• Announcements

    • CHIMM

      RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

      CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
gavalink

OS 10.15 Catalina has been released

16 posts in this topic

Ya...saw that...didn't install because.......

well you know.

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an exclusive Apple user (computers, iPhone, iPad) my enthusiasm for the company and it's products continually diminish. All of the primary non-Apple software and hardware that I use have said hold off on the upgrade.

Edited by gavalink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well...I have windows in bootcamp install...so I may just go that way for a while.

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like im out of the game until the rats get a mac version up and the billing worked out . S\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully sooner than later but might not be for another month or two. We have done some initial testing but it does need fixes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks SCKING...good to know... in time for xmas I hope.

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 2:44 AM, SCKING said:

Hopefully sooner than later but might not be for another month or two. We have done some initial testing but it does need fixes. 

Fully appreciate that you’re a volunteer Scking, so this post is not directed at you in any shape or form.

@XOOM I, and others, contributed to a funding drive (one of many) when it was made clear that this drive would support the 64-bit upgrade. it is disappointing that this benchmark has not been met, and I certainly will not delay downloading an upgraded experience (which is needed to align my iPhone and iPad for work and family related activities).

The funding drive was in spring 2018: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fundraiser-2018-wwii-online#/ and over £30,000 was raised. I find it very difficult to understand why you have failed to meet the 64-bit deadline when you essentially received cash some 18-months ago for this reason.

Edited by poker
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, You should not roll back if you have gone to Catalina.

 

 

XOOM and team knew about this. They asked for special fund and didn’t deliver. With a year and a half lead time, they own this error.

Apple DOES NOT recommend their users to hold off of updates. And service or software telling Apple users NOT to upgrade will be fined directly.

 

get the update out TODAY

Edited by fuzzycoco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll get an update on this tomorrow evening and let you know the latest.

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, poker said:

Fully appreciate that you’re a volunteer Scking, so this post is not directed at you in any shape or form.

@XOOM I, and others, contributed to a funding drive (one of many) when it was made clear that this drive would support the 64-bit upgrade. it is disappointing that this benchmark has not been met, and I certainly will not delay downloading an upgraded experience (which is needed to align my iPhone and iPad for work and family related activities).

The funding drive was in spring 2018: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fundraiser-2018-wwii-online#/ and over £30,000 was raised. I find it very difficult to understand why you have failed to meet the 64-bit deadline when you essentially received cash some 18-months ago for this reason.

We are almost ready as the guys have indicated to roll this out. I realize it is coming later than expected, even for us, and we are moving as quickly as we can to get this rolled out. 

 

 
 
 
1
1 hour ago, fuzzycoco said:

Yeah, You should not roll back if you have gone to Catalina.

XOOM and team knew about this. They asked for special fund and didn’t deliver. With a year and a half lead time, they own this error.

Apple DOES NOT recommend their users to hold off of updates. And service or software telling Apple users NOT to upgrade will be fined directly.

get the update out TODAY

No one is standing here to make excuses, we can only deal with the reality. Our current goal as mentioned is to haul ass and get this through to delivery. We're working on it as quickly as we can and we have not forgotten or created any intentional delay to stall this out.

We're almost there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done, is presenting the 64 patch.

Anything else is just words. You have quite a history of presenting words before action.

 

Close this thread....

XOOM get it done now. (period, full stop, end of story)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The small volunteer team is working as fast as they can.  The patch will be out when it is ready     LOCK

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know.  You guys are very dedicated and it is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.