Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tater

Paratroop question...

3 posts in this topic

I was in a town last night or maybe this morning... there were a few German para attacks in a row (cool!)...

But the FG42 is supposedly in the general spawn list because they were using paras as regular troops. Which counterfactual is it in WW2OL? That the Germans are forced to mimic RL where they didn't use paras after some year (in which case can they have fuel shortages, etc, too?), and then the para units get folded into regular BDEs, or the one I thought we had where they have paras and can use them as such as long as they like? If it's the former, when FG42s appear, why can they still fly real para missions? If it's the latter, why a ToE that makes no sense in the WW2OL game world, because it's mimicing a RL problem that is not  an issue in game?

Is there any rationale in a game world that since my return in Spring has had a few German invasions of GB for their explicitly paratroop weapons not to be limited to, you know, paratroops?

If para weapons get to be in all the spawn lists, can all the other spawn lists also get all the para units? US para units fought as ground troops entirely after Market Garden. Maybe the M1s can all be given HEAT charges as paras, but in every BDE? Double ammo resupplies for M1s? Ammo resupply for SMGs?

That's not of course what I want. I want the FG42 unit put where it belongs, as a para. Look at the bright side, way more paratroop ops would happen.

Edited by tater
2 people like this

I take it the FG42 is the new hate target now the MG34 is "fixed" - I am sure cutting equipment from spawn lists will lead to many more players resubbing, just like we were promised would happen as soon as the LMGs were "fixed". (FYI player numbers went down not up).

Its a game, and the RATs can have their "history" develop as they wish once the war begins, like having large scale french para units, french stus, sherms, spitfires based outside of the UK, and not forcing axis to have large numbers of PnzII's grouped in armoured brigades etc etc etc  This is a game not an historical reenactment. More para ops would not happen, more cries of " CRS nerf/hate axis " would happen and even more paying customers will be lost.

Allies just won the last map, most seemed to enjoy the fights, so please stop the hate for the FG42, at least until allies are losing...

S! Ian

I think since the STG is not in game the FG is a reasonable substitute.

What i have suggested before is to give the Infantry FG unit a standard Stahlhelm in camo and regular colour scheme..

I would think not too hard to do, leave the smock alone for now..

Cheers Monty

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0