• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waky

Battleground Europe

3 posts in this topic

Should all references to Battleground Europe (BE) be gone from my computer?

I am still seeing BE in the registry, can these be safely deleted now?

I also deleted the existing WWIIOnline program and then d/l the new install but I get a message on starting that there is an old settings and do I want to use them (I said no).

Where are the old settings so I can delete them?

Edited by waky

Hello waky, how are you?

WWIIOnline no longer uses any references to Battleground Europe BUT as you have seen there may still be references to Battleground Europe within your computer. A successful uninstall will remove any the game client uses, however the system also creates references to the various programs that are run on the system. Battleground Europe / WWIIOnline is no different there.

For the most part they can be deleted. You can delete them outright but a safer (more recoverable) method of removing them would be to change the name of the “Battleground Europe” key to possibly “Battleground Europe_”. This will retain the key for restoration but anything that might be using it will not be able to locate it due to the change. If your computer appears to be unaffected then you could safely delete the key after that. It’s up to you. The current install of WWIIOnline however no longer references anything titled Battleground Europe.

The “Old settings” it is referring to are the user configurable game settings. Things like key mappers and configeration settings. These are located in the “User/<your-user-name>/Documents/Battleground Europe” folder. The installer doesn’t touch this folder so it appears you still have one on your computer. Some players have extensive modifications to the “Default” keymappers so the functionality to copy them to the new location “User/<your-user-name>/Documents/WWIIOnline” was provided. Both the Mac and Windows clients use similarly name locations. Just a little note for the Mac it stores the actual keymapper files within the Preferences folder on the drive. If you answer “yes” it will copy the contents of the Battleground Europe folder (Windows and Mac) into the WWIIOnline folder where they will be available within the current game. Be aware the copy process OVERWRITES any identically named files within the WWIIOnline folder. Then it renames the Battleground Europe folder to something like “Battleground Europe_Copied_20190830-052421”. The numbers will be different but they will be in that format. Once again a recoverable option presented. The renaming also prevents the copy functionality from locating it again. The renamed folder can be safely deleted is you wish to.

You are also able to just delete the folder “User/<your-user-name>/Documents/Battleground Europe”. Until the Installer (Windows) and all the game clients (Organic and Steam / Windows and Mac) are unable to locate the folder “User/<your-user-name>/Documents/Battleground Europe” you WILL be presented with the option to copy the Old Settings at EVERY launch.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

James10

Thanks for that. I did copy the CFML files across to the WWIIOL folder and deleted the BE ones.

I will do a search and destroy on any remaining BE references.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0