Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Garrison makeup.

6 posts in this topic

I think we should completely rethink how garrisons are manned.

Currently, 1 AB garrisons have about 6 platoons of infantry - army only.

Let's keep that as the basic.  But, only non AF / port towns would have that.

If you had a port, it would be 2 platoons army and 2 navy. (take current 1 AB garrison supply and divide by 3)

If you had an AF, it would be 2 platoons army and 2 air.

Obviously, if town had port and AF would be 2 platoons army, air and navy.

Deep water port towns would be allowed one extra navy platoon.

Larger AB towns would scale as we do currently.

This would provide a much more dynamic town troop density and allow for air, navy and army troops to play.

Edited by delems

I don't think they give a damn about having separate navy lists, if for no other reason then the incredible effort of loading separate lists into that tier populator entry point.

Seriously, other then 'naval identity' what play value does a separate naval infantry force gain us play value way?

***  incredible effort of loading separate lists into that tier 

It would be 1 list, identical in every nation troop wise (navy and air), never change per tier, and no funny stuff - DLC, Reserve etc.

*** other then 'naval identity'

Well, if squads are important, then maybe squad identity is too?  Kinda correlates, yes?

What I hear you implying is squads don't really matter.  Sadly, I think you are right.

Edited by delems

When talk of having garrisons started, I never envisaged garrisons strong enough to mount offensive operations as we currently have.

1 person likes this

On 9/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, gavalink said:

When talk of having garrisons started, I never envisaged garrisons strong enough to mount offensive operations as we currently have.

Yeah, seems like they should be rear area forces capable of holding against some attacks, but not offensive forces. BDEs are not meaningful unless they are substantially more powerful than garrisons.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, gavalink said:

3 hours ago, tater said:

Yeah, seems like they should be rear area forces capable of holding against some attacks, but not offensive forces. BDEs are not meaningful unless they are substantially more powerful than garrisons.

I very much agree, but CRS has repeatedly stated that this isn't possible because the HCs can't handle the brigade movements 24/7.  The game has devolved since 1.36 imo.  

And now with F2P access gone, I can't use those accounts to drive around my main account to sap FBs or set up multiple FMS/FRUs for AOs.  I can't help with flag movements because flags are so insignificant now. 

All I can do is kill, and while I'm not terrible at it, that wasn't what made this game fun for me.  It was the complete package, and sadly that feels lost altogether now.  The flavor went from intense to bland overnight apart from the initial excitement and population surge.  

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0