• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
kgarner

forums VS the game

30 posts in this topic

Are the forums a good or accurate overview of our gaming community?  I'm curious if others share my opinions or..... maybe I have some biases I am unaware of.

Has been since pop dropped.

The camping thread provides good contrast, insta-death spawning is universally hated across all games. In the fourms its ok, with the only exception being run over...

I have been able to compare polls between forums and online, and yes there have been significant differences in the answers. I can share some thoughts about this.

The forums is definitely a good brainstorming place, and provides much more inspiration for game design or priorities than you might think, but this place is hardly a good priority indicator. Except when being about feedbacks for recent changes. This is mostly because polls in the forums barely reach 40 unique participants. In-game polls reach out much much much more players. That is how we confirmed about the opportunity for faster flag cap for teams, or the capability for bombers to destroy vehicle spawns of FBs: some had indeed suggested extreme changes in the forums (30s cap and fully bombable FBs), giving me inspiration for the related polls, but since the results were not 100% agreeing (still with a strong majority) we had to meet half way. Maybe not huge game changers but it were small tests to validate this new priority definition approach, that I am now trying to replicate at a larger scale on other topics.

I am also working to validate qualitative feedbacks (Online and offline) with quantitative data from our servers to see if anything should indeed raise more attention, and to track its effectiveness by comparing before/after results. This is something CRS1.0 never did and it probably opens new way to interact with our community by making some of these figures public as I believe it would let us better understand the situation or a decision. This is still in early stage.

The deaths (unsubscribed) can also teach us a lot about how to live (the game). I therefore recently sent them out a survey. Very interesting and surprising results that I am trying to compare with ingame polls. I plan to send the same survey out to all (active) of you. That will probably be after the welcome back soldier.

One of my (volunteer) missions is to help give the leadership team better visibility regarding our customers’ opinions or thoughts. And I started with a similar question: how do customers communicate about their needs? I have been doing some good progress in the understanding of the as-is situation and all the could-be options. 

Keep giving feedbacks as developers don’t know it better than you do (I am probably going to get a kick for saying this^^). CRS staff are all volunteers from this community and any of you could jump aboard tomorrow, but you’d just see how much we share the same frustration and hope, and how much risks and constraints we have to cope with. 

So don’t be frustrated by the forum discussions. Maybe transform some open questions into closed question polls, still giving the opportunity for everyone to share their own opinion, I.e. add « other » or « I don’t agree » in your poll answer options.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

10+ years ago, the forum was the game!

Visit OT for Details on Forum Fun.

Image result for sexy girl invite gif

Edited by sorella
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

OT is a shell of the shell it once was

That's OT in a Nutshell. 

Image result for funny nutshell gif

2 people like this

I would say the forum is not a bad place , if one can bring a solution to the problem being discussed . See the Gamey or not gamey post.

Out of all I saw one person actually bring a solution to the table ( that was myself)  every other player just pissed and moaned or attacked the others cause they didn't like what he had to say . 

Isn't the 1st time I brought up FMS solutions to the game , search the suggestion part of it . Started with camped FMS and what not. 

On 9/22/2019 at 4:36 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

I have been able to compare polls between forums and online, and yes there have been significant differences in the answers. I can share some thoughts about this.

The forums is definitely a good brainstorming place, and provides much more inspiration for game design or priorities than you might think, but this place is hardly a good priority indicator. Except when being about feedbacks for recent changes. This is mostly because polls in the forums barely reach 40 unique participants. In-game polls reach out much much much more players. That is how we confirmed about the opportunity for faster flag cap for teams, or the capability for bombers to destroy vehicle spawns of FBs: some had indeed suggested extreme changes in the forums (30s cap and fully bombable FBs), giving me inspiration for the related polls, but since the results were not 100% agreeing (still with a strong majority) we had to meet half way. Maybe not huge game changers but it were small tests to validate this new priority definition approach, that I am now trying to replicate at a larger scale on other topics.

I am also working to validate qualitative feedbacks (Online and offline) with quantitative data from our servers to see if anything should indeed raise more attention, and to track its effectiveness by comparing before/after results. This is something CRS1.0 never did and it probably opens new way to interact with our community by making some of these figures public as I believe it would let us better understand the situation or a decision. This is still in early stage.

The deaths (unsubscribed) can also teach us a lot about how to live (the game). I therefore recently sent them out a survey. Very interesting and surprising results that I am trying to compare with ingame polls. I plan to send the same survey out to all (active) of you. That will probably be after the welcome back soldier.

One of my (volunteer) missions is to help give the leadership team better visibility regarding our customers’ opinions or thoughts. And I started with a similar question: how do customers communicate about their needs? I have been doing some good progress in the understanding of the as-is situation and all the could-be options. 

Keep giving feedbacks as developers don’t know it better than you do (I am probably going to get a kick for saying this^^). CRS staff are all volunteers from this community and any of you could jump aboard tomorrow, but you’d just see how much we share the same frustration and hope, and how much risks and constraints we have to cope with. 

So don’t be frustrated by the forum discussions. Maybe transform some open questions into closed question polls, still giving the opportunity for everyone to share their own opinion, I.e. add « other » or « I don’t agree » in your poll answer options.

the forums have a bad habit of muting extremes though, case in point instant death-spawn. it's a top priority issue for every game in any genera, and unanimously hated by players.

here in the forums it's welcomed as gameplay.

same can be said about most of the forums influenced ideas and feedback. this place has a awful vision of virtual battlefields.

7 hours ago, major0noob said:

the forums have a bad habit of muting extremes though, case in point instant death-spawn. it's a top priority issue for every game in any genera, and unanimously hated by players.

here in the forums it's welcomed as gameplay.

same can be said about most of the forums influenced ideas and feedback. this place has a awful vision of virtual battlefields.

Not necessarily. Proof is that you express these opinions here. Just need one person to raise a point and it is thought about. This insta death point for example is already being discussed internally.

it was raised immediately after inf-frus were replaced... it also continued and was well known throughout the 3min-fms

cant stress how extreme instant death spawning is, in every game, in every genera; its akin to ctd on launch. yet here it's accepted and the players are chastised for the experience.

i get there're arguments for ZoC and tactics, but  it's understood in-game everywhere: instant death spawning is a complete failure for a game to function. the forums fail to understand this.

Edited by major0noob

On 9/22/2019 at 7:44 AM, sorella said:

Visit OT for Details on Forum Fun.

Image result for sexy girl invite gif

she has no faults.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, Zeppelin said:

OT is a shell of the shell it once was

I agree. still fun but...…...

pc changed it.

59 minutes ago, MikeAZ said:

she has no faults.

We don't know, the saucy woman has covered up her elbows.

58 minutes ago, MikeAZ said:

I agree. still fun but...…...

pc changed it.

Damn straight, and harms the value proposition of that subforum and the sub in general.

We don't know, the saucy woman has covered up her elbows.- she pmed me the uncovered elbows gif- hawt

8 minutes ago, MikeAZ said:

We don't know, the saucy woman has covered up her elbows.- she pmed me the uncovered elbows gif- hawt

these are elbows.

Image result for sexy elbows gif

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, sorella said:

these are elbows.

Image result for sexy elbows gif

She wearing an italian wife beater tank top good for her

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, flong139 said:

so this thread has absolutly no value

F3KQEAM.gif

2 people like this

On 9/22/2019 at 6:36 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

Honestly im supppppppper happy to hear this zeebee.... Basically every single point you hit on are things I've wondered/had hope for.  In my experience, the forums are a very extreme slice of the reality (Im speaking of in game-related stuff)  Most players that play the game regularly don't ever use the forums or only do so here and there.  More still, the types that use the forums are the more outspoken and opinionated individuals of the aggregate... and therefore their ideas about the game are of that flavor.  I worry sometimes that CRS might put too much faith in whatever is discussed in the forums concerning changes.  But your in-game polls approach is a great way to offset the need to get information but not pollute it with a specific sample size.... super glad you shared what you are doing with that.  I am also very happy to hear that some real numbers-crunching (and even transparent results!?!?!??! geeeee!) is being done and considered for gaining better insight.  I have a feeling it will add much to Y'alls abilities for future development.

1 person likes this

On 9/22/2019 at 2:44 PM, dre21 said:

I would say the forum is not a bad place , if one can bring a solution to the problem being discussed . See the Gamey or not gamey post.

Out of all I saw one person actually bring a solution to the table ( that was myself)  every other player just pissed and moaned or attacked the others cause they didn't like what he had to say . 

Isn't the 1st time I brought up FMS solutions to the game , search the suggestion part of it . Started with camped FMS and what not. 

I agree.... though the later seems to be the norm.  ALOT of emotion is invested in these pages......... ALOT more than is healthy or what most people would call "adult character".  Ego's and emotions get triggered....... and before you know it kindergarten has found a place in cyber space.

my main reason for starting this thread is......... I have never seen a game (the players that play a game on the regular) so detached from those that use its forums.  There almost 2 completely different entities at this point....... its kinda scary lol.  Dont get me wrong I enjoy both ........ but the disparity is astonishing.

i think zebbeee was the only one providing data in my no-fms's crusade, even then there were only 2 days of prime-time against 3 weeks of 3-8h inactivity reports.

the disparity is real, and there are 2 completely different games in wwii:ol. in the past few years it's been forced into the forums game philosophy.

i really didn't mind, till the regulars and semi-regulars in my squad disappeared.

looking at tags in-game its obvious my squad wasn't the only one that went through this; the lakes and rivers of squads (my slang for blue-tag squad ops) crashing into towns stopped.

ZEBBEEE, i want to remind you and the rest of crs this is a sub driven game. the forums represent a tiny customer base, go in game and talk to the guys. nobody wants a dead battlefield for "front line simulation" or instant death as a consequence of "ZoC & leadership". we pay to have a good time.