• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Elfin

Gamey versus Not Gamey

Gamey or Not Gamey?   45 members have voted

1. 1. Some players have decided to park vehicles directly in front of the spawn point of their enemies forward mobile spawn. What do you think?

• Gamey (i.e. poor game etiquette, cheating-not 'real' kills etc...)
    • Not Gamey (i.e. all is fair in love and war...and especially on line gaming)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

I have seen and read in chat (recently) griefers building PPOs that prevent ei from going upstairs on a bunker. It seems to happen a lot.

Its a P move by a obese basement dweller

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, tater said:

Better would be an MSP for infantry that is a line of X foxhole objects spread across some reasonable frontage (a few 10s of m). Inf would spawn in prone, protected somewhat, and more importantly, they would spawn in randomly in one of the foxholes.

Camping the MSP would still be a thing, clearly, but the spawns would be more distributed, and maybe it would be slightly harder to do.

Maybe a choice of FMS types...

wack a mole

36 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

wack a mole

LOL.

At least they'd have a small chance (though enfilade fire would make chances lower). The current FMS are pretty silly, though. They're too camoed (green, they're recently excavated dirt, after all, no time for grass to grow).

6 hours ago, Elfin said:

Ok.

Put that in my "tool belt"

lol

S!

Ill report it when I see it as requested, however I rather the tank try and sit on the spawn point then camp it 99 out of 100 times because you can spawn in a AA or atg and lay waste to their crew and kill the tank and they cant do a damn thing about it. Sure they might get a few EI kills trying to spawn in by squishing them but not nearly as much if they sat back and suppressed the FMS from a distance plus they signed their death warrant.  That being said its rare for a tank to do it. That 4G was a rarity.. out of mb 10 tanks if that since the FMS I have seen do this personally 80% where stugBs or Gs.

21 hours ago, tater said:

I'm honestly not sure if I care how I get killed while spawning, if that was something they were actually concerned with, they could make people spawn inside in a way they could not be shot (then if camped they could RTB).

Seems like it means you don't control the ground.

i agree!!!

Chage fms.that simple.

S!

7 hours ago, CHIMM said:

Yes, please .report it!   Having a vehicle parked (intentionally or not) where players spawn-in is  not tolerated. 

Please provide the player who killed you in the report so GM's can act faster. 

I do not agree.

A player cannot be penalized for a game failure.
change fms!

I'm in favor of player solutions ingame rather then go straight to jacking up major elements.

So I'm thinking, alter the tank trap deployment to two at a time.

I think if you are hero builder, you should be able to establish a "walkable" fms allowing the rifle and smg.

S!

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Elfin said:

I think if you are hero builder, you should be able to establish a "walkable" fms allowing the rifle and smg.

S!

Gamey  walk in fms were done away with for good reason

1 hour ago, bram1913 said:

Gamey  walk in fms were done away with for good reason

Only few can do and this is why it's gamey. 

Just now, matamor said:

Only few can do and this is why it's gamey. 

That is NOT what makes it gamey, it's the tactical equivalent of JWBS.

What makes it gamey is the same thing that makes the current FMS gamey, lack of on-sides rules.

Mobile spawns are a game mechanism that represents the local massing of forces, which makes sense as long as they are on you side of the lines (since we don't have people spawned in 24/4 everywhere a real commander would put troops).

If they had on-sides rules (and maybe a few other rules), they'd be fine for all MLs to place them.

1 person likes this

On 9/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, CHIMM said:

Yes, please .report it!   Having a vehicle parked (intentionally or not) where players spawn-in is  not tolerated. 

Please provide the player who killed you in the report so GM's can act faster. 

So what you are saying is that if you are a ATG and stumble upon a FMS make like a tree and hopefully none of the EI will see ya for an easy kill.

Or  let's say in my case I find once again a FMS  ( I'm out of HE rounds ) CRS still hasn't figured out how to attach a LMG to the STUG , so now I'm supposed to drive away while the enemy spawns a Zook or ATG or Sapper for the easy kill on me. 

No SIR , FMS gets reported and EI gets ground into the dirt ( in this case drive back and forth and EI dies due to touch) till my side can come with an Engineer or the other side is smart enough to pull the FMS. 

Not unheard of that soldiers in foxholes died a horrible death by a Tank driving over saud hole locking in one track and then grind down . Same concept of a Tanker driving back and forth or parked there . 

We had that discussion before , to prevent it build a few barricades around the FMS.

The missdesign by CRS and CRS want players reported so they can warn them or kick them . 

No fix the design . 

Make 2 different FMS one INF only the other ATG and AAA only , how you redesign them be up to CRS but only CRS can fix it . And kicking and warning players be the wrong route.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

That is NOT what makes it gamey, it's the tactical equivalent of JWBS.

It's like saying that JWBS serves no interest to defenders to stop being rolled during low pop. 

There is no equivalence between both ; one brings stealth, JWBS brings infinite supplies.

12 minutes ago, matamor said:

It's like saying that JWBS serves no interest to defenders to stop being rolled during low pop. 

There is no equivalence between both ; one brings stealth, JWBS brings infinite supplies.

JWBS? (I was gone a while, don't know the abbreviation)

Remove all infantry placed MS, until such time as a frontline can be drawn and no MS be allowed past the front line.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, delems said:

Remove all infantry placed MS, until such time as a frontline can be drawn and no MS be allowed past the front line.

I'd like to see that system that someone suggested whereby a ML can place a mobile spawn, but only a very short distance from the last MS. All stay in game (ideally not the huge FMS object), but only the newest one is active. So you would advance, place MSP, advance, MSP, and so forth. If one gets blown, then the previous one in a line is now active. I like this, because you'd also not be able to cross rivers, or go to an island and have one, either (course on the islands I'd have no spawnable depots across water, either).

1 hour ago, tater said:

JWBS? (I was gone a while, don't know the abbreviation)

Jesus Warping Brigade System (c)

peter-drowning2.jpg

2 people like this

On 9/19/2019 at 1:16 AM, Quincannon said:

I remember fondly the days when spawn camping was the kind of thing that got players banned from games. It's amazing how the gaming culture has almpst come to revere and admire a once totally loathed and reviled practice. Ah well.

Actually, though...With FMSs, I admit that it's a different thing... players can still spawn or bring up other FMSs. With the goal to suppress until it can be blown...it's reasonable to cover the spawn and kill anyone using it. Heck, depending on how it works.. some folks might still get away if you have to reload... They might kill the suppressor.

I DON'T understand putting a vehicle on the spawn spot and killing people before they can even finish spawning in. Heck some will try it a few times before they realize that it's not a glitch. When I spawn and get shot that I get. If I die AS I spawn and see nothing...I assume it might be a tech issue... This type of thing can cause a player to log off... reboot their computer... check their settings... who knows? And why? Because they don't really know what happened...and as I always say...If they are a NEW player and die every time they spawn in and don't know how or why... there goes a customer.

If you're going to camp... at least do it the usual way... This vehicle thing is a messed up move.

That said...If you go to all the trouble to drive and place a FMS.. why the heck don't you fortify it? A ATG pit to the rear and  sides would provide cover for inf, ATG and AAA, and help fool air attacks. Barbed wire walls make it more difficult for engineers to place charges... If you take 5 minutes after you build an FMS to protect it... it just might help prevent some of this crap.

S!S!S!

it also makes it stand out like a turd in a punch bowl though.

I would like to see adjustments made so the spawn in point at a fms isn't consistent. Have it randomly selected from 5 different points, front-back-left-right-inside. Fix's all these problems and more. No longer can one infantry completely camp a fms (2-3 could working as a team however). Much more realistic IMO. 

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

So what you are saying is that if you are a ATG and stumble upon a FMS make like a tree and hopefully none of the EI will see ya for an easy kill.

Or  let's say in my case I find once again a FMS  ( I'm out of HE rounds ) CRS still hasn't figured out how to attach a LMG to the STUG , so now I'm supposed to drive away while the enemy spawns a Zook or ATG or Sapper for the easy kill on me. 

Here is an idea.. When you are running low of HE and you have no one around to help you, how about backing away then so you have some shells left to defend yourself as you retreat? You obviously know where it is and finding them is typically the hard part, not destroying them. In my mind, you staying, with no backup and running out of HE, is just as irresponsible as you feel the people who placed the FMS without defenses around the spawn point.

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

The missdesign by CRS and CRS want players reported so they can warn them or kick them . 

No fix the design . 

I am sure @OHM and @HICKSEY will confirm that if your vehicle is on an infantry spawn point, you will get warned, kicked and possibly banned if persistent enough no matter what you think of the design or what you think should be done to protect it.  

Redesigned has been internally discussed previously but currently is not something we have the man power to do any time soon.