• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
delems

Bit more realistic tank numbers.

40 posts in this topic

*** running low or out of aircraft happens alot with frontline af's,maney new players still learning and joining the game no need to cut everyone elses fun.

Prove it.

Show me an AF out of supply and no flag able to move in or no other AF close.

And we should be able to run out of planes or tanks locally, just like we can with infantry.

*** By all that is holy CRS, DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM

LOL, checks csm sorties -  ZERO.

You have no idea what you are talking about and have no right to say so when not even in game.

If you would play the game, you might have a clue.

Just lost a town (devoid of infantry but a few rifles) with 45 panzers in it still, including 2 Tigers.....   nah, not too much tank supply.

Edited by delems

wow lets check numbers do do do

lets play 1 side at a time not check other sides same time yer hc on 1 side lets see if you can play a square fkn game before you can say what needs to be done

1 person likes this

*** wow lets check numbers do do do

How many units each side has in a spawn list is posted online.

Anyways, it's just an idea.

I do agree, there needs to be enough gear for players to use to have fun.

Edited by delems

On 12/16/2019 at 9:22 PM, delems said:

*** and some of us have been flying from 2-3 airfields back for the last week to keep up with losses on the front. 

Going to have to prove that to me.

Name AFs and units.... I'll spawn in and verify.

This is not an unreasonable assumption for Allied flyers.  Remember the Framerican pilots will eat up the French planes and the RAF guys are all Brit all the time, so half of the supply is being hit on by 3/4 of the pilots and overstocking is less valuable and doable then LW supply.

Factor that in plus barracks planes are by whoever took the town and the country pilots in play can eat up the supply pretty quick, plus again only half the AFs are that country  so there won't be as many close-in.

THIS is why the Allies needed movable air brigades, and Halsey's story is totally believable to me, cause I lived Allied air supply issues for years.

1 person likes this

Numbers of weapon types are not driven by some notion of historical reality. They're driven by what the customer base chooses to play.

Always been that way. If CRS remains in touch with their revenue numbers and economic survival, it won't change.

If you want the game to be more infantry dominated, convince the playerbase to just play infantry. Then CRS will respond accordingly.

1 person likes this

The problem is not with the total number of planes, it is with what planes are in the spawn list.  For most casual pilots it is nearly impossible to be competitive with non current tier rides.  So while a spawn may still have 30 aircraft left in it they will be the outdated rides.  Take for example the hurricanes 2b and the hurricane 2c.  The 2c generally gets used up and the 2bs just sit in the spawn.   On the axis side, once the 09f and 190s come out everything else sits because what is an e4 going to do against a spit 9 in the hands of a new pilot.  IMO we need to cut the numbers of low tier rides, raise the number of current tier rides, and allow lower ranks access to better equipment.  

1 person likes this

On 12/22/2019 at 10:24 PM, jwilly said:

Numbers of weapon types are not driven by some notion of historical reality. They're driven by what the customer base chooses to play.

Always been that way. If CRS remains in touch with their revenue numbers and economic survival, it won't change.

If you want the game to be more infantry dominated, convince the playerbase to just play infantry. Then CRS will respond accordingly.

Bmbm and his "Hardest Campaign Ever" BS proved the economic danger of forcing players to play "historical" equipment distribution/spawn numbers - I doubt the tanking game numbers will ever recover.

4 people like this

17 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Bmbm and his "Hardest Campaign Ever" BS proved the economic danger of forcing players to play "historical" equipment distribution/spawn numbers - I doubt the tanking game numbers will ever recover.

Yup, people aren't asking for their favorite weapon to be available 100% of the time, but there has to be a chance for them to use it. 

Forcing people to use rifles when they are tankers or pilots is a disaster and a sure fire way to shutting down the servers.  

1 person likes this

Good player can adapt and play whats available.

Yes as Mosizlak stated players like Rebel357. Awesome in air...he doesnt even bother playing rifle..futile.

It is a disaster.

Answer to this problem?

Get Good after 6 YEARZZZZZ

S!

LIES

1 person likes this

On 12/21/2019 at 1:55 PM, delems said:

*** By all that is holy CRS, DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM

LOL, checks csm sorties -  ZERO.

You have no idea what you are talking about and have no right to say so when not even in game.

If you would play the game, you might have a clue.

Just lost a town (devoid of infantry but a few rifles) with 45 panzers in it still, including 2 Tigers.....   nah, not too much tank supply.

You do know that I have a broken right arm don't you?  I can hunt and peck to type but moving a mouse or joy stick is both difficult and painful.  But you go ahead and do more damage to this game with your "neat ideas."

VR

Please explain having 79 tanks in 1 flag..... yet only 35 LMGs.  (54 shermans and stuarts)

Cutting the tanks in half would still yield more tanks than LMGs in a flag.......

Something seems off  to me.

6 minutes ago, delems said:

Please explain having 79 tanks in 1 flag..... yet only 35 LMGs.  (54 shermans and stuarts)

Cutting the tanks in half would still yield more tanks than LMGs in a flag.......

Something seems off  to me.

I am guessing because it is a game and they want a variety of kit available for their subscribers to play with of all types. You added tanks of all types together and compared it to one unit which seems a little like cherry picking to me 

I don't necessarily care what the tank numbers are other than they be balanced between sides. 

*** If people aren't spawning the tanks, who cares how many are in the lists?

They spawn them, the problem is they never run out.

Regarding variety, I like the idea (not sure whose it was) where old gear is dropped out as tiers move up. (could do with aircraft maybe too?)

So, tier 0 normal, tier 1 normal; but when tier 2 comes, all the tier 0 stuff is gone.

So axis would lose the IIC, 38t, IIIF, IVD and IIIB.

When tier 3 came, the IIIH would go.

Not sure with tier 4 and after, prolly not lose anything that tier till more options available.

Might make it tricky with DLC and free players, but if need, could pick 1 tank from each nation, which are most balanced, and leave them in every tier with the DLC designation.

idk, it just seems there are too many tanks; not sure what town it was today, but the infantry spawn list was completely beat up; yet only 2 panzers were gone.

How does a flag get wiped out, yet still have nearly every single tank?

On the bright side, maybe we can grow into the supply list?

Edited by delems