• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CycloneX

A very strange thing has happened

6 posts in this topic

To my amazement the Return to Castle Wolfenstein servers came back on line several months ago and they are a huge success. It's the exact same game from 2002. Same graphics, same everything. So, why did everyone come back? Game play. What was fun back then is still fun now. Granted, it's free if you legit bought the game. Just wondering perhaps if CRS would consider a one-time "buy the game"  fee and no monthly costs. The RtCW servers are full again with multiple squads and servers doing it all again just like back in the day. It's not because it's great graphics or anything, it's the exact same thing we had in the early 2000s. I'm literally playing the game on a vintage 2002 computer with the original software and kicking arse!  It's just a very challenging but fun MMOLRPG. I don't know if any of this helps WWIIOL but just know game play rules over urber graphics, etc. Best wishes to the community and this game was my fav of all time. Being a Mac user just can't play it anymore.

CycloneX , once we move to 64bit you will be able to play again as the new mac OS doesn't support 32bit .  We are testing 64bit and hope to get it changed soon.

1 person likes this

Another out of the box suggestion. Roku TV is becoming a thing, perhaps if CRS wants to continue a monthly fee they could investigate creating a WWIIOL channel on RoKu that offers some good TV streaming options. There is quite a bit of pubic domain stuff you could stream for users for next to nothing. WWII stuff is out there for free that you could get rights to stream in a channel. Just a thought. :)

I used to love that game .... then it got all sketchy with more bots than players and weird maps and just tons of crap to suss through. Glad they got it back on track.

Choad, bots are gone it's  just basic RtCW at it's best. Best map is Depot, but it's hard to forget Beach. That map is a bytch!

--------

CRS, I was just looking and I see we can get a WWIIOL channel on RoKu no problem. Nothing there like it. I did web work for CRS a bit in the day, so I can help put it up if CRS likes. If you would like to explore this e-mail me or call, u should still have my contact info.  I think a WWIIOL channel on RoKu could be helpful. We could put not only real TV content (yes, some History Channel content can be streamed for free) but also CRS and player video as well. We could steam CRS shows, player events, whatever, it's a TV channel.

1 hour ago, CycloneX said:

Another out of the box suggestion. Roku TV is becoming a thing, perhaps if CRS wants to continue a monthly fee they could investigate creating a WWIIOL channel on RoKu that offers some good TV streaming options. There is quite a bit of pubic domain stuff you could stream for users for next to nothing. WWII stuff is out there for free that you could get rights to stream in a channel. Just a thought. :)

Unlike arena games people can join our game and use intel gathered via livestream.  There would need to be a delay.

And preferably sound so viewers get both the game sounds and hopefully a helpful commentator on mic explaining what is going on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0