HW overview:

Windows 10 18362.418

Latest game client

Joystick: Saitek 290 pro

Drivers: 6.5.7.0

Mouse: Cobra RedDragon

Drivers: Windows HID 10.0.18362.1

Issue:

Returning player, starting FTB to see if I will have time to commit. 

First issue I noticed is that I was unable to keymap anything to my mouse buttons.  I didn't think much of it at the time and moved on.  Now I am wondering if this is another symptom of a larger issue.

After playing inf  for a few weeks, now want to get into armor/aircraft.  Plugged in my Saitek 290 Pro, loaded drivers and profiler application.  Controller works correctly in Windows and other games but is not detected in BGE.

Following some advice found online, tried the following with no change in behavior:

Disabled all generic HID devices in Device Manager

Control panel | Devices and Printers | right click Select Saitek ST290 Pro, select Game Control Settings | verified it's set to Saitek ST290 Pro.

In game Preferences | Controllers | Click 'rescan controllers'

What else can I check?

TIA for any and all suggestions!

Thanks for the reply @OLDZEKE but I have already tried this.  "Control panel | Devices and Printers | right click Select Saitek ST290 Pro, select Game Control Settings | verified it's set to Saitek ST290 Pro. "

You set it as preferred device and the game still doesn't see it?

Just hooked up a saitex x52. I normally use a MS sidewinder 2 FFB.

Loaded the game and stick was not seen.

With the game still running I alt tabbed out and set the x52 as preferred.

Brought the game back to top and hit the detect controllers and x52 then worked ingame.

IDK why you are having issues.

Look in documents/WWIIOnline folder Should be a bin folder, cfml folder and a screenshots folder. If that cfml folder is not there then create a new folder and name it cfml.

Load the game and see if that fixes it (assuming the cfml folder is not there now).

If you have a cfml folder in the WWIIOline folder then check that those folders are set to read only (sometimes windows updates randomly lock folders to read only).

Really appreciate your advice and time!

Have a cfml folder, contains two files: Global.calib, infantry.cfml.

Started game, alt tabbed out to control panel and set to preferred.  Jump back into game hit detect controllers, no joy.

Removed the two files in the cfml folder and repeated above steps.  Notice no new files were created (started in offline mode, assume that's not an issue)

verified the folder is not read-only, I can create new files within it.  SYSTEM has full control.

Edited by nukinftz

After typing (assume that's not an issue) I decided I probably should not assume.  Did the above steps in online mode and the two files I removed from the cfml folder were recreated and the joystick NOW WORKS :)

Thanks again OldZeke, you made my day!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0