n8r

More naval action west of map?

6 posts in this topic

i think there should be more naval action WEST of MAP, if the allies are advancing towards the german factories --- more NAVAL action w/ destroyers, freighters, etc.

the only naval action imo is in the start of a map, or if the axis are advancing east

First, allies advance E, axis W :)

Agree though.

Great attacks at Graven and Krab allies.

Only reason Krab didn't work out is I spotted your W truck 1000m out from SP roof, marked it.

Then our engr flanked out there and took out MS.

Meanwhile, I tracked truck in, and killed it from top of SP.

Then, saw ei coming in from MS area and killed him from 2nd floor SP.

Am I the only person who thinks these 3rd story look out towers are terrible for game play?

Whole W side assault stopped because of SP look out tower.

There should be, problem is that current game mechanics and layout work against it.  

In RL the Germans worked to interdict allied supply arriving from America to England. This scenario isn't currently in game in any fashion. 

So where in RL the navy fight was pretty large West of England, in game it's currently hours of essentially pointless sailing to get W of England.  Though one day that may change.  

Me and rans multi crewed a dd and blasted zandveliet fb for no reason other then rans is a camper and i had to supervise

Keep your eye, NAY! both eyes on that Rans fellow, suspicious looking.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, B2K said:

There should be, problem is that current game mechanics and layout work against it.  

In RL the Germans worked to interdict allied supply arriving from America to England. This scenario isn't currently in game in any fashion. 

(...) the navy fight was pretty large West of England (...)

Radical new mechanics, map development and a new game concept for time/distance would be required to add movement and occasional fighting in the Atlantic.

But the most critical naval supply movement for England's economy was off its east coast, mostly through the North Sea. The moved resource was coal, from the River Tyne mouth to Greater London. Stop those convoys, and England's ability to arm itself and many other economic functions would stop.

And, the most critical naval supply movement for Germany's economy was from Narvik, Norway to northwestern Germany. The moved resource was Swedish iron ore. Stop those convoys, and Germany's ability to arm itself would stop.

Those coastal convoys, and opportunities to attack and defend them, could be added to the existing game with, by comparison, much less development.