• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Jsilec

Cap timers and SD change at all?

21 posts in this topic

Today seemed odd with sd/cap timers definitely felt different from recent fights ,was something changed?...genuinely curious

..... iono......... when you play this game for 12 hours a day for some months you start to get a pretty good feel for things

.... Like how the mp40 dispersion spread is at least 30% more than the last campaign?

.... or how a smaller % of OP player numbers trigger higher sd and cap timers since last week?

..... or many months ago a p3h could kill a mattys gunner no problem at 800M....... now only within 3 to 400 M maybe

But alas

conspiracy theories abound!

Edited by kgarner

18 hours ago, kgarner said:

..... iono......... when you play this game for 12 hours a day for some months you start to get a pretty good feel for things

.... Like how the mp40 dispersion spread is at least 30% more than the last campaign?

.... or how a smaller % of OP player numbers trigger higher sd and cap timers since last week?

..... or many months ago a p3h could kill a mattys gunner no problem at 800M....... now only within 3 to 400 M maybe

But alas

All of that stuff takes a considerable amount of time for a developer to change, they are all flat out with huge workloads so I very much doubt any of it has been changed.

Edited by Nick

6 hours ago, Nick said:

All of that stuff takes a considerable amount of time for a developer to change, they are all flat out with huge workloads so I very much doubt any of it has been changed.

And to add to what Nick said, most of the claims would require them to download a new client in order to make those changes and there hasn't been a new client.

How much time and how many new clients did it take to push all the building together creating more of a maze arena?

now that many buildings are connected to each other....... there are limited avenues of direction....... Often you look at the map and pick a direction to start heading to a cp.......... only to find that isn't viable due to the new rat maze constraints

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

How much time and how many new clients did it take to push all the building together creating more of a maze arena?

now that many buildings are connected to each other....... there are limited avenues of direction....... Often you look at the map and pick a direction to start heading to a cp.......... only to find that isn't viable due to the new rat maze constraints

Most towns are unchanged from what I've experienced. Same old Diest, same old Jodo.

2 hours ago, kgarner said:

They were a part of the changes Doc made many years ago but were only implemented when we did our first terrain changes little over a year ago

1.35.14.0 released August 1st, 2018 is when those changes were made.

6 hours ago, kgarner said:

Which town? Never seen that anywhere, we have a 360 Degrees open arena with porous buildings everywhere, not even close of what a real Belgian town looks like. Btw I live in Belgium 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Which town? Never seen that anywhere, we have a 360 Degrees open arena with porous buildings everywhere, not even close of what a real Belgian town look like. Btw I live in Belgium 

What should a 1940s Belgian town be laid out like given our current building set?

huh...... I'm trying to remember the last time I seen 3 rats comment in a single thread?

I don't even think 3 showed up in the billing issues thread did they?

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

huh...... I'm trying to remember the last time I seen 3 rats comment in a single thread?

I don't even think 3 showed up in the billing issues thread did they?

If you're referring to the thread...... in the Barracks...... go count again......

I think under differing conditions then 'normal' flaws in the system can be revealed, particularly with WBS where more then usual are logging in or out at different times at higher numbers.

In particular sampling rates and average mean times can be different for SD vs. cap timers, they seem to ramp up or down at different times, and I'm not sure I trust the counting mechanism in the first place.  It was the problem that drove off Karellean when SD was the only mechanism.  Also, a high percentage of air guys can skew the results such that you can show overpop and be underpop in all your ground battles.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:13 AM, kgarner said:

But alas

i lived on a deserted island with a potato pc; gaming time was 4-12h. familiar with all of this

restart the game every 2 hours.

4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I think under differing conditions then 'normal' flaws in the system can be revealed, particularly with WBS where more then usual are logging in or out at different times at higher numbers.

In particular sampling rates and average mean times can be different for SD vs. cap timers, they seem to ramp up or down at different times, and I'm not sure I trust the counting mechanism in the first place.  It was the problem that drove off Karellean when SD was the only mechanism.  Also, a high percentage of air guys can skew the results such that you can show overpop and be underpop in all your ground battles.

Could be.....  There as always been an issue with lag between pop % and it translating into sd and cap timers...... Im fairly certain it isn't instantaneous.  

5 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

If you're referring to the thread...... in the Barracks...... go count again......

uhmmm ............. but you get my point right?

4 hours ago, kgarner said:

uhmmm ............. but you get my point right?

Not really.............isn't more RATs replying to forum threads...............a good thing?

yeah of course it is.....

it's just.... well

I don't usually see firemen 

unless there is a fire

4 hours ago, kgarner said:

yeah of course it is.....

it's just.... well

I don't usually see firemen 

unless there is a fire

Bs you have firemen calendars hanging in your closet....probably have some weird fetish with bunker gear you sick son of a b