Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Resource costing.

6 posts in this topic

Didn't we do some some type of resource costing analysis a while ago?

If so, how come 1 army div gets 85 LMGs, but 1 air div gets 294 planes (neither counting HQ)?

Would seem to me, a LMG cost less to make than a plane.

So, if there are 85 LMGs in a div, there should be less than 85 planes in a division?

Far too many planes on map it seems.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, delems said:

Didn't we do some some type of resource costing analysis a while ago?

If so, how come 1 army div gets 85 LMGs, but 1 air div gets 294 planes (neither counting HQ)?

Would seem to me, a LMG cost less to make than a plane.

So, if there are 85 LMGs in a div, there should be less than 85 planes in a division?

Far too many planes on map it seems.

That's a really crazy argument.  Game, game game.  No really.

Now if you INSIST on modeling, well then US industrial war equipment production was something like

50% shipping and warships

35% planes

15% army.

That's right, all that army and lend-lease trucks/tanks and arty  and everything ground was just 15% of our war builds.

UK air force output was 40-50%, Germany 40%. 

https://www.anesi.com/ussbs02.htm#tasp

So, ya, go on and argue a futile historical argument.  Better to focus on game effect and happiness.

Keep in mind most air brigades are moved up at the first of the campaign, typical starting deployment has wings starting together at factory defense then most moved up to forward AFs.  Supply will degrade as AFs  get contested towns next to them and have brigades bounced.

I'm just saying, with 1000s of aircraft in game, seems kinda silly - we don't even have 1000s of LMGs.

Pretty sure WWII had more LMGs than aircraft; not in our game (simulation) though.

Edited by delems

What I think he's trying to say is that you can hardly atritt anything anymore.  With the massive spawn lists we have and the not so massive playerbase, killing is basically moot ha.  I can shoot down 25 EA over an AO and not make a tiny dent in the air supply. 

Players can suicide their bombers into the factories or bail out after bomb drop and not worry about having another bomber to spawn. There's an almost endless supply, even with the ridiculous griefing. 

Too much supply for the amount of players we have. 

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, delems said:

I'm just saying, with 1000s of aircraft in game, seems kinda silly - we don't even have 1000s of LMGs.

Pretty sure WWII had more LMGs than aircraft; not in our game (simulation) though.

Well then start with an argument like 'we need less planes in so they attrit like LMGs do', not specious highly flawed arguments based on unit cost.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0