Mosizlak

Tier0

8 posts in this topic

Has it outlived it's usefulness?  Is it time to can it completely? 

I think it has. I think we need to start in tier2, at least. 

New people, I think, have no desire to use tanks they have never even heard of.  

3 people like this

Pretty sure new tier structure starts at tier 1 which will now have pz3hs at map start

1 person likes this

I actually like the early Tier where INF play rules.

All tier have their thing... Need them all I think to cater to all preferences.

4 people like this

I hear what you're saying, but look at it from a different point of view: Does tier0/1 help get/retain new players?  Look at it from a new players view...is it fun for them? 

Do they wanna use s35s and h39s and bolt action rifles?  Or shermans and tigers and automatic weapons?  

39 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I hear what you're saying, but look at it from a different point of view: Does tier0/1 help get/retain new players?  Look at it from a new players view...is it fun for them? 

Do they wanna use s35s and h39s and bolt action rifles?  Or shermans and tigers and automatic weapons?  

I can only talk for myself. New generation of players wants rapid action, in town and have a chance to fight outside overwhelming numbers odds against them. It was fun for me while I was a greentag. CQB jiggles with SMG is tweaky - when you are lucky enough hear these ei steps sound in bunker running his life to clear bunker - with a rifle, you uses your nades and you need that perfect hit. I think there is a market and removing tiers progression isn't my cup of tea at all.

I know vets bunch that prefers first tiers over the late ones and vice-versa. There is a lot to work on to retain new players. Mine is : numbers, numbers and numbers, fix enter world button, fix these nasty unheard steps bug and these long due time bugs that cold off players. On a happy note, with FTP back, it should gonna help to retain more due to numbers ++.

46 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

ah but how many vets might you switch off with that I all the time? I love the early teirs and would get bored rather quickly if it all mid to late war gear all the time.  Plus our game is unique in the sense we get to regularly use stuff that EA or Activion  might ignore in their Big AAA World War Two games. 

1 person likes this