• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
ian77

1.36 Fixed what?

32 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, matamor said:

There are still too much flags. Since we can resup from backlines, I don't see their utility anymore.

Variability, particularly when 'garrison size' is predicated on number of ABs.  Been there, done that, sucks.

Secondary reason, so a little bit of Brit can play in French territory and vice versa.

1 person likes this

(brainstorming): what if garrisons got longer resupply timers compared to brigade flags? That Would make attrition more important and make manual resupply more meaningful. 

29 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

(brainstorming): what it garrisons got longer resupply timers compared to brigade flags? That Would make attrition more important and make manual resupply more meaningful. 

Manual resupply is absurd and should not be a thing.

Maybe if there were AI convoys that would have trucks follow the leader (including flatbeds with tanks on them), or AI trained people drove, such that the one person who thinks this is fun does it. Otherwise? Boring waste of time. If resupply was something required to win (like capping and holding CPs---which I spend most of my time doing, even though I 99.9% hate it), I'd rather lose.

1 person likes this

On 22/12/2019 at 6:36 AM, XOOM said:

That thrill you're referring to also resulted in the worst morale conditions possible on the receiving end, which also directly impacted business.

Let's please also remember just how badly High Command was failing on both sides to field an appropriate level of officer coverage to manage the in-game operations. The same people who are criticizing 1.36 were the ones responsible predominately for the High Command at a COMMAND level. You know what their response was for the problem? CRS didn't do enough. Well, we answered that call and 1.36 removed the total reliance on too few.

Not too long ago the game was crippled with no HC online. While it may have been fun for some veteran High Commander's, the game's operation was dependent on a pure volunteer force who always felt they did not have sufficient manpower or tools to succeed. Put any new guy into that scenario and it was a doomsday scenario, I saw people gain their officer rank and within a week be gone because it was too much pressure.

What is High Command now? . Now the players don't have to beg for an HC officer to be online to spawn into the game world, and we're seeing new officers joining because they're learning it's not a big spooky set of responsibilities like it was.

You know what they were? A select few officers moving flags in the background answering to themselves mostly, ripping AO's out from under players without saying a word, and complaining about how hard it was to find a Map OIC. Yes, this stuff actually happened, a lot. Fortunately not by everyone, but there's a clear history of repetition of that behavior.

So let's please not pretend like these changes were without consideration or years of clear evidence that High Command was overtaxed with their responsibilities and with the game's operation being on their shoulders almost exclusively, was a game design failure. How do I know this? Because I spent the first half of my time at CRS working with High Command's via our Community Management  / Game Management team(s) trying to solve these problems.

So we had to get surgical guys, I'm sorry you may not like it as much, but we had to make the right call to stabilize the campaign. And I believe that we have done so.

No the biggest issue to stabilize the game was and still is effective population balance. that's what caused morale to crash.

your game still require active HC hence @ian77 making this whole thread.  you say that is now HC is a leadership organization which is now driven towards supporting the gameplay, specifically by rallying troops, moving supplemental supply, establishing attack objectives that's what it always was. that was and is the role of the HC command in game. the best HC would do all those things in  pre 1.36 and still do it now post 1.36.  However the issue is that since the game still needs HC  you don't want to drive away any HC by making that game boring or otherwise people won't and the whole house of cards collapses. 

there needs to be a blend of pre 1.36 and post 1.36 game.  a few more flags and less supply in the garrisons. as others have said a garrison should be a defencive unit only they aren't offensive in anyway. 

as for backline supply, I have never seen anyone on the allied side do it other that in Antwerp and Brussels were it so easy to do. Its almost pointless, players don't have the time or general inclination to do it.  they are to busy attacking or defending objectives, running FMSs and blowing FBs to  to drive supply from one town to another. 

1 hour ago, ZEBBEEE said:

(brainstorming): what if garrisons got longer resupply timers compared to brigade flags? That Would make attrition more important and make manual resupply more meaningful. 

Attrition is better than it was pre 1.36, good job on that. Fighting hours against unlimited pool of supplies combined with JWBS was a turn down.

Garrisons ressuply timer would probably force both sides to attempt to counter more and faster if it gets slower. 

Manual ressuply > JWBS

1 person likes this