2k.....cut the armor numbers but what does it matter if we dont have enough players to spawn them in ?

15 hours ago, matamor said:

6yearzzzzz

Armor numbers got nothing to do with the six years and everything to do with a combo of 'give em what they want' with having a tank on tap, iconics, and those historical lists, where the efficiencies achieved in historical production means everything but the newest chassis will get cheaper to make and so more are available for the same budget.  Historically there were many more tanks made later on in the war, but they were getting destroyed AND forces not concentrating them as much as the blitzkrieg 10 panzer divisions.

A firepower/game role budget is more the ticket, for a game.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:24 PM, goreblimey said:

Most allied towns are falling with nrly full garrisons please cut inf supply to 10% of current numbers.

Go back to your Naval infantry theme delems, leave the tanks alone. Most towns fall with all destroyers not used please remove them from supply. Most towns fall with naval infantry not used, please remove them from supply.

just because YOU don't use them doesn't mean they shouldn't be there for someone else to use.

You are a very squeaky wheel.

and dre21 is right how are we ever gonna fall in love if we can't meet .......hope you miss me , ( I mean with that big gun of yours ) lol

Seems as of late we find other ways of killing each other besides with Armor , :)

Edited by dre21

Current tank and air ratios are so beyond ridiculous, they are ludicrous.

Need to cut supply to everything in game with a motor in half. (FRU)

(and yes, can cut the tank killers supply down a bit if need to compensate)

Edited by delems

Idea for a new PPO... (gonna go to the @Scotsman thread and add it) that addresses this problem.

What is missing from WW2OL towns?

High_explosive_shell_exploding_in_a_buil

(Amiens^^^) OK, that's just one car, but you get the idea. How about the ability to leave wrecked opel/beddy trucks as PPOs? Need to be blown by engies, can place in roads. Block tank access in towns?

1 person likes this