XOOM

New Bunkers: TOP 10 town list

35 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, choad said:

Place them in spots where the most predictable cuts happen at map start ... La Fare i think, i could be wrong. 

Put your list together!

Okay just got done with our chat with the Production team, and we've come up with an official list that we've now put into motion.

Thanks for your participation and feedback, we incorporated that and some additional ideas. I don't normally share this amount of detail before something is implemented, but it does make for great discussion and gives you some insight in-advance for what's coming.

New placements for Bunkers (Starting progress)

1. Dinant: Pentagon bunker (Westside)
    1. Update WAB AI Zones of fire
  2. Schilde: City Bunker (Cement)
  3. Grobbendonk: Pentagon
  4. Leuven: Pentagon
    1. Face bunker entry to the NW
  5. Namur NAB: Pentagon Bunker
    1. Remove walls and non-military buildings
    2. Maneuver fortifications to better defensive positions
    3. Add in ruins or other militaristic (non-start) buildings nearby
  6. Verdun EAB: Pentagon bunker
    1. Remove walls
    2. Adjust positions of infantry spawns to avoid camping
    3. Adjust AI positions for maximum bunker coverage
    4. Add spawnable depot at Notre Dame to maximize fighting/hilltop command
      1. We want that hilltop to have more climactic battles
    5. Add ruins on the mouth of the east forest, 45* angle facing NW for defensive positions and/or offensive positions
      1. This will add a different flavor in the area here
  7. Longwy: Swap both bunkers to the concrete bunkers
  8. Ramet: Pentagon, facing east.
  9. Tielt: Pentagon, south bunker
  10. Vlissingen, cement bunker

Nice! Will they go in piecemeal with upcoming patches or all at once?

Barring issues the ones listed should all be in the same patch (may not be the next one as we never know what we may find until we have them in a terrain we can test)

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, XOOM said:

1. Verdun EAB: Pentagon bunker
    1. Remove walls
    2. Adjust positions of infantry spawns to avoid camping
    3. Adjust AI positions for maximum bunker coverage
    4. Add spawnable depot at Notre Dame to maximize fighting/hilltop command
      1. We want that hilltop to have more climactic battles
    5. Add ruins on the mouth of the east forest, 45* angle facing NW for defensive positions and/or offensive positions
      1. This will add a different flavor in the area here

This sounds very appealing and interesting... with one mmm not so sure.. 

If you are removing the walls of the AB are you or have you placed buildings on the E side of the VEH?  Even with walls its difficult to spawn armor with 88s in the hills. There is very little manuevering room.  Likewise adding the buildings near the inf spawns adds the protection needed not just for the inf, but to the VEH when the Allies get tanks across to the RR station. TBH, the EAB should get a series of buildings on the E/W and S sides if we are looking for a more interesting E side fight then what we have already.

4 hours ago, stankyus said:

This sounds very appealing and interesting... with one mmm not so sure.. 

If you are removing the walls of the AB are you or have you placed buildings on the E side of the VEH?  Even with walls its difficult to spawn armor with 88s in the hills. There is very little manuevering room.  Likewise adding the buildings near the inf spawns adds the protection needed not just for the inf, but to the VEH when the Allies get tanks across to the RR station. TBH, the EAB should get a series of buildings on the E/W and S sides if we are looking for a more interesting E side fight then what we have already.

We looked at the nearby bunkers in the area and we'll be positioning / moving items around to avoid camping and creating a situation where defenders will have a solid opportunity.

We want Verdun to be a tough nut to crack, and we believe these changes will make that play environment quite challenging and memorable.

14 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Nice! Will they go in piecemeal with upcoming patches or all at once?

There's a strong probability that this will go in all together on one patch, that will be our goal. As @OLDZEKE has rightly indicated, there may be some unforeseen issue preventing that, but it's our goal to achieve this in one swoop.

Presently, we have a hotfix coming to correct a recent issue that crept up with the patch, as well as pushing rapidly for 64-bit refinement/deployment.

S! 

8 hours ago, XOOM said:

We looked at the nearby bunkers in the area and we'll be positioning / moving items around to avoid camping and creating a situation where defenders will have a solid opportunity.

We want Verdun to be a tough nut to crack, and we believe these changes will make that play environment quite challenging and memorable.

If I am invisioning correctly the changes already look to have hardened the area. As long as EAB has reasonable protections from the current long distance camp issue. The hill spawn brings that area into a battle royal. I’m interested to which spawn link it is going to be connected to. It is a fun city to defend in a infantry fight.

When we had the meeting with our terrain guy we expressed to him we wanted cover added as well as AI repositioned to cover these new placements. I had a dev version of the game loaded and was sharing screen so we could all see how the bunkers would fit in with what was already there and what may need moved to make better gameplay. We want to do the best we can the 1st try on these.

1 hour ago, OLDZEKE said:

When we had the meeting with our terrain guy we expressed to him we wanted cover added as well as AI repositioned to cover these new placements. I had a dev version of the game loaded and was sharing screen so we could all see how the bunkers would fit in with what was already there and what may need moved to make better gameplay. We want to do the best we can the 1st try on these.

Im sure you guys will do a great job in the town. Several of my  fun infantry fight memories is in Verdun.  EAB has always needed a rework. It is sitting in a fish bowl pretty much isolated, kinda like Longwy EAB, but at least Longwy EAB hills are pretty much in lethal range for the defense. Its not a easy hill camp without serious effort , numbers and coordination to keep it. My immediate reaction to Verdun EAB dropping the walls widened my eyes a bit.  When the Allies are taking the town, the AB is a pretty easy camp from the RR station IF you can get across.. When the Axis are taking it, with 88 gun cover or similar, the East side is almost impossible to get armor out.  Bottom line ATM it is MUCH easier to take Verdun from the East, than from the West.  Not saying its a easy town for anyone mind you.  Sounds like Verdun is going to go from a fun town to a Epic town to fight in.

BTW Have you all ever thought of adding roads that dead end at locations that are not links?  I can see several areas where road tiles to location like ruins etc or Verdun Abby.. hint hint.  MB even cart paths.. dirt or gravel?