• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Elfin

Gamey versus Not Gamey

Gamey or Not Gamey?   45 members have voted

1. 1. Some players have decided to park vehicles directly in front of the spawn point of their enemies forward mobile spawn. What do you think?

• Gamey (i.e. poor game etiquette, cheating-not 'real' kills etc...)
    • Not Gamey (i.e. all is fair in love and war...and especially on line gaming)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Fair enough, you say you don't do it often, and I have no reason to disbelieve you. It's the practice of doing it, and the attitude you portrayed that I took offense too (that it should be allowed). I pointed out the only reason it happens was do to a patch/fix that was implemented to make tanks harder to sap. Taking advantage of this fix in such a way is the very definition of "gamey". 

If a tank parks on the spawn in point of the fms, at the very least spawn in should not be possible, but not result in death. A better solution would be for the spawn in to happen at an alternate location (back or side of fms, or inside). 

As for yesterday, that was me, and the other me (only one). With a major shout out to Drake1 to finish the job in the air. I'm not a stat player, never will be. Not good enough to be ( I am a good enough shot, but my old eyes always struggle to locate targets). I just figured that I was tying up 2-4 good axis players who would most likely be on the offensive for a good amount of time. In my book that is a win, small as it may be. And btw, I did get that FB (not sure if you were still defending then, think you were?). 

As for the Stug having an lmg, ok, model that in game. While were at it lets model in the reliability factor and maintenance down time for tanks as well. 

Yes you did get it , with the help from the bomber but that's 2ndary.  Yes you did tie up 3 or 4 of us . But we also made comments how we admire your stubborness and your never give up attitude.  

But sometimes it's better to switch targets ( aka try a different FB) you are still tying us up cause we know your pattern,  in other words break your pattern.  Amazing that I tell you this ain't it ? I should not cause after all easy kills but that's not the player I am.

So yesterday I did a quick FMS test setting barricades to prevent Tanks from parking , it took less then 8 min. The round sand barricades withstand HE rounds from a tank better so one should use those. To set just tank traps it will take longer if one is alone.  But it's very doable.  Of course location of the FMS plays a crucial role if one can prevent the spawn parking. 

My greater point is was , CRS gave us the tools , but now we want them to police it cause there are a few out there right now that take full advantage of a design flaw , that is CRS problem. After all they made the FMS. 

Banning people is not the answer cause the player base is 

A . To lazy to set up a few barricades

B. Design flaw by CRS 

C. Fact that the Avatar spawns outside of said FMS that is actually supposed to protect ones Axx.

A quick simple redesign is the answer all it needs is a half circle of Tank Traps (none destroyable )around the opening of the spawn point so Tanks can't get to the spot . CRS thought about putting traps all around the dirt base so Tanks can't get on top of said FMS they thought about that , but not the other. 

D. Too many tanks (with JWBS or full flags pillings)  that serves to camp spawns. 

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

C. Fact that the Avatar spawns outside of said FMS that is actually supposed to protect ones Axx.

Yeah, why is this? They made the FMS intentionally a size that the units allowed to spawn fit inside (else why limit the ATGs to the tiny ones), then they place the spawn point OUTSIDE. I thought the entire point of the FMS object was to sort of hide the teleporting troops. At least if you see someone come out of a bunker (or 10, like a clown car) it suspends disbelief a little vs them appearing Star Trek style in front of you.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, tater said:

Yeah, why is this? They made the FMS intentionally a size that the units allowed to spawn fit inside (else why limit the ATGs to the tiny ones), then they place the spawn point OUTSIDE. I thought the entire point of the FMS object was to sort of hide the teleporting troops. At least if you see someone come out of a bunker (or 10, like a clown car) it suspends disbelief a little vs them appearing Star Trek style in front of you.

Yup, once again I agree with you.

That's why I never had a issue with the Truck parked MS cause in my eyes it simulated troops jumping off a Transport Truck. And had all sorts of issues with the box style or now so called light fms , cause it's like Chris Angel or David Copperfield made an appearance in game and poof we got soldiers come out of a box.

1 person likes this

I agree with dre21 , trucks should be the fms , not a magic box .

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, dre21 said:

Yes you did get it , with the help from the bomber but that's 2ndary.  Yes you did tie up 3 or 4 of us . But we also made comments how we admire your stubborness and your never give up attitude.  

But sometimes it's better to switch targets ( aka try a different FB) you are still tying us up cause we know your pattern,  in other words break your pattern.  Amazing that I tell you this ain't it ? I should not cause after all easy kills but that's not the player I am.

Ahh, But sometimes it's better to set a precedent. ;) 

Next time I attack a fb, I will tie you up longer, and you won't be quick to leave after a first successful initial defense. You will remember that and stay there defending longer, certain I will be back. But will I? 

Years ago I thought that the truck MSP should be a thing, and it should hold a truckfull of troops. Maybe slopped up just slightly. Basically a heavy squad, and a single ATG (maybe 1 AAA, too). I'd delete the units from the AB or depot when they spawn, too. If the truck is killed, the guys are lost from the list. MSPs represent massing forces, it would be nice if you had to, you know, mass forces. If 10 people were to attack a town, and each one made a mission and spawned a truck, they've have the ability to spawn some 120+ infantry under such a system. If the spawnable depot was as it is now, that takes care of the rest (and gives spawnables more real purpose than they have with MSPs everywhere). If CAP spotted a bunch of trucks and got them... that attack might be quite compromised.

Heavy squad might be 10 rifles, and 1 of everything else (LMG/SMG/Grenadier/Sapper/Engie/AT/mortar).

Edited by tater

The design of the fortified mobile spawn can be improved from its current "above ground" layout. Its a bunker after all, why not expand its footprint so units can spawn in safety. Nobody should find themselves dead before they've had a chance to properly load. The existing design just encourages camping. Its a horrible experience especially if you're new to the game, when you look for a bit of action join the top active mission and die before you even have the chance to review the map to see where the hell you are.

If you're going to keep these mobile spawns, make them bigger, like small versions of Forward Bases... with a bunker for infantry to spawn INSIDE, surrounded by a series of connecting trenches...  like a sandbag version of the pill boxes.... Setting them should also take much longer (x3 longer)... and get rid of the HC mobile spawns, or put a limit on them so that a finite number of inf can use it... e.g. 5 rifles or 2 smgs, or 1 engineer etc.

5 hours ago, dijpa said:

Its a horrible experience especially if you're new to the game, when you look for a bit of action join the top active mission and die before you even have the chance to review the map to see where the hell you are.

Pretty well! 

What will encourage and keep newer players (or even vet's)?  Then again, if I am being cynical, some may quit because they can't "camp" lol.

:)

S!

make it have 2/3 4 facing sides wiht randum spanwing? or  a t  wer u sapwn  inf  at inside back? 

It is obviously gamey yes, where the line gets drawn is obviously not always cllear but if in doubt use .report and have the GMs make a call S!

1 person likes this