dre21

Pay pal only?

23 posts in this topic

Question how long before the whole new account thing is set up.

As it sounds everyone has to go through this pay pal thing now  ( for now ) to be able to play. 

I'm assuming that if I don't set it up, my card won't be charged next billing cycle.

Also when will this be going into effect ? By what time frame does one have to have it set up.

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Question how long before the whole new account thing is set up.

As it sounds everyone has to go through this pay pal thing now  ( for now ) to be able to play. 

I'm assuming that if I don't set it up, my card won't be charged next billing cycle.

Also when will this be going into effect ? By what time frame does one have to have it set up.

We want the new system as soon as possible. There isn't a higher priority right now amongst those who are capable of working on it.

Yes. PayPal is currently the only way to keep your account current at the moment. 

If you were set up with the old processor then I believe you are correct as their system is no longer functional.

This is currently active. Those who have not prepaid beyond this point will have to pay via PayPal in order keep their account active. 

Hopefully this is just for one billing cycle. What sucks is that when the new service is in, everyone will have to reset their accounts again for the new processor :( This is definitely not a fun process for anyone and would have been much smoother if the old processor would have informed us earlier than they did.  

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, SCKING said:

We want the new system as soon as possible. There isn't a higher priority right now amongst those who are capable of working on it.

Yes. PayPal is currently the only way to keep your account current at the moment. 

If you were set up with the old processor then I believe you are correct as their system is no longer functional.

This is currently active. Those who have not prepaid beyond this point will have to pay via PayPal in order keep their account active. 

Hopefully this is just for one billing cycle. What sucks is that when the new service is in, everyone will have to reset their accounts again for the new processor :( This is definitely not a fun process for anyone and would have been much smoother if the old processor would have informed us earlier than they did.  

Looks like I'll be inactive till you guys have the new system up and running .

Please make an announcement in the Forums when that is the case. I doubt I'm gonna jump through one hoop ( aka pay pal) just to reset subscription a month later ( I hope )

15 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Looks like I'll be inactive till you guys have the new system up and running .

Please make an announcement in the Forums when that is the case. I doubt I'm gonna jump through one hoop ( aka pay pal) just to reset subscription a month later ( I hope )

rgr... I am sure @XOOM will be shouting it from the roof top once the new system is live as there is no one more eager to have this done.

1 person likes this

and BTW, I have been told you do not need to open a PayPal account to process the payment. Just need to enter you credit card information. So not sure how its much more of a hassle than ordering anything online. But maybe that's just me.

I paid yesterday, and it worked fine til today (and I got a receipt that it was paid), now I'm unsubbed again. So I have paid, but can't play. Submitted a ticket a while ago.

I been trying to sub my alt accounts, nothing works - no pay now in Profile.

Subscription tab don't work.

Please keep working it.

1 hour ago, tater said:

Mine worked, and took my money. Then I played last night, and a little today, now I'm unsubbed again.

try now ... pm me directly if it locks you out again @tater

1 hour ago, OHM said:

try now ... pm me directly if it locks you out again @tater

Whatever you did, it worked. Thanks!

<S>

18 hours ago, SCKING said:

and BTW, I have been told you do not need to open a PayPal account to process the payment. Just need to enter you credit card information. So not sure how its much more of a hassle than ordering anything online. But maybe that's just me.

I get it. But I rather do things once and not have to redo things. Also the less my card number is out there the happier I am . 

Having it in your system Fine , worked since 2001, to just go that route for 1 month , I'll pass and wait , but as soon you guys have your system up I'm there again. 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, dre21 said:

I get it. But I rather do things once and not have to redo things. Also the less my card number is out there the happier I am . 

Having it in your system Fine , worked since 2001, to just go that route for 1 month , I'll pass and wait , but as soon you guys have your system up I'm there again. 

It wasn't in our system at any point, it was in Cybersource (Wells Fargo's) just to be clear which is highly secure. And when our cards can be accepted again (hoping very soon!) then it will be in another merchant's system. At no time does CRS / Playnet retain that data.

Why in the heck would Cybersource all of the sudden insist on pulling the plug on certain customers with very little notice? I mean - I don't think they are closing up shop so far as I could determine. Did they require  you to complete a PCI DSS audit or something? That can be a bear to get through - but still they allow you time to go through the paperwork and perform the audit. I know you said no cardholder data was stored on your servers - but even storing a token is enough to screw ya' on that front. Is that really what happened? 

Or .... I guess if you start getting too many chargebacks and such, they can probably boot ya with short notice. Either way - it surely stinks.

Edited by choad

1 hour ago, choad said:

Why in the heck would Cybersource all of the sudden insist on pulling the plug on certain customers with very little notice? I mean - I don't think they are closing up shop so far as I could determine. Did they require  you to complete a PCI DSS audit or something? That can be a bear to get through - but still they allow you time to go through the paperwork and perform the audit. I know you said no cardholder data was stored on your servers - but even storing a token is enough to screw ya' on that front. Is that really what happened? 

Or .... I guess if you start getting too many chargebacks and such, they can probably boot ya with short notice. Either way - it surely stinks.

No Choad, it's not because of chargebacks. It's because our legacy billing system has become too archaic for them to support. We have had it on our list for sometime to transition from this, however they provided us zero notice, we actually had to call them in the middle of renewing our API key to find this out, and they basically said, "Yup, can't help you." After 20 years of doing business with them, it's the biggest slap in the face you could possibly imagine.

So, CRS is having to do a 6 month project in a 2 month time window. Very difficult. That's why the PayPal thing is happening currently, and it's really important that people step up and make their payments instead of saying "I'll wait" because we're already dealing with enough pain from this uncontrollable event.

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

No Choad, it's not because of chargebacks. It's because our legacy billing system has become too archaic for them to support. We have had it on our list for sometime to transition from this, however they provided us zero notice, we actually had to call them in the middle of renewing our API key to find this out, and they basically said, "Yup, can't help you." After 20 years of doing business with them, it's the biggest slap in the face you could possibly imagine.

So, CRS is having to do a 6 month project in a 2 month time window. Very difficult. That's why the PayPal thing is happening currently, and it's really important that people step up and make their payments instead of saying "I'll wait" because we're already dealing with enough pain from this uncontrollable event.

Well Xoom, you know I really like this game and it does look like I / we ( wife) have /had a pay pal account at one time , figured out the email last night , today it be the password reset or maybe we remember it. So I'll sign up cause I know the pain right now is deep with all that is going on.

7 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Well Xoom, you know I really like this game and it does look like I / we ( wife) have /had a pay pal account at one time , figured out the email last night , today it be the password reset or maybe we remember it. So I'll sign up cause I know the pain right now is deep with all that is going on.

Appreciate that. I apologize that this happened in the first place, we had no warning :(. But we're working on that solution as quickly as we can.

Hey all..

Wow this is too bad, not great timing on many fronts...

So much extra work for the team and confusion for some players....

I won't use PayPal.

The only time I have ever had issues with stolen cards was within days or weeks of a PayPal transaction. Mostly for Marklin train stuff from different vendors so it not the shops... I'm sorry guys but I just won't do it.. Mebbe it's a coincidence but 3 for 3 over a period of a couple years just isn't right...

I want to keep my Sub the way it is, are there other options to keep the Sub going?

Regards Monty

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, montyuno said:

Hey all..

Wow this is too bad, not great timing on many fronts...

So much extra work for the team and confusion for some players....

I won't use PayPal.

The only time I have ever had issues with stolen cards was within days or weeks of a PayPal transaction. Mostly for Marklin train stuff from different vendors so it not the shops... I'm sorry guys but I just won't do it.. Mebbe it's a coincidence but 3 for 3 over a period of a couple years just isn't right...

I want to keep my Sub the way it is, are there other options to keep the Sub going?

Regards Monty

Marklin?  What scale?

Ello,

Z & HO, would love to put in a garden railway but not happening anytime soon lol...

Cheers Monty

15 minutes ago, montyuno said:

Ello,

Z & HO, would love to put in a garden railway but not happening anytime soon lol...

Cheers Monty

Hmm, life long N scale here, course Rapido was the 1960s mothership for that scale and its still tough at times to avoid the German look to buildings, but it done growed up.

Z scale is the way to go for big runs through natural settings, but I'm an industry and switching/interchange operations type.  Z so far isn't very good for urban/industrial.

You can follow a lot of my train posting in OT.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, dre21 said:

Putting this out there again, players DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR NEED TO LOG INTO PAYPAL in order to pay their account subscription. There is a "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option which does not need any login to Paypal at all.

PayPal-Screenshot.png

10 minutes ago, matamor said:

Can I pay with stats?

Insufficient funds....

5 people like this