jlewis

PPO in FB

23 posts in this topic

Is it ok to build PPO in FB before its othersides to obstruct its defense ? as in set so tanks or inf cant move ?

25 minutes ago, jlewis said:

Is it ok to build PPO in FB before its othersides to obstruct its defense ? as in set so tanks or inf cant move ?

No. 

Report it if you come across it or see someone doing it please.  

1 person likes this

Although its acceptable if you drive a stug and havent got an mg....(tribute to another thread).

You cant place them to disrupt spawning other than that its fine.

1 person likes this

This has been happening axis did this the other day they built an actual ems on top of where the inf spawn popped up and we could not get out initially as the cheating assswipes started to blow the fb....luckily it was taken down by someone before it became a further issue but seeing the names involved i was not surprised at all

3 people like this

11 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Although its acceptable if you drive a stug and havent got an mg....(tribute to another thread).

You cant place them to disrupt spawning other than that its fine.

There is a fine line there, the FMS is already there, and because of limitations set by the developers, one does what he can do with the tools given . 

Now building an PPO on a spot where one knows something will pop up like the FB is not OK ,   and with that I think we found another item that needs to be looked at . 

I suggest a automatic  no build area where FBs are supposed to be.  Kinda like the Engineer gets the head shake cause he can't build there cause organically there is supposed to be something there.

So maybe once one side looses the FB it's goes into a complete destroyed stage just rubble where the Vehicle and INF spawn is supposed to be. And once the other side looses their FB , the FB for the other side is rebuild.

And once again I came up with an idea and solution. To a problem. 

And cheers for that, but a wee subroutine checking the positions of the local FBs would likely prove a quicker way, as yours might take both coding and art resources.

Frankly, I think they ought to get rid of FBs altogether and put cappable villages in between distant cities, and cappable farmlands and crossroads and forests and swamps as well!

Edited by blggles
3 people like this

12 hours ago, blggles said:

Frankly, I think they ought to get rid of FBs altogether and put cappable villages in between distant cities, and cappable farmlands and crossroads and forests and swamps as well!

12 hours ago, blggles said:

might take both coding and art resources.

On 9/24/2019 at 5:32 AM, Jsilec said:

This has been happening axis did this the other day they built an actual ems on top of where the inf spawn popped up and we could not get out initially as the cheating assswipes started to blow the fb....luckily it was taken down by someone before it became a further issue but seeing the names involved i was not surprised at all

That was my fms and was not intentional . Heavy265 did pull it. I was setting precamp fms was in a hurry didn't even look really when I set it. It let me set it there thought I was far enough away from inf spawn so when it did come up would be next to it not in it.

20 hours ago, dre21 said:

There is a fine line there, the FMS is already there, and because of limitations set by the developers, one does what he can do with the tools given . 

Now building an PPO on a spot where one knows something will pop up like the FB is not OK ,   and with that I think we found another item that needs to be looked at . 

I suggest a automatic  no build area where FBs are supposed to be.  Kinda like the Engineer gets the head shake cause he can't build there cause organically there is supposed to be something there.

So maybe once one side looses the FB it's goes into a complete destroyed stage just rubble where the Vehicle and INF spawn is supposed to be. And once the other side looses their FB , the FB for the other side is rebuild.

And once again I came up with an idea and solution. To a problem. 

Currently if we add a nogo to the terrain it would be global as in neither side could set against that nogo. To have it side specific requires a strat link which is how the fb objects are now controlled. To add a object that stays, is persistent, that is then assigned a nogo against FMS would require hand placement at every existing fb....1 at a time placement. And still would not be side specific unless somehow tied to strat so the PPO knows if it's enemy or friend.  Best guess puts fb number somewhere near 2000 at present.

Not trying to shoot you down, just giving  a best as I can reply.

seen this happen by allies also, 90% of time  it is not intenitional. 

And  Jsilec,  your language fits your  one sided rants

When EVER you take a ballnced  aproach and lojic to equip "imbalances/ team play over all game fun, I may have  "some respect" for anything you say.

I do not take your attitude as truly that of allies, but a  person who only want to win at all cost to the palyer base or game. 

3 hours ago, sgthenning said:

That was my fms and was not intentional . Heavy265 did pull it. I was setting precamp fms was in a hurry didn't even look really when I set it. It let me set it there thought I was far enough away from inf spawn so when it did come up would be next to it not in it.

This makes zero sense. How did you know you where right next to the infantry spawn if you where not looking at the map?  I have preset many FMS to Axis FBs and to get as close to the FB. Im pulling up to the FB with my map open to make sure Im as close to the fb as possible for a fast precamp.  Secondly, why did Heavy have to pull it instead of you... needed to make sure you got guys out first to start sapping? You should have pulled it right away once you knew it was in the inf spawn if it was truly a mistake.  No, I don't believe you for a second, nothing of what you said adds up and I bet if Heavy had not of pulled it, you would not have and you would not have admitted to it either.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, drkmouse said:

seen this happen by allies also, 90% of time  it is not intenitional. 

And  Jsilec,  your language fits your  one sided rants

When EVER you take a ballnced  aproach and lojic to equip "imbalances/ team play over all game fun, I may have  "some respect" for anything you say.

I do not take your attitude as truly that of allies, but a  person who only want to win at all cost to the palyer base or game. 

One sided?...just took my squad axis for a map after those 3 lopsided allied wins and played axis only for the first 5 years i joined the game...i didn’t drop any names i just reported the issue ingame and let the gms/rats handle it but i dont like seeing the ppos/ems’s being clipped by either side....i was in 105thpz/windhund/SG for quite awhile before i went allied....i think i have been pretty even handed when posting about equipment and or imbalance....i do tend to go after the trolls so if that bothers you then i dont know what to tell ya

The very fact that "precamp" is a thing says a lot about the game, actually.

*sigh*

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Currently if we add a nogo to the terrain it would be global as in neither side could set against that nogo. To have it side specific requires a strat link which is how the fb objects are now controlled. To add a object that stays, is persistent, that is then assigned a nogo against FMS would require hand placement at every existing fb....1 at a time placement. And still would not be side specific unless somehow tied to strat so the PPO knows if it's enemy or friend.  Best guess puts fb number somewhere near 2000 at present.

Not trying to shoot you down, just giving  a best as I can reply.

All good, I know it takes coding and all that good stuff, and I have zero knowledge about it. 

But I like to throw ideas out there, possibilities so to speak , anything that I think would enrich the game , like a destroyed FB were a intact one used to be.  I'm also aware that it takes resources to have all that show when one gets into viewing distance. 

If it is in the end possible one the guys that make and code know. I'm content with certain things , like the FB mechanic we have now.

DOes the game engine have any scripting built in? A nogo area sounds like a very scriptable fix, esp if the fbs have a strat link to tie into.

OK... It's bad enough that people are willing to try to actually physically interfere with the FBs.

But the suggestion that the FBs become a no build zone would prevent us from trying to build PPOs to protect our own FBs as well. That sort of thing is exactly what PPOs are supposed to exist for. Making it so I can't build walls and fences to protect my FB would just make things worse. This is not a reasonable solution.

S!S!S!

9 hours ago, stankyus said:

This makes zero sense. How did you know you where right next to the infantry spawn if you where not looking at the map?  I have preset many FMS to Axis FBs and to get as close to the FB. Im pulling up to the FB with my map open to make sure Im as close to the fb as possible for a fast precamp.  Secondly, why did Heavy have to pull it instead of you... needed to make sure you got guys out first to start sapping? You should have pulled it right away once you knew it was in the inf spawn if it was truly a mistake.  No, I don't believe you for a second, nothing of what you said adds up and I bet if Heavy had not of pulled it, you would not have and you would not have admitted to it either.

I was killed heavy pulled it while I was dead and wait to despawn da 

3 hours ago, sgthenning said:

I was killed heavy pulled it while I was dead and wait to despawn da 

No, it still doesn’t make sense as to how you thought you were next to the inf spawn without the map being open. All preset fb runs, even to ones I am very familiar with I have my map open to make sure I’m close. Part of that especially ones I’m familiar with is to make sure I don’t set  inside the spawn. Matter of fact I don’t want to be so close that any defense is immediately on the FMS or that the guys spawning in don’t use it to jump the boxes and sit on the tents inside the spawn for double damage and kill guys leaving the center tent. I don’t like that when it happens to me, I don’t want my guys doing it.

I spawned into that FB multiple times before it was pulled. Time that how you want, but that was more than enough time to realize the FMS was inside the tents as it was the direction I was being shot from. 

when u hade a sd  of  28 sec+ the def can sapwn in multi times  b4 the attacker can respawn

B4 my  las thealth isue and loss of  my  hsort term memory ( and the confusion to go wit it)  i did enough fb def atttack to remebr were  90% of the fbs wer w/o the map

Is this the case now? so idea but sghenning took the horable and admited he was in the wronge on the placement,  the  linching crew needs to put the rope away.

I have sen tons of allid and axis player  clip to get inot a undamged  inf to palce charges inside the inf tenst ( the axis i tell em to get out or  i WILL report them )   many times it is beaucse of  not knownf it is a nono  other times it is those trying to get an unfair adv.    But never will i a palster  and try to humilate and shame a player in these forums if  ther is a chance it was a honest misakte ( i iwl rant and rave sometiems  when not well on caht i game ans e en then i shodl not ;P )

2 hours ago, drkmouse said:

when u hade a sd  of  28 sec+ the def can sapwn in multi times  b4 the attacker can respawn

B4 my  las thealth isue and loss of  my  hsort term memory ( and the confusion to go wit it)  i did enough fb def atttack to remebr were  90% of the fbs wer w/o the map

Is this the case now? so idea but sghenning took the horable and admited he was in the wronge on the placement,  the  linching crew needs to put the rope away.

I have sen tons of allid and axis player  clip to get inot a undamged  inf to palce charges inside the inf tenst ( the axis i tell em to get out or  i WILL report them )   many times it is beaucse of  not knownf it is a nono  other times it is those trying to get an unfair adv.    But never will i a palster  and try to humilate and shame a player in these forums if  ther is a chance it was a honest misakte ( i iwl rant and rave sometiems  when not well on caht i game ans e en then i shodl not ;P )

He admitted it because a RAT pulled the FMS... thats not admitting to anything. Thats a "oh it was accidental" after the fact. Second the guys defending the FB and getting killed had the names of the ppl spawning inside the inf spawn.. hardly a secret. Third, 28 SD gives the ML plenty of time to delete the FMS.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:15 PM, Quincannon said:

OK... It's bad enough that people are willing to try to actually physically interfere with the FBs.

But the suggestion that the FBs become a no build zone would prevent us from trying to build PPOs to protect our own FBs as well. That sort of thing is exactly what PPOs are supposed to exist for. Making it so I can't build walls and fences to protect my FB would just make things worse. This is not a reasonable solution.

S!S!S!

We are talking where the fb tents would be ,   around it is still buildable. But player actually build a PPO where the Tents pop up. 

And with that your spawned personal gets stuck in said ppo.