Elfin

Safari and Firefox

5 posts in this topic

I can log into the forums using safari as I have for years, but when I use the same login and password in Firefox (which I like to use, go mozilla) it tells me the account doesn't exists. 

Anyone have any suggestions on resolving this?

thanks....

I can confirm it's not specifically a Firefox issue.  I've been using Firefox exclusively, since it was released.  I have never used any other browser to log in here, and it has always worked fine for me, including as I'm posting this.

EDIT:  @Elfin, do you have either browser set to "autofill" your passwords?  If so, check Safari and see if you might be misremembering the password and still have it (and Safari) set to the correct password and Firefox using a different one.

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1

ok.

well I tried a few other accounts and it does the same thing. my work account for example. there is a create a new login tab in FF mb I will try that.

Hmmm...  Have you tried uninstalling Firefox and getting rid of all associated files where account information. PWs, et cetera could be stored, then reinstalling it clean?  It sounds like it's "remembering" different account names or something, and overwriting what you're entering as the usernames, in some way, when you try to log into your accounts.  I am NOT a computer guru, so I have no idea how it could happen, but that seems like the only reason multiple websites would tell you the accounts under the name(s) you're entering don't exist, when you know they do.

Best of luck!

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1
1 person likes this