• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
gavalink

Times you will see me in game...

37 posts in this topic

If I told you that, CRS would take this post down too. So this is re-worded from a previous post in positive language. ;)

Edited by gavalink

5 hours ago, bmw said:

And your point is....?

He means he wants 2 AOs minimum because many people feel the game's action level drags too much at 1 AO.

Problem is very low pop is stretched beyond the breaking point and pop neutrality settings would have to be ultra high to allow low pop to not be blown out of the game and all the bad stuff of TZ3 rolls rears its ugly head, worse then before.

See, we can talk about this stuff, if we aren't whiny and beechy about it.

Edited by Kilemall

There are at least 2 AOs minimum at one time. One for Axis and one for Allied.. 2 places to battle whether attacking or defending. The tolerances are very low so that if pop rises it will go to 4 AOs very quickly.

7 towns in 7 hours. 

Wished we could have that kind of activity during high pop. 

46 minutes ago, matamor said:

7 towns in 7 hours. 

Superior communication and tactics

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SCKING said:

There are at least 2 AOs minimum at one time. One for Axis and one for Allied.. 2 places to battle whether attacking or defending. The tolerances are very low so that if pop rises it will go to 4 AOs very quickly.

But when each side's AO is the opposing town, from a side perspective it's 1 AO and 1 DO. No feigns or diversions, just straight up headbanging on a minute section of a "300,000 sq km battlefield".  It seems a waste of space not to have access to it (and maybe somewhat false advertising).

Edited by gavalink

1 hour ago, gavalink said:

But when each side's AO is the opposing town, from a side perspective it's 1 AO and 1 DO. No feigns or diversions, just straight up headbanging on a minute section of a "300,000 sq km battlefield".  It seems a waste of space not to have access to it (and maybe somewhat false advertising).

Nothing preventing you from going anywhere on the map.. You may choose not to go to those areas because there is no activity but that doesn’t mean it isn’t accessible.. 

One thing I would recommend is encouraging players to play rather than chase them away. That way your goal of having more AOs is a better possibility. Unfortunately many people work against what they want to achieve by always complaining/discouraging rather than encouraging others to play.

4 hours ago, SCKING said:

Semantics.  Unworthy argument.

5 people like this

6 hours ago, SCKING said:

Then why not a minimum of 4 AOs in your terminology (2 AOs in everyone else's terminology)? 

5 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

I too heard that in 2009!

1 person likes this

A fundamental question is: Does the constraints on AO numbers benefit or hurt overall squad engagement / online population?

1 hour ago, ZEBBEEE said:

A fundamental question is: Does the constraints on AO numbers benefit or hurt overall squad engagement / online population?

If people just can't balance numbers during no pop, just disable capture until they grow up enough and realise that capping 10 towns a night hurts overall everything in this game.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, matamor said:

7 towns in 7 hours. 

Is this an example of a thread being highjacked? Just curious, I really don't post stuff that much but I keep running across the term reading the forums.

12 minutes ago, gavalink said:

Is this an example of a thread being highjacked? Just curious, I really don't post stuff that much but I keep running across the term reading the forums.

not really. this would be a thread being hijacked: Number of AOs are directly related to trains and girls: 

Image result for sexy railway gif

27 minutes ago, sorella said:

not really. this would be a thread being hijacked: Number of AOs are directly related to trains and girls: 

Image result for sexy railway gif

Cheap California sexploitation film of 50s, so that's most likely Southern Pacific.

1 person likes this

Sorella's post is an accurate example of thread hijacking.  Well done, and with two sterling subject changes.

Now then Gav, Zeb's question is not rhetoric but the crux of the problem for CRS- how to maximize the content so that the most people have fun with it, while maintaining a competitive game with rewards for superior play but not punishment for either too few or too many on a side.

It's all well and good to post 'this is what I want' yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa type postings, and they are valid expressions of what you want I'm sure, but it isn't actionable for CRS without looking at and addressing the fact that your lone sub or even all the others that think as you will pay the bills, they need ALL of the subs.  As such they HAVE to answer the question, literally.

You want to get what you want, you have to persuade by helping to solve EVERYONE'S content issues, or at least the largest number possible. 

2 people like this

I've never really been concerned with balance, you just go with it (and I am in the anti-AO camp). My concern is about play experience regardless of winning or losing. I'm not trying to fix the population problem, just improve game play. If the overpop side rolls the map in TZ3, why does it really matter if there is 1 or 2 minimum AOs? The map is going to get rolled anyway.

Edited by gavalink

6 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Cheap California sexploitation film of 50s, so that's most likely Southern Pacific.

agree. though I thought there was an old ATSF logo on one of the boxcars. 

Image result for ATSF ww2 posters

7 hours ago, gavalink said:

I've never really been concerned with balance, you just go with it (and I am in the anti-AO camp). My concern is about play experience regardless of winning or losing. I'm not trying to fix the population problem, just improve game play. If the overpop side rolls the map in TZ3, why does it really matter if there is 1 or 2 minimum AOs? The map is going to get rolled anyway.

If you have too many AOs at once  - (more than the underpop side can cover),  then you will get a lot of ninja capping of small towns by the overpop side.  

Ninja caps  = towns that fall in 20 minutes after the AO is placed, because the defense is focused elsewhere on the map and it does not react fast enough to cover the 2nd AO.

Ninja caps are almost as bad as soft caps (towns fall with almost no fights).   We can all imagine the complaining that would happen if the map rolls even faster than now.

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog
2 people like this

18 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

So numbers have zero to do with it? You need people to have tactics.

All I see is CRS pulling out the same old excuses..these are the same CRS who NEVER play at these extremely low pop times. The same CRS reps who wonder where all the subscriptions are going  and then counter with flippant off the cuff remarks.

Lets just brainstorm ALL possible solutions - nothing off limits.

its OUR game even more than CRS...if we want it to continue its up to us just as much as them.

3 people like this