• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
nc0gnet0

Multiple accounts accounts need to be eliminated.......

77 posts in this topic

The elephant in the room. Everyone is well aware this is being gamed, and not used for the purpose intended. 

Each player that spawns into game needs to have a unique IP address. You want to play two accounts? Do it on two computers. 

Players at map or AFK for more than 2 minutes need to be eliminated from the cap and spawn timers equation. 

There is an issue with lag in that is being exploited by certain players running two accounts on one machine that CRS refuses to address. Take one of your two accounts and having him staring into the distance, then take the other player and you can clear a bunker because it takes 3-5 seconds to die. I have witnessed this at Fb take-downs as well. 

Edited by nc0gnet0

No, my 2nd account used almost always for truck.

Towing, ammo, MS, etc.

Not to mention, how much revenue would be lost?

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

I use mine for my para plane , no one else would fly me around like I want

29 minutes ago, tatonka said:

I use mine for my para plane , no one else would fly me around like I want

I am not saying that ALL users are misusing them. That doesn't change the fact some are. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, delems said:

No, my 2nd account used almost always for truck.

Towing, ammo, MS, etc.

Not to mention, how much revenue would be lost?

Doesn't matter how much revenue is lost. Not a big fan of "pay to win".

The fact is, if it is broke, you either fix it or get rid of it. Period. 

personally, I have always taken the stance that 95% of the devs time should be spent fixing long lingering bugs, not new equipment, etc. 

No.

[censored] off.

Any other questions?

1 person likes this

Got one recently using his 2nd account spying, spawning in game world and despawning in 10 secs to see where people were located on defense, reported it.

39 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Yes

KMA

No thanks.

Won't stop cheating as then people would just cheat with their one account and use non-game comms to communicate their cheaty findings, just would stop simultaneous both side cheaters or make it somewhat easier to report cheaters that are stupid.

Won't stop coding cheats.

Won't stop technically savvy people who would spoof the IP or create virtual IPs.

Will stop ATGers like me from towing heavy ATGs, or the occasional drive two trucks at once to really set up an attack, or FB busts where I can set FMS, scout FB, then run in truck and engineer.

You did notice Hero accounts have a towing account?  People like those.

Edited by Kilemall

If I can't use 2 accounts, I'm not playing this game. 

If you are an AA/ATG user, you need 2 accounts. If I can't tow myself, I don't play.  

Simple as that. 

3 people like this

Using multiple accounts is acceptable, abusing the system and using two or more accounts simultaneously on opposing sides, is completely unacceptable and quickly leads to a TOS violation/moderation.

4 people like this

56 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

If I can't use 2 accounts, I'm not playing this game. 

If you are an AA/ATG user, you need 2 accounts. If I can't tow myself, I don't play.  

Simple as that. 

I am fine with second accounts limited to truck/tow use. 

33 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Using multiple accounts is acceptable, abusing the system and using two or more accounts simultaneously on opposing sides, is completely unacceptable and quickly leads to a TOS violation/moderation.

Then you need to address the lag issue it causes pronto. There is a direct correlation here. I have fired three rounds into an incoming engineer only to watch them keep coming and place their charges before they die, It's not a coincidence that these people are running two accounts. 

Is running two accounts with both accounts spawned in as Inf really what you had in mind when you introduced this?

You don't even need to be in game to have an effect, second accounts can just be sitting at the map to have an effect on spawn/cap timers. How can we report what we don't see? How about some in game and at map transparency in game?

Leaving your second account clone guarding a depot is gamey at best. It's just being used to alert the player that the depot this clone is at is under cap. Pay to win. 

Edited by nc0gnet0
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

No thanks.

Won't stop cheating as then people would just cheat with their one account and use non-game comms to communicate their cheaty findings, just would stop simultaneous both side cheaters or make it somewhat easier to report cheaters that are stupid.

Won't stop coding cheats.

Won't stop technically savvy people who would spoof the IP or create virtual IPs.

Will stop ATGers like me from towing heavy ATGs, or the occasional drive two trucks at once to really set up an attack, or FB busts where I can set FMS, scout FB, then run in truck and engineer.

You did notice Hero accounts have a towing account?  People like those.

So I guess the police should not enforce speed limits because it does not cut down on shop lifting? 

lame argument. 

27 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Leaving your second account clone guarding a depot is gamey at best. It's just being used to alert the player that the depot this clone is at is under cap. Pay to win. 

That's why we have to remove the white skulls from map subito presto.

1 hour ago, nc0gnet0 said:

I also use my 2nd account for FB defense.   

Restricting people to 1 account is bad, especially in the state the game is in now. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

So I guess the police should not enforce speed limits because it does not cut down on shop lifting? 

lame argument. 

You posit a metaphor/thought experiment that does not fit.

It's more like banning trailers because some people wreck in them.  I want my trailer, and feel free to ticket the ones who misuse their trailers, but banning trailers does not stop speeding.

Trying to sell this as a primary anti-cheat policy, and I say ridiculous and am pointing out all the ways it doesn't, while doing harm to people like me.

You're not getting this, not because of me arguing here, but because it cuts out several forms of play in exchange to catch a few abusers that need to be caught other ways, and cuts out revenue for little gain.

Save yourself the frustration, drop it.

Edited by Kilemall

3 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

How big of you.

The Hero towing account allows other spawning.

Ya.  NOT happening.

3 hours ago, Kilemall said:

You posit a metaphor/thought experiment that does not fit.

It's more like banning trailers because some people wreck in them.  I want my trailer, and feel free to ticket the ones who misuse their trailers, but banning trailers does not stop speeding.

Trying to sell this as a primary anti-cheat policy, and I say ridiculous and am pointing out all the ways it doesn't, while doing harm to people like me.

You're not getting this, not because of me arguing here, but because it cuts out several forms of play in exchange to catch a few abusers that need to be caught other ways, and cuts out revenue for little gain.

Save yourself the frustration, drop it.

Sorry, not going to drop it. As long as it can be used as a form of cheat, it should not be allowed until it's fixed. 

the fact that there are still other ways to cheat is irrelevant. 

Want to play on two accounts? 

Play on two computers. 

59 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Sorry, not going to drop it. As long as it can be used as a form of cheat, it should not be allowed until it's fixed. 

the fact that there are still other ways to cheat is irrelevant. 

Want to play on two accounts? 

Play on two computers. 

I'm taking this REAL PERSONAL, and the only reason I am not going total roto-rooter on you is I feel that confident it won't be done.

So flap away, won't happen.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, XOOM said:

I think something so easy to code out of the game ought to be. That is, 2nd account on opposing sides watching missions, same computer, same IP. If you wanna go all loser and skirt the system with a VPN on your 2nd account account ... well congrats you are a d-bag. But for 99% of the unimaginative types ... this would eliminate problem cold. Do not understand why this has not been done yet.

Other than that ... no issues with multiple accounts for towing and such. 

"Want to play on two accounts? 

Play on two computers."

FYI, they would still have the same IP address.  What they would actually need to have different IP addresses are two different internet connections.

Unless, of course, they use software to spoof or have VPNs to avail themselves of.   You could even have a virtual machine going, or an emulator.  This stuff is all free on the net.  I use an android emulator to run android apps on my Windows 10 box, for example.

My objection is a little different to what has been stated so far.  Anyone with the mindset to cheat will easily circumvent even the ban on multiple accounts.  If they are already willing to PAY for the second account which they plan on cheating with, then there really aren't any lengths they won't go to.  A ban on multiple accounts just won't achieve the desired goal.

From a technical point of view, though, there might be more robust detection measures that could be implemented.   For all I know, some of these already exist.

Personally, I've seen so many weird things in this game that I'm inclined to doubt very much that 99% of the suspicious stuff is truly malevolent.  

2 people like this

I'm extremely far in the other direction from getting rid of second accounts, I say make multiple avatars the norm.

Let people spawn in as inf, exit---without despawning---then spawn in again (also as inf, or ATGs). Then let them switch between the 2 (or 3, or 4) units using the 1, 2, 3, 4 keys.

We need more units in the game world, all the time. We need more inf most of all. Yeah, if everyone can spawn 4 inf, 3/4 of the inf in the game will be standing still doing nothing all the time. So what. If you keep your 3-4 inf together, you are actually a small unit. If 3 people managed to cooperate in serially advancing their little groups of inf, they'd actually be playing a squad's worth of men. Only 3 would be active at a time, but it would be a gameplay improvement.

There's a differential from a low cost to a Premium account, too, the number of inf you get to spawn.

Note that spawning 4 inf and switching between them like crew differs from tank, aircraft, or naval crew... not at all.

2 people like this

I like that idea, Tater.  I think you may have mentioned it before, too, but it didn't quite register to me how it would work.  I think they'd all have to be out of the same mission at least, though.  Might give 'missions' a real purpose, finally... especially if more teeth were given to mission leaders to ensure that the people spawning the mission are fulfilling the objective of the mission.  I wonder how kills of the temporarily unmanned clones would be registered, though.  Should they count as regular kills, or only as kills after they are manned.  Or half kills.  And do each one pull from the supply list?  I ask these questions because this could be a griefer or stat-monger opportunity.  But generally, it might work.  I might even welcome it when the pop finally reaches 5,000 players again.  :)

2 hours ago, choad said:

I think something so easy to code out of the game ought to be. That is, 2nd account on opposing sides watching missions, same computer, same IP. If you wanna go all loser and skirt the system with a VPN on your 2nd account account ... well congrats you are a d-bag. But for 99% of the unimaginative types ... this would eliminate problem cold. Do not understand why this has not been done yet.

Other than that ... no issues with multiple accounts for towing and such. 

I would have no problems of multiple accounts if CRS would eliminate the issues that it brings with it. 

Make who is online transparent to everyone. Should show who is at map and who in in game. Doesn't need to go as far as to show where they are. Sort this list by IP, as well as by player name. There is no reason to keep this information a secret. Also would help us sort out spawn and cap timer bugs. You could also go as far as to show their ping/packet loss. 

Much stricter rules on Ping and packet loss for those who run multiple accounts. And better coding to monitor this. It's not coincidence that most of the laggiest players in the game are running 2,3 and 4 accounts. 

When you fire three rounds into someone and he keeps coming at you and kills you, this is a problem. When you have some poor soul that has been guarding a AB bunker for an hour or more only to have some dual account lagmaster come in a clear that bunker, even though you clearly dam near emptied a full clip in him  before he fired, this is a problem. It should not happen in game, period. 

Spare me the straw man arguments of the multitude of other ways a player can cheat, even if this was removed and or fixed. Doesn't change a thing. 

Stop implementing changes that introduce even more bugs. Hell, there are still bugs in game from 2002 that remain unfixed. Why introduce more? 

Witness the spawn timer/ grey enter bug. You side is OP, you wait your 20-30 second count down timer, then hit enter, only to have the enter button go grey. Now wait another 20-30 seconds, again, and maybe THIS time you can get in game, after being forced to watch the "did you know" screen for 4x the normal time period. Another case of a "fix" that breaks more than it fix's. This has been going on for how long now? 

Was taking down an Axis FB last night, Veh spawn had no damage. Yet, when we blew the INF spawn, the Fb turned sides with no damage to the Veh spawn. WTF? 

Crawled up a stairway in a depot, could only see the axis players foot as he hid behind railing. Shot him in the foot. He died. yet, shot Sorella three times in the chest in/near the heart at a FB I was defending, it had no effect and he managed to place two charges on the inf spawn, then, and only then did he die. WTF? 

These are the things that are killing the game IMO. 

Edited by nc0gnet0
1 person likes this