dfire

Half-Price or Quarter-Price subscriptions to play ONLY underpop side

10 posts in this topic

So these half-price subs can’t play when the pop is balanced? :)

Also, what happens to them when they are guarding a cap.  They die.  And the server population switched to the other side during their mission? 

Also are you going to force them to use the 10 minute side-lock everytime they are forced to switch back and forth?

Edited by krazydog

6 hours ago, krazydog said:

So these half-price subs can’t play when the pop is balanced? :)

Also, what happens to them when they are guarding a cap.  They die.  And the server population switched to the other side during their mission? 

Also are you going to force them to use the 10 minute side-lock everytime they are forced to switch back and forth?

1. When game is balanced they can play whichever side. As everyone knows even pop isn't common, especially as the campaign progresses. If it gets to a point where its constantly balanced, then great, this incentive is doing it's job and the overall game will be better as a result

2. I dont see an issue there and it would probably be very uncommon for those exact circumstamces to happen anyways.

3. No 10 min side lock. That would ruin the whole concept of this. I would give them like 2 or 3 minute warning before auto switching and also not switch people that are spawned in.

Edited by dfire

And they have access to all equipment, but only from a lower tier than current, so for half price they're half as powerful. In tier zero they only have access to half the kit.

3 hours ago, dfire said:

1. When game is balanced they can play whichever side. As everyone knows even pop isn't common, especially as the campaign progresses. If it gets to a point where its constantly balanced, then great, this incentive is doing it's job and the overall game will be better as a result

2. I dont see an issue there and it would probably be very uncommon for those exact circumstamces to happen anyways.

3. No 10 min side lock. That would ruin the whole concept of this. I would give them like 2 or 3 minute warning before auto switching and also not switch people that are spawned in.

Seems like this has some undesired effects. Like HC posts to side chat that the next P1 is Verdun, roll trucks, then the balance changes, and the switcher ends up on the other side.

10 minutes ago, tater said:

Seems like this has some undesired effects. Like HC posts to side chat that the next P1 is Verdun, roll trucks, then the balance changes, and the switcher ends up on the other side.

Better than tz3 and early tz1 rolls everynight and constant over/underpop. Plus even pop makes for better and more fun battles. Its also not like this would happen for every single AO/DO

Edited by dfire
1 person likes this

Personally I would like to see side queues added.. it would have to be different than most games that implement queues though. have an acceptable level of imbalance and then beyond that you will have to wait in line to get into the overpopped side until either the other side gains more players or someone on the overpopped side leaves and opens up a slot. obviously you can choose not to wait and join the underpopped side immediately. 

34 minutes ago, dfire said:

Better than tz3 and early tz1 rolls everynight and constant over/underpop. Plus even pop makes for better and more fun battles. Its also not like this would happen for every single AO/DO

True, good points.

Pricing incentives for playing the underpopulated side is something we'll not be looking to explore. I understand the goal, but price isn't one of those things to consider for this. In-game motivating factors should be.